Author Topic: Ok - this new item system is getting out of control...  (Read 10210 times)

Offline NObamaTopic starter

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Ok - this new item system is getting out of control...
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2011, 05:20:51 PM »
I'm going to have to start another thread listing the peerless/renowned drops that are no longer worth farming.  There are a lot of them...Ring of the Soulbinder, Animated Legs of the Tinker, etc etc.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2011, 01:19:31 PM »
What are teh devs thinking when they made these items more powerful than drops from high level monsters?

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2011, 01:31:04 PM »
I just had a discussion with a guy about doom. He was running there solo for a while in the hopes of finding an orny. I showed him some of the drops in Shame. In one night he already has a bracelet that is a better fit for him then an orny.

I'm still not sure about all this. Maybe they should have gone this route instead of imbuing?
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2011, 02:21:42 PM »
Just a quick tip, my guild popped a harry in shame last night and none of the forms (or tentacles) got improved loot like the rest of the mobs in shame (I was kinda hoping it'd be uber awesome, but oh well). Just in case anyone wondered...
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline MrOdd

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • MrOdd has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2011, 03:24:29 PM »
Just a quick tip, my guild popped a harry in shame last night and none of the forms (or tentacles) got improved loot like the rest of the mobs in shame (I was kinda hoping it'd be uber awesome, but oh well). Just in case anyone wondered...
That crossed my mind.. .DANG!!

Offline holmedog

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • holmedog has no influence.
  • Respect: +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2011, 03:37:10 PM »
I have to think this system is the answer to people getting into the game who haven't been in the game 10+ years.  Have you seen how expensive even a basic "good" swordsmanship item is in Luna nowdays?  Sure, we all know how to farm that gold in a few hours, but someone who was truly new to the game would be dumbfounded.

Shame has erased that gap.  Now you can "level" purely in Shame.  The best item drop I've seen so far was from a guardian troll on the first level.

Hell, I've seen some +20LRC +120Luck +4FCR +2FC rings.  Blew my damn mind.

Offline viniciusxis

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • viniciusxis has no influence.
  • Respect: +11
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2011, 07:12:52 AM »
are you people using sampires as well?
i'm being able to solo the  unbound vortexes but i can't seem to get any good loot so far
should i get a luck suit maybe? :P

Tags: