Author Topic: Medusa scaler  (Read 10541 times)

Offline baldielocksTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • baldielocks has no influence.
  • Respect: +11
  • Referrals: 5
    • View Profile
Medusa scaler
« on: August 02, 2010, 06:15:07 PM »
This is a simple script to cut medusas scales. It should not be intrusive, and pauses when done, in case you are chaining them.

Script relies on Trail Myx's journal sub, which can actually HANDLE a sampire spam storm and still be accurate. Thanks for sharing this TM.
Thanks to Aastrom of Easyuo for the core idea of his script.
Thanks to Cervesa, for his many tips, and the ID's of other pointy objects form his bone cutter.
Thanks to Twinkle McNugget, Cervesa, JAF, _C2_ (for menu tutorial), Paulonius, and many others for chiming in to get me up to speed.
Thanks to all scripters who share their work!

Set UP: Have a knife in main pack. Hit play. Get within two tiles of medusa. That should be all.
Additional notes. Waits can be adjusted on the fly. I put in a soft wait that looks for must waits and other errors. In testing, this has worked very reliably.
If a must wait occurs, script loops back to previous section and re-tries while adjusting the wait up 1.

Code: [Select]
;==================================
; Script Name: Medusa scaler
; Author: Baldielocks
; Version: 1.0
; Public release date: 02 August 2010
; Purpose: Cuts scales from medusa while fighting. Detect success / fail / complete.
; Special thanks:Script relies on Trail Myx's journal sub, which can actually HANDLE a sampire spam storm and still be accurate. Thanks for sharing this TM.
;Thanks to Aastrom of Easyuo for the core idea of his script.
;Thanks to Cervesa, for his many tips, and the ID's of other pointy objects form his bone cutter.
;Thanks to Twinkle McNugget, Cervesa, JAF, _C2_ (for menu tutorial), Paulonius, and many others for chiming in to get me up to speed.
;Thanks to all scripters who share their work!
; Aasstrom (easyuo) for use of his doom bone cutter.

;==============================================================================
;                              _
;           ___         _     | |  __   ___ _____
;         / __/  __ _ _(_)_ _ | |_\  ) (  //  _  \     Making (s)UO easier.
;         \__ \(  _/ `_/ / ` \|  _|  | |  |  / \  \     www.scriptuo.com
;          __| | (_| | | | |) | | \  \_/  |  \_/  /     Admin:  TrailMyx
;         \___/\___| | |_|  _/\__\ \_____/\______/    Ass. Admin:  Cerveza
;                  | |   | |
;                  |_|   |_|
;
;==============================================================================
;Client Tested with: 7.0.7.3
; EUO version tested with: 1.5
; Shard OSI / FS: OSI

; Instructions: Be in medusa lair (no point otherwise), have a sharp thingie that skins in pack.
; Oh, and hit play. That helps.

; Script Name: Non-Intrusive Doom Bone Cutter
; Author: Aastrom
; Version: 1.2
; Client Tested with: 6.0.11.0 (patch 72)
; EUO version tested with: 1.5
; Shard OSI / FS:
; Revision Date: 2008-12-06
; Public Release: 2006-11-04
; Purpose: Unintrusively cuts Unholy Bones that the Dark Father in Doom places.

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
BL Medusa scaler V1.1.txt

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Medusa scaler
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 09:25:51 PM »
How many scales can you pull from one Medusa?  How much better are medusa scales than normal scales for making lenses?

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 10:06:47 PM »
How many scales can you pull from one Medusa?  How much better are medusa scales than normal scales for making lenses?

I generally get around 15 total scales from Medusa. Her scales work 100% of the time, while dragon scales work 90% or less.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2010, 04:42:42 AM »
You get 2-3 scales per attempt. 5 attempts max. avg is 12. OID is correct with the scale percents, but as with all things UO, it's not really 100%. I am seeing about 99%, but still a ton better than 90%. I am working on two more medusa scripts as companions to this. One is a statue attacker for either support or primary account. Other is a gorgon lens charger.

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2010, 10:55:50 AM »
Quote from: Bald Dude
If a must wait occurs, script loops back to previous section and re-tries while adjusting the wait up 1.
I would put a cap on that. If you have a few pockets of lag you'll be adding a lot of delay in, and when the lag subsides you'll be wasting a lot of time.

I'd actually say it's better to get the message and accomplish it in 4 ticks then set the delay for 5 ticks just so you don't get a message.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2010, 01:01:50 PM »
Quote from: Bald Dude
I would put a cap on that. If you have a few pockets of lag you'll be adding a lot of delay in, and when the lag subsides you'll be wasting a lot of time.

I'd actually say it's better to get the message and accomplish it in 4 ticks then set the delay for 5 ticks just so you don't get a message.
*grumps* I's BALDIELOCKS. With a L O C K S :D.
Thanks for the input C. I am pretty lagtastic, so i spike up to 15 quite often. Just showing that I finally got journal scan i guess. Will update in new version with test inputs.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2010, 03:44:05 PM »
Nice!
OMG, *FAINTS*. Thanks Twinkle McNugget!   ;D

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2011, 07:20:49 PM »
Congratulations your Script has been moved to the script library (if you dont think the section is appropriate please pm me)
Thank you for your submission
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline unbelromano

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • unbelromano has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2015, 11:24:53 AM »
where is the script??????

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2015, 03:38:25 PM »
where is the script??????

I see that you posted your introduction already but you may want to add to it. Once your intro is approved, you will be unrestricted and then you can see the download links.

Tags: