Author Topic: goodbye to EUO!!!!!!!!!  (Read 14475 times)

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: goodbye to EUO!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2015, 07:17:29 AM »
Cheffe sometimes seems manic or even bipolar; this comes with the "sub-genius" territory I suppose (I'm looking at you TM...Crome...EN...) ;)

He should have charged $10 for EasyUO with lifetime updates 10 years ago when membership was still at it's prime, he would have made a small fortune and we could have spent the last 10 years with reasonable expectations of a threatless, healthy product development lifecycle since it would have pushed him into formalizing the process or lose the cash cow. I and tens of thousands of subscribers would have been happy to pay for it considering the return on investment was astronomical. Of course this might have created more legal issues with Origin - their lawyers would have probably taken it all.

In any regard, why kill a tool when there are so many adept people willing to run with it and carry on his legacy? It makes as much sense as Brian pulling the plug on Coders. Why, when so many would have been happy to carry it on in his name? To each their own I suppose.

But yeah, I've become a little jaded to the threats while also feeling empathetic to Cheffe's plight. I would hate to see EasyUO go away but I will grudgingly adapt if I have to.
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2015, 08:15:18 AM »
sub genius !!!! .. SUB, wtf !!!   lol

I suspect Cheffe could have easily charged for the tool and  protected himself with a little digging, via hosting from certain countries etc.    I don't think he was ever interested in the potential financial gain... he developed it purely as a freebie to the community and i applaud him for that.

All he really needs is some feedback encouraging him to hang in their again.... and he will be good to go..... but eventually the ride will be over and he should just release the code.

Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2015, 08:23:15 AM »
sub genius !!!! .. SUB, wtf !!!   lol
Hehe...
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
  • Respect: +151
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2015, 11:31:49 AM »
Wouldn't you know it was Twinkle McNugget who was the first person to respond to his post....  makes me cringe... hopefully he never thinks to give Twinkle McNugget the reigns.... acks
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2015, 11:49:20 AM »
Wouldn't you know it was Twinkle McNugget who was the first person to respond to his post....  makes me cringe... hopefully he never thinks to give Twinkle McNugget the reigns.... acks
Dont think Twinkle McNugget knows how to use Delphi :) I found it more strange that the post was online 12 hours without any comment...

Offline gruntmanTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • gruntman has no influence.
  • Respect: +33
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2015, 03:50:31 PM »
Yeah agree with Chrome....had 3 views when i found it.....hmmm

Tags: