Author Topic: Sampire  (Read 162570 times)

Offline KhameleonTopic starter

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Sampire
« on: August 23, 2008, 03:34:41 PM »
Can someone explain this a little more.
and possibly post a good Template

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Sampire
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2008, 04:09:43 PM »
Hopefully Cerveza can weigh in on this; he's probably the foremost sampire expert...
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Pearls

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Pearls barely matters.Pearls barely matters.
  • Respect: +65
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2008, 01:25:36 AM »
Well im lacking my armor and weapon atm but i can tell u my template. Im just saving up money to rebuild my sammi. Some people run diff templates, but this template always worked for me.

90 anatomy
90 tactics
90 healing
120 bushido
100 parry (best to have a ring or bracelet with skill to get this higher)
120 weapon skill
76 chivalry
34 necro

Best to play as an elf. Go into vamp form using: (bloodwood spirit +5 necro, midnight bracers +20 necro, ossian grimoire +10 necro, ring +15 necro, bracelet +15 necro ===> wear this and ull have 99 necro skill total, enough to cast vamp form). This is not your main suit, this u wear with u in backpack, in case u die, you equip this and cast vamp form.

Basically sampires are based on leeching life tru damaging the opponent. With vamp form you will leech life tru the mod 'mana leech' on your weapon. So basically u want to use a weapon with high mana leech on it. Evidently you will also want to be doing maxed out damage, this we achieve tru 100% damage increase on the suit, honouring our opponent, and enemy of one with chivalry.
This puts us at 300% damage.

Example of gear:

Mace and shields
Jackalls Collar
Fey Leggings
Gloves of Nobility
Runebeetle Carapace
High pois/fire resist sleeves with hpi sti lmc
Primer on Damage Removal
Crimson Cincture
ring with dci, di, (dex/str/int), skill, hci/ep
bracelet with same as ring
Quiver of Infinity (5dci)

weapon: elven spellblade 2H (just out of my head example)

di 45 ssi 25 hml 40 hll 42 hla 42

=> examples of other weapons: ornate axe, diamond mace, katana, leafblade.. best to have high ssi thou, the more u hit, the more u leech
http://users.lmi.net/~noodle/netathene/guilds/Posts/ . Best to go with 2 handed weapons and no shield cos we use bushido and parry. U could put a 2 h weapon in your main, and put a 1h in your alternative so u can chug for example.

=> use the scribe bug to get +5 in elemental resists. Could try reactive armor and the other one, to see which way is best to achieve max resists.

=> for hci we use lightning strike, but its always good to have hci in case we run out of mana

=> basically you want to have high dci di (hci) hml ssi, max resists in vamp form
=> best of course to have a mix of hla and hld on the gear as well, hll hsl of course are also good as well. Depending on your weapon u might need to take mace and shield glasses or folded steel glasses.

Well i hope this helped u a bit, Cerveza is probably ten times better at explaining it to you, since hes been doing this before my sampire was even born ;)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 01:33:21 AM by Pearls »
XII : "My happiness as a married man is directly related to the amount of sex I have which, in turn, requires that I pretend I like these movies every now and then and that it really doesn't bother me when she tells me about her problems but doesn't want me to give her a solution ;) "

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2008, 02:22:35 AM »
Basically sampires are based on leeching life tru damaging the opponent. With vamp form you will leech life tru the mod 'mana leech' on your weapon. So basically u want to use a weapon with high mana leech on it.
Nice write-up Pearls, just one comment though -

I don't believe mana leech has anything to do with it. In Vamp I believe you leech life just by doing damage. Mana leech is nice for non-stop specials and lightning strikes, etc but has no bearing on the life leech. Of course this means you have to hit in order to leech life thus 45+ HCI and 120 weapon are essential.

The other option is to go the Necro/Dexxer route and use wraith form for non-stop mana and curse weapon for the life leech.

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Pearls

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2008, 02:29:06 AM »
I was under that impression that we leech truout mana leech on the weapon. My bad ;) We learn something new every day. Yours does make more sense hehe.
XII : "My happiness as a married man is directly related to the amount of sex I have which, in turn, requires that I pretend I like these movies every now and then and that it really doesn't bother me when she tells me about her problems but doesn't want me to give her a solution ;) "

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2008, 08:02:58 AM »
bah that's why we all do this, to help each other out!  ;D
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2008, 10:55:47 AM »
Vampire Embrace is extremely effective as an Archer it's not just for tanks or mages. In Vampire form you'll life leech 20% your damage output. You lose 25% Fire Resist and become immune to level 4 poision and below. You cannot use any potions or spells that require garlic so your curing is going to be done through healing or chivalry. It is only 20% unlike the necromancy spell Curse Weapon which leeches 50% and lasts 3 seconds for every 10 points you have in Spirit Speak. This is one of the templates I favor despite not having SS it allows for maximum damage and still room for healing.

120 Sword
120 Bushido
120 Tactics
120 Anatomy
120 Healing
35 Necro
85 Chivalry

Offline Pearls

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2008, 11:07:23 AM »
bah that's why we all do this, to help each other out!  ;D

Exactly, and im in dire need for u to turn on your icq once and a while :P

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2008, 02:38:45 PM »
How is it that you guys are getting up to 99.0 Necro?  Midnight bracers was one, but wasn't there a talisman to use also.  I have plenty of necro jewelry.

@ultima:  I never thought about doing it with archery.  I need to dust off my old archer and revamp him.  Get it?  Revamp?  I crack myself up..
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Pearls

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2008, 03:09:15 PM »
How is it that you guys are getting up to 99.0 Necro?  Midnight bracers was one, but wasn't there a talisman to use also.  I have plenty of necro jewelry.

@ultima:  I never thought about doing it with archery.  I need to dust off my old archer and revamp him.  Get it?  Revamp?  I crack myself up..

@ look closer at my post TM ;) Bloodwood spirit +5 necro. Im gonna have to get u some fisherman glasses so u can zoom in a little bit :P

Offline Nicar

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Nicar has no influence.
  • Respect: +20
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2008, 03:31:06 PM »

20 Midnight, bloodspirit +5, 15 ring, 15 bracelet, 10 necro spellbook = 65

Now, for me.. + 13 necro fishing pole = 68  so, could have as low as 31 Necro.. if get that +15 pole, that'd be 29 necro

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2008, 04:01:39 PM »

@ look closer at my post TM ;) Bloodwood spirit +5 necro. Im gonna have to get u some fisherman glasses so u can zoom in a little bit :P

Oh lol, there it is.  heh, sorry.  After this Lasik, my vision is sharper than ever.  It didn't do anything for my laziness. 
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2008, 04:35:31 PM »
Fishing pole?What?

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2008, 04:47:16 PM »
Fishing pole?What?

Oh yes, let's hear Nicar brag about his uber-fishing pole!!  hehe.

I'm going to kill all my heartwood saws until I get one.  Finally a reason to use them.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Nicar

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Nicar has no influence.
  • Respect: +20
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2008, 05:04:48 PM »
Fishing pole?What?

Oh yes, let's hear Nicar brag about his uber-fishing pole!!  hehe.

I'm going to kill all my heartwood saws until I get one.  Finally a reason to use them.

I even bought the saw for 8mil and haven't even obtained a heartwood saw or flether on my own

Tags: