Author Topic: gump difficulty  (Read 1827 times)

Offline xeresTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • xeres has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
gump difficulty
« on: October 21, 2013, 05:25:03 PM »
so I'm in the process of renewing a personal use script but I've hit a wall here.  Its a highly modified ML quester script with LOTs of options, but the issue I'm having is the free server I'm on is having both a paperdoll of the NPC and the ML quest gump open.  of course the paperdoll open after the ML gump, so it has container focus and has to be dealt with...

I've tried just doing a quick check on #contname = paperdoll_gump and then right clicking it to clear the gump, but that is seemingly not going to work for some reason.  it just gets stuck in my goto loop trying to right click it....which is utterly baffling as I've never had a click function not work like that....

is there a way to muck about between open gumps to find the right one?

code snippet....

Code: [Select]
  getquestgump:
   set #nextcposx 0
   set #nextcposy 0
   set #lObjectID %questnpcID
   wait 30
   event Macro 17
   wait 30
   gumpcheck:
   if #contname = paperdoll_gump
     {
     click #contposx + 79 #contposy + 290 r
     goto gumpcheck
     }
   wait 30
   if #contname <> generic_gump && #CONTSIZE = 507_496
      goto getquestgump
  contpos 0 0

Offline xeresTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • xeres has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: gump difficulty
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 02:39:00 AM »
so i figured out why my click wasn't working....doesn't like changing the coords on the fly like that....changed it to click some vars and it works now....

but my question about gump focus still stands :)

this is more standard anyways...
Code: [Select]
     set %clickx #contposx + 134
     set %clicky #contposy + 35
     click %clickx %clicky r

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: gump difficulty
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 09:47:31 AM »
EUO doesnt support arithmetic on parameters passed as you have discovered.  All math must be done on a "set" line.

As to gump focus .. thier is no way in EUO to switch to a specific gump.  If you want that feature use OpenEUO or stealth.

But you can just reopen the gump that will bring it back into focus.. if its a paperdoll then that is very practical.  If its something else before switching forcus you can record its position and then click on it when needed that will refocus it (presuming its still thier and is not covered)

Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Tags: