Author Topic: Runebook Copier  (Read 31770 times)

Offline ZapMcFlash

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • ZapMcFlash has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Runebook Copier
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2013, 11:59:07 AM »
+1
With that code added, when you add that, and it runes a box pops up after it marks and tries to label the rune, it says "Recall Rune"

Offline devin123

• Activity:
    0%
  • devin123 has no influence.
  • Respect: +6
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2013, 09:27:02 PM »
+1
exactly what he said... when i hit ok, another box pops up. when you hit ok, it renames the rune again, and another box pops up.  this keeps repeating

Offline slyoneTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • slyone has no influence.
  • Respect: +40
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2013, 03:06:30 PM »
+1
If the text in the box that pops up does not contain the new name of the rune then the #PROPERTY variable is probably unreliable on the shard you are on.  I attached a picture of my message box when I renamed a rune "Brit Bank West".  Does your message box look similar?

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
RecallRune#PROPERTY.png
Started playing back at the Second Age

Offline devin123

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2013, 09:04:34 PM »
+1
It does rename it. Problem is the script renames it again and again again and again again and again

Post Merge: July 17, 2013, 01:20:18 PM
this script works exept it doesn't read the current runebook so i need to manually type in what to name the runes, other than that it works great.  This get so tireing of typing out each rune every time i want to start copying books.  Maybe this code will help you fix it for me.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 12:38:51 PM by TrailMyx »

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2013, 05:28:41 PM »
+1
It does rename it. Problem is the script renames it again and again again and again again and again

Post Merge: July 17, 2013, 03:20:18 PM
this script works exept it doesn't read the current runebook so i need to manually type in what to name the runes, other than that it works great.  This get so tireing of typing out each rune every time i want to start copying books.  Maybe this code will help you fix it for me.

~snip~

Glad that it is working for you then.  A few posts ago I posted some test code to try and see if the #PROPERTY variable in EASYUO was working properly.  I only meant the test code to be used for debugging.

If #PROPERTY doesn't contain the name you are trying to rename the rune to then the script will go into a loop.  On some free shards, the event property doesn't populate #PROPERTY with reliable info.  This sounds like it may be the problem you were experiencing.  

The script may try to rename the rune a couple of times in a laggy situation but normally it renames the rune within a try or two.  As for reading the names of the rune book, I initially stayed away from the optical character recognition (OCR) code.  Gonzo's script uses Kal's OCR subs.  I tried to use them a while ago with no success.  I'll take another look but can't make any guarantees.

-S
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 05:31:14 PM by slyone »

Offline devin123

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2013, 06:41:57 PM »
+1
mind helping me with this on skype?

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2013, 10:23:56 PM »
+1

Post Merge: July 17, 2013, 03:20:18 PM

~snip~

Glad that it is working for you then.  A few posts ago I posted some test code to try and see if the #PROPERTY variable in EASYUO was working properly.  I only meant the test code to be used for debugging.

If #PROPERTY doesn't contain the name you are trying to rename the rune to then the script will go into a loop.  On some free shards, the event property doesn't populate #PROPERTY with reliable info.  This sounds like it may be the problem you were experiencing.  

The script may try to rename the rune a couple of times in a laggy situation but normally it renames the rune within a try or two.  As for reading the names of the rune book, I initially stayed away from the optical character recognition (OCR) code.  Gonzo's script uses Kal's OCR subs.  I tried to use them a while ago with no success.  I'll take another look but can't make any guarantees.

-S

Runuo based Freesshards always work correct with easyuo content. There are only less few shards not sending property packets or working in AOS Mode. If this is the Case only OCR can help or click on Name and parse Journal.

Offline devin123

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2013, 08:36:25 PM »
+1
Im so confused. Why would another script be able to rename the runes and then drop the rune in the right blank runebooks.   how can i delete the line to check if its properly renamed.

Offline devin123

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2013, 07:57:28 AM »
+1
i took a look at both scripts, the one that works with a menu where i need to type in each runes name on the menu.  and this script. they are both written very different.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 08:43:43 AM by 12TimesOver »

Offline cashlete

• Activity:
    0%
  • cashlete has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2015, 02:05:43 AM »
+1
This script is amazing. Thank you very much!

Offline Gandolf

• Activity:
    0%
  • Gandolf has no influence.
  • Respect: +24
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2015, 02:39:48 PM »
+1
can you made this to work on the new Atlas ?

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2015, 07:51:46 PM »
+1
can you made this to work on the new Atlas ?

Good question, this script uses TM's Travel sub's.  I don't have travel subs that support the new Runic Atlas.  So until that time this script won't be able to support it.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2015, 12:40:42 PM »
+1
What are the requirements to craft a runic atlas?  As soon as I get one, I'll modify my travel subs to accommodate.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Insideout

• Activity:
    0%
  • Insideout has no influence.
  • Respect: +13
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2015, 12:51:00 PM »
+1
The recipe of Course

24 Blank Scrolls
3 Recall Scrolls
3 Gate Travel
3 Blank Rune

Item Type MFHC

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2015, 01:02:18 PM »
+1
The recipe of Course

24 Blank Scrolls
3 Recall Scrolls
3 Gate Travel
3 Blank Rune

Item Type MFHC

Awesome, I'll see what I can do then.  I figured they required some exotic reagent, so I didn't even bother looking...
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!