Author Topic: Just a quick thanks  (Read 13042 times)

Offline El_RemoTopic starter

• Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • El_Remo has no influence.
  • Respect: +17
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Just a quick thanks
« on: April 20, 2011, 11:06:52 AM »
+1
I found one other site before this one that i dont need to name. I just wanted to say thanks for the way you guys treat us here. I love the site layout and i dont feel like someone is sitting over my head with an axe hoping i say the wrong thing so they can boot me. Thanks for being patient with teh noobs..  :0

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Just a quick thanks
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 11:22:03 AM »
+1
Haha, well there are times when I hear a "stone-grinding" sound coming from the shadows where I see Cerveza wander toward.  Often times I hear mumbling.....

Secret for avoiding Cerveza and his "implement":
Spoiler: show

If you keep outside the 20 ft. restrictive chain limit, you can avoid being axed, beaten, bludgeoned, or whatever he's going to beat/cut/pummel you with what he's sharpening/polishing/carving.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 11:28:20 AM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0.4%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 11:26:14 AM »
+1
Haha, thanks for the tip !. Found his tutorials helpful. I have tons to learn. 

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 11:26:36 AM »
+1
Is there something going on over here?

I thought I heard something.... oh well....
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 11:55:52 AM »
+1
I am glad you feel so welcome.   We really do want to maintain a positive community where folks don't feel like they are getting beaten up on he boards.  I,too, feel lucky to be here.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2011, 12:34:45 PM »
+1
It really was a conscious decision when we started the site to keep a positive attitude about the community and the useful users.  So as long as people take the time to make a good and thoughtful intro, we try to keep things upbeat and friendly.  It just is those few that fight the system that we have fun ridiculing. 

But we've managed this same attitude with basically the same core group of admins/GMODS/Elites for nearly 3 years now.  Actually, it's nearly the 3rd birthday of ScriptUO.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2011, 12:38:03 PM »
+1
Word Chancy ;) That's exactly why most of us are here. People here helped me learn to script and welcomed me even when I couldn't. Very different experience then some other places. Many of us have been chumming together at sites like HYG, UOCoders, WinUO, etc long before ScriptUO came to be. We have a very awesome community here and, frankly, it's "community" that keeps me interested in this game.

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

• Activity:
    0.4%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2011, 12:45:33 PM »
+1
Same here bro. UO to me is so unique in that manner. Its the reason i dont move to one of the more populated shards as well. I may not see the old faces anymore but the few that i see make the stay worth it.

Offline Outlaw Josey Wales

• Full Moon Rising!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Outlaw Josey Wales has no influence.
  • Respect: +59
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2011, 03:02:43 PM »
+1
I am glad you feel so welcome.   We really do want to maintain a positive community where folks don't feel like they are getting beaten up on he boards.  I,too, feel lucky to be here.
  Don t let c2 full ya man hes just itching to find somone screwing up or causeing havoc so he can spit some beach nut into there eyes and bend them over backwards and pleasure them with trails cat of nine tails and cervs darling hammer. What was she called again matilda?

Scrripty

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2011, 03:17:48 PM »
+1
Haha, thanks for the tip !. Found his tutorials helpful. I have tons to learn. 

Honestly, there's not that much to learn about EUO.  It's easier than you think.  You could learn it all in a month if you applied yourself.  The other ins and outs of EUO/UO scripting just come with time.  But the actuall using of EUO is simple.

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2011, 04:00:30 PM »
+1
Screw you all and your "kumbaya" attitudes of love and understanding...I'm taking my ball and going home!!

(Except for C2...him I love!..and Cerv...and TM...and...ok fine, I <3 you all!)
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2011, 05:42:58 PM »
+1
One word !!!

COMMUNITY

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2011, 06:31:11 PM »
+1
What was that ... I'm a bit hard of reading.... was that "Come-Mutiny"
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Scrripty

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2011, 07:04:02 PM »
+1

I thought I heard "kill with impunity."

Offline Outlaw Josey Wales

• Full Moon Rising!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Outlaw Josey Wales has no influence.
  • Respect: +59
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2011, 07:13:55 PM »
+1
Quickley gets Twinkle McNugget shot ready cause once he gets that blood lust only thing that will bring him down

I thought I heard "kill with impunity."

Tags: