Author Topic: TrailMyx's Full Auto Fisherman  (Read 460901 times)

Offline Glandit

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Glandit has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: TrailMyx's Full Auto Fisherman
« Reply #1065 on: April 06, 2021, 12:33:43 PM »
forgive me, im new to this, i have the main script, what/where is the looting script?

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: April 06, 2021, 01:07:02 PM »
+1
Looking through the different script sections will help a lot. If you had gone to the looting section like I suggested, you would have found this. http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=17.0

People don't mind helping but you will need to take some initiative reading, googling, trying things out, etc first. I knew next to nothing when I came here and with the help of others wrote my first script. I had to have something in place for others to look at and give advice. You learn more by attempting yourself first than letting others do it for you.

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #1067 on: April 07, 2021, 08:03:54 AM »
.... I knew next to nothing when I came here and with the help of others wrote my first script.....

From scripting neophyte to GMOD!  Your daddy would be proud! :)
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline altiric

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • altiric has no influence.
  • Respect: +4
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: April 13, 2021, 11:47:44 PM »
Thanks for this! :)
Only changes i ended up making was to fix an issue i was having with the script hanging on a broken rod, and moved my drop off location to a secure in my house. Really just wanted to take up fishing for a stockpile of metal chests and was too cheap to pay for them lol, this did the trick and saved me many hours of not having to actively fish :)

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: April 14, 2021, 08:23:02 AM »
Thanks for this! :)
Only changes i ended up making was to fix an issue i was having with the script hanging on a broken rod, and moved my drop off location to a secure in my house. Really just wanted to take up fishing for a stockpile of metal chests and was too cheap to pay for them lol, this did the trick and saved me many hours of not having to actively fish :)

Broken Rod - thought that only happened on Siege?

Offline altiric

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: April 14, 2021, 03:53:24 PM »
Only shard i seem to enjoy playing on since getting back. Been gone since 05. Took a peek at Atlantic and went running, screaming, in tears...

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: April 14, 2021, 06:03:23 PM »
Only shard i seem to enjoy playing on since getting back. Been gone since 05. Took a peek at Atlantic and went running, screaming, in tears...

lol

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #1072 on: April 14, 2021, 07:18:56 PM »
Gimlet probably has some experience getting this thing to run on Siege!
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline altiric

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: April 14, 2021, 08:50:00 PM »
+1
Had no issues at all! Youre scripting is so clean and easy to follow (and learn from). Was easy enough to update the boat stuff for the bigger ships, toss my keepables into the cargo hold, replace broken rods, etc. Not to mention i actually read through all the pages and found a few handy tid bits.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #1074 on: April 15, 2021, 07:39:15 AM »
Had no issues at all! Youre scripting is so clean and easy to follow (and learn from). Was easy enough to update the boat stuff for the bigger ships, toss my keepables into the cargo hold, replace broken rods, etc. Not to mention i actually read through all the pages and found a few handy tid bits.
That's great to hear.  Especially that you've gotten some use out of my code helping you learn yourself.  EasyUO is really one of the best examples of people using sample code to branch out to make their own creations.  Good stuff!
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline altiric

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: April 15, 2021, 04:19:11 PM »
Examples like yours and a couple others here sure make it easy. I also have the benefit of coming from a perl/php/c background, Lua, pascal, etc however is beyond my realm of interest. Normally just hack and slash subs together from working scripts to make what i want. Decided to try releasing my first script and it gave me a whole new level of appreciation for you guys. The amount of extra work involved in automating setups, error checking, etc is kind of insane.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #1076 on: April 16, 2021, 06:15:25 AM »
Examples like yours and a couple others here sure make it easy. I also have the benefit of coming from a perl/php/c background, Lua, pascal, etc however is beyond my realm of interest. Normally just hack and slash subs together from working scripts to make what i want. Decided to try releasing my first script and it gave me a whole new level of appreciation for you guys. The amount of extra work involved in automating setups, error checking, etc is kind of insane.
You have the right of it.  It is definitely one thing to get a script working for your own needs, but it's entirely different to try and come up with something that can run for someone without much script fixing experience.  Really it's just a matter of how much support a scripter wants to give the users after release.  A poorly written script will lead to lots of work after release for the scripter supporting it.  So bulletproofing is a must (for sanity-sake).

This has been a neat community that really likes to "break" scripts.  If one doesn't take that too personally, then it's a good opportunity to stress your script and make it better.  You learn really quickly to write easy-to-read and modular code just so that it makes support it easier.  Being a coder like yourself, you can certainly appreciate the benefit of modularity when you're going back to debugging or reusing functionality.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 07:05:16 AM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline storani

• Activity:
    0%
  • storani has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: June 18, 2021, 06:17:58 PM »
Hi!!!
I have 2 types of problem with this script, both involving the gun.
I use Repeating Crossbow with Spell Channeling.
In the first few times of use, the message appeared saying that he could not find the weapon, even though it was in his hand. That message appeared whenever he was going to cast Chival. This influenced at the end of the macro, when he would get close to the body and cut. If you didn't click the OK in the box, it wouldn't continue.
After running Guided Setup several times this problem apparently ended.
Now, what happens is that after he kills the sea serpent, he doesn't proceed (get close to the body, cut, loot, etc). The message: "you must wait to perform another action" keeps appearing.
The macro only continues if I manually remove the weapon from my hand.
And I need to put it later, as it doesn't automatically arm after this loot process, nor when another Sea Serpent appears.
Does anybody know how to solve this?

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Gaderian barely matters.Gaderian barely matters.
  • Respect: +50
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: June 18, 2021, 07:36:00 PM »
+1
Are you running this on a production or freeshard server?

There are types for the weapon. Does your weapon show up in either the bow or the variable that keeps track of the left-handed/right-handed (not looking at the code, just from memory)?

There is also routines for disarm and rearming the bow, but I do not know if these are skipped for spell channeling weapons. I would test with another bow of some type that isn't spell channeling just to see if it simply functions for you. It sounds like you are having multiple issues (maybe a lag/timing issue as well). So I would test it out with a basic setup, then figure out how to add elements.

If you need assistance to adapt the script, it will first need the TYPE of the weapon you are using. Drag it and check the value of #LLIFTEDTYPE.
Next you need a left hand vs. right hand arm/disarm routine.
"Go ahead ask me: 'Should I use hard waits or timers?'"
You say:"Should I"
Gaderian:"Timers!"
You Say:"use hard waits or timers?"

The serious side of timer use is illustrated here: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=12094.msg101926#msg101926

However, every time I go back and look at this [AutoLooter] script, I realize I had wrote it in my zen state of EUO scripting - so it makes my brain hurt.

Offline storani

• Activity:
    0%
  • storani has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: June 19, 2021, 06:59:06 AM »
Are you running this on a production or freeshard server?

There are types for the weapon. Does your weapon show up in either the bow or the variable that keeps track of the left-handed/right-handed (not looking at the code, just from memory)?

There is also routines for disarm and rearming the bow, but I do not know if these are skipped for spell channeling weapons. I would test with another bow of some type that isn't spell channeling just to see if it simply functions for you. It sounds like you are having multiple issues (maybe a lag/timing issue as well). So I would test it out with a basic setup, then figure out how to add elements.

If you need assistance to adapt the script, it will first need the TYPE of the weapon you are using. Drag it and check the value of #LLIFTEDTYPE.
Next you need a left hand vs. right hand arm/disarm routine.

Good Morning.
Come on.
Today, right at the beginning, the problem reoccurred saying that he did not find a weapon, and after I killed the sea serpent, and he did not take the weapon out of my hand, and he kept giving that message that he was waiting for an action, etc. (the that I posted above).
Here are the answers:
1 - I'm currently playing on Demise. I don't know if it's considered like OSI or FreeShard.
2 - I don't have much knowledge of EasyUO scripting, but I haven't seen anything about spellchanneling, but I think it should be removed and put out of my hand, regardless of this property.
3 - The weapon is a repeating Crossbow (PPO in #LLIFTEDTYPE)
4 - I didn't click on the box that spoke of not finding the weapon. After he killed the serpent, I clicked to see what he would do. He cast all chival abilities that should have been cast before (even repeated the "spell" even though she was a buff).
5 - I changed the weapon. I got another Crossbow repeating without spellchanneling. I redid the Guided Setup. When the serpent appeared, he did not take the weapon. After I manually armed, he casted chival without the message box appearing. After killing the snake, he didn't go near it to cut. The same message "you must wait to perform another action" appeared. I had to remove the weapon manually for him to proceed.

Tags: TrailMyx Fishing