Ultima Online Fan Board > UO Bragging Rights

Funniest UO stories???

(1/3) > >>

Toptwo:
OK Guys, as a new guy here this might have been posted before...but I gotta know, what do you guys think is some of the funniest things that have ever happened to you in your UO life??

I will start it off....

As I said in my intro, I started playing the came within a week after it came out. I was very obsessive about the game (gee that hasn't changed) and I played every minute I could. I am sure that that I ended up with one of the first GM swords/Tactics dudes on the shard.

Of course not knowing a thing yet (still so much to learn since coming back) My first char was also a messed up kinda guy...who even thought about making a "mule" for crafting and such in those days!! Anyway, he was GM swords/Tactics, and he was my miner, lumberjack, smith, and anything else I needed him for! (Imagin having 4 OPEN char spots!!)

One day he was out doing some lumberjacking and I couldn't stand it anymore..I HAD to PEE!!! I had not seen anybody in hours (nothing unusual there the shards were almost empty) I find a nice quiet spot in the woods, no mob's around and leave the keyboard. Off to the bathroom I go, and on my way back I stop to make more coffee and grab something to eat.

As I near my den I hear to my horror that a PK is beating on my char! I run the last few steps and get to my den just in time to see my guy with about 10HP left...the PK has even less HP then I do! He gets in the last lucky shot and my guy keels over dead.

The PK starts talking to me..NOT SMACK...He says to me "dude, that was the most awesome fight I have ever been in, you rock! That was CRAZY you had my adrenalin pumping GREAT FIGHT DUDE, GREAT FIGHT..let me help you find a healer, and I am not even going to loot you, you dont deserve to lose your stuff after a great fight like that!" and with that he ran off to find a healer, lead me to him, waited for me to rez, and walked me back to my body while he "guarded" me incase a mob showed up and I couldnt defend against it.

Once we got back to my body, and I collected all of my stuff, we talked a few, and he went off in search of somebody else to PK.

I never, ever, had the heart (and never did anytime I ever saw him again) to tell him I was in Auto-Defend mode, and wasn't even at my keyboard through the entire fight!

I have thought about that many times over the years, and it still brings a chuckle.

How about you guys? I am sure there are TONS of things that have happened, we should be able to bring a smile or laugh to each other for awhile talking about this!

Toptwo

Cerveza:
I worked with this Navy guy in Japan. He was one of the guys who got me playing UO.

I was maintenance, and he was an operator. He told me he wanted to be maintenance but he was *very* color blind. He couldn't identify wires, so no maintenance.

With this knowledge, and access to his house... I got myself a dye tub and began having fun. His clothes were the most gorgeous shades of mauve, chartreuse, lavender, and of course lots of pinks.

The first couple weeks were funny... then it started to become natural to see him riding up wearing a pink sash with a sky blue cloak, accented by a purple hat.

He didn't find out for like 6 months. Somebody at Brit Bank asked him if he was gay IRL, or if he was just RP'n a gay char. Eventually they got around to his attire.

It didn't take him long to figure out who the culprit was.  ;)

He swore he'd get me back... still look over my shoulder from time to time.

Hoby:
omg thats a funny story

Daeus:

--- Quote from: Cerveza on April 04, 2009, 05:46:08 PM ---I worked with this Navy guy in Japan. He was one of the guys who got me playing UO.

I was maintenance, and he was an operator. He told me he wanted to be maintenance but he was *very* color blind. He couldn't identify wires, so no maintenance.

With this knowledge, and access to his house... I got myself a dye tub and began having fun. His clothes were the most gorgeous shades of mauve, chartreuse, lavender, and of course lots of pinks.

The first couple weeks were funny... then it started to become natural to see him riding up wearing a pink sash with a sky blue cloak, accented by a purple hat.

He didn't find out for like 6 months. Somebody at Brit Bank asked him if he was gay IRL, or if he was just RP'n a gay char. Eventually they got around to his attire.

It didn't take him long to figure out who the culprit was.  ;)

He swore he'd get me back... still look over my shoulder from time to time.

--- End quote ---

Being both red/green and yellow/blue colorblind, I think that is extremely cruel.  My dad used to buy me shirts for my birthday, and they were always pink - he thought it was hilarious seeing me wear them for a few weeks before someone would say something to me.  :P

fdisk /:
Harrower trap in Covetous:

3 tamers doing all the work
5 or 6 mages fielding and summoning
2 necro mages with wither spams on standby
1 dexer with an axe of the heavens and whirlwind selected
Bagballs everywhere

Like 7 people ran in (2 or 3 at a time) and got ganked down in less than 2 seconds. Only half of them came back and killed one of us as we were leaving. Good times.

Screenshot:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version