Author Topic: Hello Everyone  (Read 1495 times)

Offline SlackBladderTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • SlackBladder has no influence.
  • Respect: +5
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Hello Everyone
« on: December 11, 2011, 03:34:15 AM »
Hi all Just a quick note to say who i am  :)
My name is Bruce and i live in the UK, been playing UO since 2000 (on and off).
Always played and payed production shards until about 2 years ago when i finaly got tired of the whining, moaning and subsequent nerfing of things that didnt need touching....I packed my stuff into the bank and stopped the payments.....

So, about 2 months ago i got the UO itch again, but couldnt for the life of me find my uo passwords, i did the "lost password" thing and it said my email address didnt exist on their database.
No biggie i thought, i'll send customer support a lengthy email saying "Exactly" what i had already done and i asked the simple question "Do you delete accounts that havent been used or accessed in over 2 years?"
6 days later i got this reply:
"Please use the lost password option"
To say i was a bit annoyed was an understatement.....
Whilst searching for UO stuff again i came across the world of freeshards, i had never even looked at these before as i was always happy to pay my way for the game......
So i have now joined a freeshard, not massively populated, but friendly all the same....

Then i find myself looking into the world of scripting as the freeshard allows it within reason....
I used a few from another site and was completely amazed by the amount of work that goes into some of them...
I intend to learn how to do this myself, but with everything else going on i get easily sidetracked......
I was pretty chuffed with myself when i managed to get a fishing script to work on my server, basicaly the server gives "spam detected" messages out and if it becomes excessive then will disconn you, so a few tweaks and a few pauses added to the script and it worked perfectly......
Not a massive thing i know, but to a scripting virgin its right up there....

Anyways, enough of me wittering on i have some serious reading to do  :)
Cheers bruce

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Hello Everyone
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 03:52:01 AM »
Thanks for the well thought out intro, access granted! Please enjoy the site!
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, 08:03:25 AM »
Hello SlackBladder ,
thank you for putting some Efforts in your Intro.
Welcome and have a great time.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2011, 09:18:03 AM »
Welcome!

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2011, 04:02:11 PM »
Welcome, to the site. Thank you for the solid intro

Tags: