Author Topic: Guitar Hero 5 sucks  (Read 4058 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Guitar Hero 5 sucks
« on: September 04, 2009, 11:23:32 AM »
There, I said it.

I hate to say it, but I said it.

The good:

• I still use a PS2 and finally got the Mk2 guitar.  This guitar is great, much nicer than the nice previous ones.  See below for the bad.
  • New multiplayer capabilities including having multiple lead guitars.  I got kinda tired of fighting with my girlfriends daughter over who could be lead and who was forced to play bass.
  • Flow of gameplay.  Hammer-ons and pull-offs seem to be a bit easier to attempt.
  • Lots of songs.

The Bad:

• Lots of BAD songs.  Most of the songs on GH5 are from obscure artists.  The songs from known artists are few and far between, and even then the selections are not the best they could have come up with.  This is my biggest disappointment.
  • Repetitive cut scenes.  I'm not sure why they repeat the same cut-scene for the last 2 songs in a set.  Lazy comes to mind.
  • Underwhelming cut scenes.  I really liked the band story that was development over your play in GH3.  The ones in GH5 (and GH4 for that matter) are just dumb.
  • Overall easier.  I like challenging but not impossible.  Really there's not much challenging on this disk.  There's a couple songs that are stoopidly difficult.  If you are a GH player, you'll know what I mean by stoopid difficult and just challenging.
  • Seems to be the same rendering engine as was found in GH4.  Guitar Hero on the PS2 peaked at GH3.  From there, the band members just lost realistic detail (kinda became thin and cartoony) while the audience got unfocused.
  • The new spiffy USB based guitar DOES NOT work with previous GH3.  Lame.

I could probably go on, but I'll just start whining.  

So let this be a warning, buyer beware!  I will go back to playing the previous versions an hope the Rock Band franchise will offer something that's not quite so lame.

It's almost like EA has possessed Activision!  RUN!!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 10:07:32 PM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline SunTigress

• TopTwo's Woman
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • SunTigress has no influence.
  • Respect: +43
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Guitar Hero 5 sucks
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009, 06:20:50 PM »
so, i bought GH5 for my birthday, and i have to say, the songs are random.

some great songs, but i would say ~65% are random.

so, does this guitar work for GH4?
If at first you don't succeed, try try again. Then give up. There is no use in making a fool of yourself.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2009, 02:53:26 AM »
Which console do you have?  If you have a Wii, then the controller should work fine.  I have a PS2, and there are controller issues between game versions.

GH5 has grown on me.  I'm still not happy with the songs, but I've found a few that are fun to play because they are challenging and not really because they are good.  The game features are pretty good; the best of the games so far.  I just wish the side-games like GH-Van Halen had the same features.  It's like a dummied-down version of GH.  However the songs are great and fun to play.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline SunTigress

• TopTwo's Woman
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2009, 04:01:24 AM »
i bought it for PS2. i guess i will be purchasing the next one for wii then
If at first you don't succeed, try try again. Then give up. There is no use in making a fool of yourself.

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2009, 04:20:52 AM »
TT is starting to think the two biggest geeks on this site are

TM and ST!!!
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2009, 08:00:16 AM »
i bought it for PS2. i guess i will be purchasing the next one for wii then

I've been pretty cheap lately.  I never got around to upgrading my consoles and still don't own a Wii for myself.  I do play the Wii version with my girlfriends daughter and have to say it's much better.  Much faster too; the PS2 versions are just UBER slow.  Gameplay is fine, but the delay between songs is just super slow for GH4 and GH5.  Eventually I'll get a PS3 for myself.

You'll have to update us with your progress.  It's fun to get so you can shred through the songs at Expert level.

TT is starting to think the two biggest geeks on this site are
TM and ST!!!

Lol, from what I see, there's bigger ones here.  heh  We're just proud of it!
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline SunTigress

• TopTwo's Woman
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2009, 12:47:21 PM »
heh  We're just proud of it!

damn skippy!  ;D

Tags: