Author Topic: Hi from Istanbul / Turkey  (Read 3108 times)

Offline equinoxTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • equinox has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Hi from Istanbul / Turkey
« on: February 22, 2011, 06:04:29 AM »
Hi everybody,

My name is Burak, 32 years old Ultima addicted guy. I'm a computer engineer. I'm playing Ultima since 2001 with several years break. I've never played in OSI, only Turkish freeshards. I'm an apprentice scripter also. I'm writing little utility functions and tinkering old good EasyUO scripts. I'm working for improve my knowledge and experience in UO scripting.

I love this game because it's a runaway from ordinary, boring, daily business stuff for me. It's a different kind of pleasure to abstract yourself from real world issues for a while within a fantastic parallel universe. My main char is a Tamer/Mage. I also have a crafter (BS, carpenter, tinker, tailor), an inscriptor, an alchemist and several resource collectors. I want to tame a Nightmare and have my own castle :)

I believe I will learn a lot of things about playing Ultima and scripting in this community. I will be much more happy if I could able to make valuable contributions and make good friendships.

Thank you,

Burak

Ps. Sorry for my English ;)

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Hi from Istanbul / Turkey
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 07:47:34 AM »
Welcome

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 09:51:23 AM »
Welcome there far lander. Check out our search button and have a good stay here.

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 01:28:36 PM »
Welcome Burak.  Your English is fine.  I have always wanted to visit Istanbul, but the closest I made it was Pamukkale.  I have a roman brick on the desk in front of me from the colloseum there. http://www.shutterstock.com/pic-67028842/stock-photo-ancient-amphitheater-near-pamukkale-in-hierapolis-turkey.html

Anyway, welcome to the site. 
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr