Author Topic: New Member - UO Vetran  (Read 2606 times)

Offline jderkeeTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • jderkee has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
New Member - UO Vetran
« on: March 09, 2013, 07:30:17 AM »
Hello SUO!

I would like to tell you a story about my first day on UO. The year was 1998. I first heard about this exciting "online game" from a coworker. Everyday at work he would tell me these stories about what happened the night before in the game. After listening to his stories about this game all summer, it got to the point where I just HAD to try it!! However, at the time, I couldn't really afford to buy the game, let alone pay the monthly fee. So my generous co-worker game me his log in info and a copy of the game to install so I could try it out... Thus began my 10 year journey in Ultima Online!

At that point in time, I had no experience in a game such as this and I had never played any of the Ultima series so I was a complete NoOb. I proceeded to log in, selected his main char, (wish I could remember the name) and A WHOLE NEW WOOOOORRRRLLD! Sorry got carried away, anyways, his account was on Napa Valley and after logging in I was smack dab in the center of Moonglow! After wondering around aimlessly for about 30 minutes, getting used to the controls and everything, I bumped into another player. I forget his name but let's say it was "John The Trustworthy" for the purpose of the story. He greeted me and proceeded to ask if I needed any help. I told him yes I would love some assistance as this was my first time playing. He requested that I follow him to the bank and when we arrived he gave me an assortment of weapons and some other throw away items. John then asked if I wanted to go hunt in the forest of Moonglow so I could raise my skills and make some gold. I said "Heck yeah!" with no hesitation whatsoever. The excitement was overwhelming, never before had I played a game like this let alone with other people! Well, I continued to follow John deeper into the forest. Along the way, we killed a few bears, a goat, and one deer. After about 10 minutes of this, out of nowhere, I see a strange message in red that says John is attacking you! Before I could even react, my screen went black and said, "You are dead." After I came to, I see John standing over my corpse and looting it dry. Needless to say, I was bewildered at this point, I thought John was my friend, how could he back stab me like this?? After what seemed like forever, John finally broke the silence and says: "Lesson #1, never trust anyone. Welcome to UO." and then runs off into the wilderness.

Hope you liked my intro! Glad to be here! :)

Offline Cooms

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Cooms has no influence.
  • Respect: +7
    • View Profile
Re: New Member - UO Vetran
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 08:01:52 AM »
Welcome to the community!!! :D I love the story!

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2013, 01:37:16 PM »
great story ... welcome to uo.. restricted status lifted.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2013, 02:37:19 PM »
Welcome!

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • MeWonUo barely matters.MeWonUo barely matters.
  • Respect: +85
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2013, 04:32:00 PM »
Great intro! Damn those pesky murderers, they used to be sneaky. Welcome to the community.

Offline Neo

• Prime Program
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Neo barely matters.Neo barely matters.
  • Respect: +155
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2013, 04:45:44 PM »
Welcome to ScriptUO!
Never refuse an invitation.
Never resist the unfamiliar.
Never fail to be polite.
And never outstay your welcome.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2013, 05:55:15 AM »
Thank you for the intro. Nice read and reminded me of some of my encounters.

Offline Nouveau

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Nouveau has no influence.
  • Respect: +8
    • View Profile
    • My Musings
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2013, 02:58:09 AM »
"Lesson #1, never trust anyone. Welcome to UO." and then runs off into the wilderness.

Your story put quite a grin on my face, been there done that type of thing!  :)

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.6%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2013, 03:08:33 AM »
Brings back memories. Well hell other than the trusting part, I still die to others more than I would care to admit but I am getting better. Welcome to SUO!! :)

Offline Nouveau

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Nouveau has no influence.
  • Respect: +8
    • View Profile
    • My Musings
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2013, 05:04:53 AM »
Brings back memories. Well hell other than the trusting part, I still die to others more than I would care to admit but I am getting better. Welcome to SUO!! :)

Haha, too funny!  That's why I'm keeping a low profile, rumor has it that some of BTH have returned to Origin.  Between them and FL (5-6 years ago), you were lucky to just log in to your house and find yourself alive.  Okay, so maybe that's a 'slight' exageration, but you know what I mean.  That was when I stopped playing.  Amazing coincidence that they've been making an appearance the same time I came back.  I'm not a PvPer, nope!  :)

Tags: