Author Topic: ENs - Subs - Mini Rail System  (Read 13675 times)

Offline Endless NightTopic starter

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
ENs - Subs - Mini Rail System
« on: March 18, 2010, 04:59:33 PM »
+1
ENs - Subs - MiniRail System
Version 2.5  Release Date: April 2011

============================================

ABOUT
Not my superslick condensed rail system.. just a quick and dirty minirail system originally created to run ANT nests but since used for Magencia Lottery Tickets and scanning luna amongst other things.

Features:
This is part of ENs new sub series. These subs are callable and self contained. If you call the EN_SubRegisterAndInitialize function it will register all the subs and such into memory.  Most people wont need this

Pathing:
All Ens subs and scripts will defaulty be using this directory c:\Easyuo\ENs-Scripts\
Therefor to save on editing if you use a bunch of my scripts i recommend you create the appropriate directory and save the file their so save you from editing the header block of each of my scripts.

How To Use:
See top of script for callable sub definitions and posts below

Example of usage:
See top op script for Examples of usage and posts below  (Note default saves rail to C:\MyRail.txt)

Future Features: (some might never make it)

Feedback both negative and positive are defiantly more than welcomed and encouraged.  Same with feature requests .. no guarantee will make it into the code .. but it might.

Disclaimer/Usage License: -- See Script for full Details.

(C) 2007 All Rights Reserved JosephAJ
Commercial usage requires written permission from the author

NOTE: My scripts or any derivative of them are *not* for use in other players script/s! (Unless they specificially say they are)

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
ENs-MiniRail System.txt
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 06:01:10 PM by Endless Night »
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
Re: ENs - Subs - Mini Rail System
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 05:23:02 PM »
+1
Example Script.   (Attach subs to end or call them)

Code: [Select]
gosub ENs_LunaBankRail_Setup

Display OK Start At Luna MoonGate
gosub ENs_MiniRail_Run LunaBank FORWARD

display ok Going to Run the Rail in reverse now
gosub ENs_MiniRail_Run LunaBank REVERSE
halt

sub ENs_LunaBankRail_Setup
  gosub ENs_MiniRail_AddPoint LunaBank  1016 524 -70
  gosub ENs_MiniRail_AddPoint LunaBank  1016 520 -70
  gosub ENs_MiniRail_AddPoint LunaBank  1011 520 -58
  gosub ENs_MiniRail_AddPoint LunaBank  1005 520 -50
  gosub ENs_MiniRail_AddPoint LunaBank  1002 520 -50
  gosub ENs_MiniRail_AddPoint LunaBank   997 520 -50
  gosub ENs_MiniRail_AddPoint LunaBank   997 512 -50
  gosub ENs_MiniRail_AddPoint LunaBank   990 512 -50
  gosub ENs_MiniRail_AddPoint LunaBank   982 512 -50
  gosub ENs_MiniRail_AddPoint LunaBank   982 519 -50
  gosub ENs_MiniRail_AddPoint LunaBank   982 527 -50
  gosub ENs_MiniRail_AddPoint LunaBank   989 527 -50
  gosub ENs_MiniRail_AddPoint LunaBank   997 527 -50
  gosub ENs_MiniRail_AddPoint LunaBank   997 519 -50
  gosub ENs_MiniRail_AddPoint LunaBank  1003 519 -50
  gosub ENs_MiniRail_AddPoint LunaBank  1009 519 -50
  gosub ENs_MiniRail_AddPoint LunaBank  1015 519 -70
  gosub ENs_MiniRail_AddPoint LunaBank  1016 524 -70
Return

Attached Example script with the subs included

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
ENs - MiniRail Example Script - Run around lunabank.txt
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 05:42:45 PM by Endless Night »
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010, 05:23:59 PM »
+1
Well finally!!!  ehhe

Sorry TM had to remove your post :)   Got in middle of my 2 ..   and this isnt my super compressed rail system .. its my mini rail for short distances .. or multiple short distances.  Like running into your house up the stairs to a box and back down again.

Ideal for scripts that dont want the overhead of running a full blown rail system for such little distances.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 05:53:10 PM by Endless Night »

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2010, 05:11:20 AM »
+1
Huzzah!  Since I do so much running across uneven ground, your method seems to work the best.

:)

Edit:  Hmm...now I'm almost obligated to rework Ant Farm, aren't I?

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2010, 05:22:44 AM »
+1
Actually was working on that right now myself as i hadnt done anything on it in ages.  Look for a new version soon.

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2010, 04:29:59 PM »
+1
VERSION 2

Includes a miniRail Recorder sub

Code: [Select]
GoSUB ENs_MiniRail_Recorder  MyRailName  C:\MyRail.txt  SPACE ESC
;GoSUB ENs_MiniRail_Recorder  ; Railname Filename (RecordHotKey ExitHotkey - Optional)

I generally record a way point every 4 spaces.  But its up to you. 
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 04:37:14 PM by Endless Night »

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2011, 05:18:43 AM »
+1
VERSION 2.5

UPdated what and why .. beats me .. misc fixes etc.

Offline Alpha

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Alpha barely matters.Alpha barely matters.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2013, 11:17:30 AM »
+1
Question for you EN.   I was just playing around with your mini Rail system & had a small problem with it.   I setup a short 6 point rail near my house and it runs FORWARD to the end fine but when I run in REVERSE it halts at point 3.   I peeked inside & it looks like !Railpointon increments down to 1 WHILE the character is still on point 3 and thus exits the Repeat loop in sub ENs_MiniRail_Run.   I'll have to play with more, but that will probably take me 10x as long as it would take you.   If you find a sec to play with a 2 year old post gracious!

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2013, 05:58:46 AM »
+1
Umm this is probably an older version... try the version thats in my library zip, that should be newer http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=10609.0

If that still doesnt cure the issue... post here again and i will look at it...

Offline Alpha

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Alpha barely matters.Alpha barely matters.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2013, 10:47:06 AM »
+1
Yea the Version I'd played with was the most recent one 2.5.   It's functioning the same way I described in my initial post.  I've tinkered with it and got it working with FORWARD / REVERSE but not sure I preserved the added loop functionality etc.    Anyway if you get a minute & honestly feel like peeking at it go please do but I know it's that time of the year & at least for myself I find it hard to get the motivation to work on anything that isn't my "current" project etc.

Thx!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2015, 07:48:03 AM »
+1
I am using Windows 8.1 and I tried recording a rail and it seemed to work but for the life of me I cannot find where it saved it. I have 2 hard drives and I have searched both for \Easyuo\ENs-Scripts\ and could not locate it at all. :(

Edit: ok I read in the script and looked a little closer and saw that it saves it as C:\MyRail.txt

User Error! DOH!  :o
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 03:25:48 PM by Crisis »

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2015, 01:40:35 PM »
+1
I am using Windows 8.1 and I tried recording a rail and it seemed to work but for the life of me I cannot find where it saved it. I have 2 hard drives and I have searched both for \Easyuo\ENs-Scripts\ and could not locate it at all. :(

Edit: ok I read in the script and looked a little closer and saw that it saves it as C:\MyRail.txt

User Error! DOH!  :o

LOL  glad you found it - Added a note about that to the first post for next person.  :)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 01:42:52 PM by Endless Night »

Offline Gemviper

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Gemviper hides in shadows.
  • Respect: +57
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2015, 07:12:09 PM »
+1
I get excited when I see script examples like this, but then being new to stealth I am instantly shut down since I have no clue where or how to put such examples so I can try them. Can't load the example because it's a text file not an .sc file, that much I know, but can't convert it to an .sc file because it triggers an "expected begin" error... so frustrating for a new guy, where does this go to try it?

after a lot more searching I found the answer here = http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=12441.msg104157#msg104157

I need more documentation to get up to speed I think, many of the examples require a minimum amount of knowledge which, I suspect, will slow down the amount of contributions greatly. There probably just aren't that many UO players with solid scripting skills to begin with, my first impression of stealth is that it looks fantastic with the most potential but if only a handful of players can unlock it it's not going to get finished so to speak and that would be a shame. As five would say - need more inputs!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 07:20:26 PM by Gemviper »

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2015, 06:14:45 AM »
+1
I get excited when I see script examples like this, but then being new to stealth I am instantly shut down since I have no clue where or how to put such examples so I can try them. Can't load the example because it's a text file not an .sc file, that much I know, but can't convert it to an .sc file because it triggers an "expected begin" error... so frustrating for a new guy, where does this go to try it?

after a lot more searching I found the answer here = http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=12441.msg104157#msg104157

I need more documentation to get up to speed I think, many of the examples require a minimum amount of knowledge which, I suspect, will slow down the amount of contributions greatly. There probably just aren't that many UO players with solid scripting skills to begin with, my first impression of stealth is that it looks fantastic with the most potential but if only a handful of players can unlock it it's not going to get finished so to speak and that would be a shame. As five would say - need more inputs!

I think you posted this in the wrong thread,  but in case you didnt.... this thread is about an EUO script ... not a stealth script.  That would be why you cannot use it in stealth.

Thier are a bunch of scripting languages/programs for UO ... none of them are compatible with each other... if you want stealth scripts only look in the stealth section.

Offline Gemviper

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Gemviper hides in shadows.
  • Respect: +57
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2015, 11:38:58 AM »
+1
Yup, wrong thread, sorry  ???

I was looking for ideas/hints/tips to finish what I was working on using the search feature so there were no sections, I'll watch that more closely next time. Thanks.

Tags: