Author Topic: XIIxOveR's Miner For Dummies 3.0  (Read 246573 times)

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: XIIxOveR's Miner For Dummies 3.0
« Reply #210 on: October 23, 2011, 03:47:28 PM »
Cant wait for next version!

Offline Newsman

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • Newsman has no influence.
  • Respect: +38
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: October 27, 2011, 10:37:01 AM »
2 things to look at.

When it arrives at a mining location, there appears to be a lengthy delay before it begins to mine compared to the arrival and beginning of mining of other scripts.
It recalls or sacred journey's in.  It waits a few seconds then mines.

Also, I find the script tries to recall to the spot it's already at after it first arrives at the next recall location.

Offline 12TimesOverTopic starter

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 28, 2011, 02:21:19 AM »
When it arrives at a mining location, there appears to be a lengthy delay before it begins to mine compared to the arrival and beginning of mining of other scripts.
It recalls or sacred journey's in.  It waits a few seconds then mines.[/quote
This is likely happening because of the automated function and is by design. When you get to a spot it goes through every layer of every tile to determine if it's a layer that's been mined, should be mined, or should be ignored. Depending on the spots you mark it might take a couple of seconds to examine tiles contiguously until it gets to your first mineable tile.

Also, I find the script tries to recall to the spot it's already at after it first arrives at the next recall location.
Can you give any examples because I don't experience this when I use it. There are a couple of quirks that I need to figure out where it ends up getting stuck trying to recall to the spot it's standing already rather than to the bank or to the next spot, I haven't had much luck figuring that out yet, but I can go all day sometimes without that happening while other times it seems to happen every couple of hours.

I will play around a bit more and watch for a bit to see if I can see what you're reporting.

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Newsman

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • Newsman has no influence.
  • Respect: +38
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 28, 2011, 07:25:20 PM »
12x it doesnt cause a serious issue when it tries to sacred journey to the spot where it's already at.  It's almost as thought it isn't detecting it arrived at the destination in the first place and needs to do it a second time.  It never tries to go to the same place more than twice. 

I've run the script for 48 hours(brief delay for server down) without any major holdups.  This script just needs some focus on making it more efficient on time. 

Otherwise, it's an excellent script that's clearly improving at a rapid pace.

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 31, 2011, 09:29:47 AM »
Updated to version 3.1

Let go of 4.0 in order to focus on cleanup of issues instead before moving on to more features. Based on feedback in this and the 4.0 testing threads:

• More cleanup!
  • Fixed dropoff issue where lag was causing a problem opening pack to eliminate "ghost" items in pack
  • Addressed menu problem where resetting resource counts caused Start/Pause menu button mixup

X

Offline Alpha

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Alpha barely matters.Alpha barely matters.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 01, 2011, 06:14:32 PM »
V3.1  line 1936 still commented out heh...

;menu show 0 450

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 08, 2011, 11:38:00 AM »
V3.1  line 1936 still commented out heh...

;menu show 0 450
Man, never saw this as an Unread message so I'm just seeing it now.

Good catch! I had commented it out when doing some testing. Fixed and re-up'd.

X

Offline Joshua1601

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Joshua1601 has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 23, 2011, 04:28:41 AM »
I am new to this site I posted my intro but for the life of me can not find this script to download. Can you point me in the right direction ?

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 23, 2011, 05:48:41 AM »
I am new to this site I posted my intro but for the life of me can not find this script to download. Can you point me in the right direction ?

Patience Grasshoppa.....you needed a MOD to come by and unrestrict you...sometimes even we need to sleep. Try it again now. Welcome to the group, hope to see you active on the boards.
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline SlackBladder

• Activity:
    0%
  • SlackBladder has no influence.
  • Respect: +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 22, 2011, 12:04:03 PM »
Hi all, i am getting "target cannot be found" when i start mining with this script.....

I think i know what it is, but not sure how to fix it....

It sets up perfectly, once i hit start it opens my secure box before recalling to my first spot, then when it trys to start mining it is using "event macro 22" which i think is "last target"
So i think its trying to mine the secure chest hence the target cannot be found...

I have kind of proved this by pausing the script and then manualy mining 1 lot of ore from the spot and then resuming the script, it will happily mine that spot out, but once it hits the next rune i get either "you cannot mine here" or target not found, so i think again its using event 22 and trying to mine the runebook......

Ive played with changing to a different event macro like next target etc but no luck yet......
Hopefully someone can point a numpty like me in the right direction....
Cheers.....
PS:i am on a freeshard if that makes a difference....

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 23, 2011, 02:37:38 AM »
This is completely normal when you first start the script. The first time it goes through your runebook it "learns" all of the potential mining spots at each location and saves them, The next time you go through the book it should only do the good spots.

X

Offline SlackBladder

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 23, 2011, 03:12:58 AM »
Hmm, ok will give it another try, but after 10 mins in the first spot it still didnt move....
Maybe i should delete it all and the reg folder and start again.....
Cheers for the help...

Offline SlackBladder

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 23, 2011, 10:04:43 AM »
When you say it "learns" the spots, do you have to maunaly click the spots or does it learn by itself?
I used a mining radar to mark a bookfull of spots and it recalls to the first and just repeats "target cannot be seen"
Maybe my server has different tile codes....
Will have to look deeper...
I noticed that 2 others had the same problem in this thread, but they dont say how they fixed it....
I need to eat a scroll of scripting i think  :)

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 23, 2011, 10:18:32 AM »
When you say it "learns" the spots, do you have to maunaly click the spots or does it learn by itself?
I used a mining radar to mark a bookfull of spots and it recalls to the first and just repeats "target cannot be seen"
Maybe my server has different tile codes....
Will have to look deeper...
I noticed that 2 others had the same problem in this thread, but they dont say how they fixed it....
I need to eat a scroll of scripting i think  :)
Just let it keep running. It is going to test digging a few dozen tiles at eace location. It will hit some good and some bad tiles. When it gets a "Cannot be seen", "can't mine that", etc it will grab the x/y/z coordinate of that tile and put in in a variable to never dig again. The ones that actually dig successfully get added to a "always dig this" variable.

Now the one thing to pay attention to being on a free shard is whether your journal messages are the same as OSI when you mine. Each time you mine a message hits the journal and the script checks that message to see whether or not it's a good tile to mine. If your messages are different than OSI you would have to modify the script.

Once you make it through the entire book you shouldn't see failed messages anymore as only the "good" tiles will be mined.

This is all automatic, that's the beauty of this script - you don't need to target your dig spots.

X

Offline SlackBladder

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 23, 2011, 10:26:38 AM »
You may have hit the nail on the head....
I let it run for 20 mins earlier and it didnt move from the first recall, just kept getting the target cannot be seen......It never actualy found a diggable tile....
Ok so i need to look at the code and find the message it is looking for and see what my journal says for that action......
I'll get there in the end.......

Tags: