Author Topic: $$$$ Money Spent $$$$  (Read 22397 times)

Offline PathionTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Pathion has no influence.
  • Respect: +6
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
$$$$ Money Spent $$$$
« on: October 26, 2008, 10:32:52 PM »
+1

Just came to the understanding that I have spent almost 2 grand on this game in month subscription fees for one account.  *SOBS*   Don't let my wife find out. 

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: $$$$ Money Spent $$$$
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2008, 10:34:03 PM »
+1
What the heck did you buy?  2 grand in US at $1.00/Million is a whale-load of gold!  heh.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline PathionTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Pathion has no influence.
  • Respect: +6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2008, 10:57:22 PM »
+1

HAHA.   Think about it.  My account is 10 years old.  So over 144 months  multiply that by the month fee and its a hell of a lot of $$$.   In Game I am also in poverty.  Prob is I get good stuff but I am a pack rat.  To sell and eat or Horde and wear rags.  I don't think my poor main character has had some decent grub in a month.  hehe.  Food is over
rated

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2008, 12:25:34 AM »
+1

HAHA.   Think about it.  My account is 10 years old.  So over 144 months  multiply that by the month fee and its a hell of a lot of $$$.   In Game I am also in poverty.  Prob is I get good stuff but I am a pack rat.  To sell and eat or Horde and wear rags.  I don't think my poor main character has had some decent grub in a month.  hehe.  Food is over
rated

Ahhh, yes.  Money over time.  I have both accounts at over 128 months so I can feel your pain regarding all the money spent.  Also, I have been known to buy goodies on Ebay back when you could purchase items there.  I remember paying $20 for 100K of gold back in the days.  heh.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline coyan2

• Activity:
    0%
  • coyan2 has no influence.
  • Respect: +14
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2008, 06:40:18 AM »
+1
3 accounts over the last 10 years.. I sold my first gold on eBay just before trammel was introduced. I got 320.00 for my first ever million gold. By the time I got my next million, it was selling for 25.00 a mill.

The game hated me, I was the newb of the year for 2 years i think.. By the time I got my first dwelling, it was a nice blue tent, they took them out a month later. I lost probably 20 boats in the first year alone.. damn hiders... and the trapped chest was my enemy... Many sets of plate armor went into someone else's vendor from those dammed chests.

but I'm still here, still kickin, and ebay is but a memory for me and gaming..

:)

All American Drink, For an All American kind of Guy

Offline luv2luvlong

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • luv2luvlong has no influence.
  • Respect: +14
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2008, 09:10:53 PM »
+1
WOW, why did you have to do the math? $2000 i try not to think about that number. Especially those months i didn't even log in.
"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle" - Sun Tzu in reference to his five points of victory.

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
  • Respect: +151
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2008, 09:22:26 AM »
+1
I don't even want to think of the numbers since i have 5 accounts...... all over 3 years.
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

Offline Rick182

• Activity:
    0%
  • Rick182 has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2008, 01:17:22 PM »
+1
 Yep I'm nine years poor too. I used to use eBay for stuff I wanted for the game. Back in the day when housing was impossible to get and people could own as many houses as they wanted I paid $125 real American, for a one room cottage by the water, now you can get a full size tower in game for 5 mil gold, geez!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2014, 10:47:13 AM »
+1
**NECRO REZ**
MHUHAHAHAHAHAHAA

I came across this while doing a search for something else. Think about how much has been paid now on those accounts 6 years later!

That being said, I miss being able to sell things on ebay. I remember buying a trammel keep for 25 million. I did not have the gold so I bought the gold for $10 per mil for a total of $250. The keep was loaded with goodies which I sold a lot so I ended up getting the keep and about 12 mil along with a lot of resources and stuff still in the keep. 1 Year later I was switching shards so I decided to sell the keep on Ebay and I put it in for a reserve of $250 to get my money back. It ended up selling for $575 and I had them send it western union so I got to keep all of the money unlike paypal where I would have paid a percentage and then the buyer could have reversed the charges. I never made a living on Ebay but I sure made some nice extra money and a lot of cool pixel crack while selling on ebay was available lol.

Offline Pearls

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Pearls barely matters.Pearls barely matters.
  • Respect: +65
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2014, 12:19:33 PM »
+1
Don't regret paying for UO though :) What i don't want to know is the amount of hours of my life i have spent on UO :D
XII : "My happiness as a married man is directly related to the amount of sex I have which, in turn, requires that I pretend I like these movies every now and then and that it really doesn't bother me when she tells me about her problems but doesn't want me to give her a solution ;) "

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2014, 12:21:16 PM »
+1
Same here, the money was well spent, but the time on the other hand might be truly scary. It is hard to believe that I have logged 9 days 23 hours and 10 minutes here on the forums so far lol

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2014, 12:52:19 PM »
+1
It just pixel after all.  It easy to do the math. $9.99 for 16 years.(X3)  plus  the purchase online.   Cost me the same to play UO that going to the gym each month.   

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2014, 02:42:20 PM »
+1
Same here, the money was well spent, but the time on the other hand might be truly scary. It is hard to believe that I have logged 9 days 23 hours and 10 minutes here on the forums so far lol

Holy crap...you are just a piker!  Here is my time:

Total time logged in: 67 days, 23 hours and 45 minutes.
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2014, 02:49:21 PM »
+1
Total Time Spent Online:    16 days, 10 hours and 37 minutes.
Total Posts:    1673 posts
Total Topics Started:    67 topics
Number of Polls Created:    0 polls
Number of Votes Cast:    18 votes

Now i feel ashamed being Elite..lol only 80% more then a commoner :&

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2014, 03:35:14 PM »
+1
i'm a virgin

Total time logged in: 12 days, 16 hours and 58 minutes.

Tags: