Author Topic: Hi, I'm Holmedog  (Read 3578 times)

Offline holmedogTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • holmedog has no influence.
  • Respect: +5
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Hi, I'm Holmedog
« on: October 24, 2011, 07:41:52 PM »
(Apparently I did this in the wrong order.  I'm supposed to share the info *THEN* the scripts.  Sorry, guys! Here's my intro!)

My friends call me John.

So, uh, who am I?  

Well, for starters I'm a UO player since '99.  I work at a large software company (not name dropping here), and I mainly got the job because of my experience writing scripts (Yes, I seriously sat one of my now managers down and showed him my auto farming script for UO at one point).

I used to be big in the scripting world about ~3 years ago.  I made a lot of good friends over at Askchopper before it kind of died.  Gimlet told me to swing by here if I ever started playing again, and so here I am.

My UO Experiece:
I was(am?) a bug tester for AC for years and years.  I am an active scripter by profession and hobby.  I play on GL and have a ton of characters.  I take breaks all the time, but this last one was the longest (~3 years).

Why do I macro?
It's fun for me.  I get my jollies by making things work, and something as complex as the systems in UO are very fun to work with.  

How did I find this place?
Old friends pointed me here

Why do I want to sign up?
To be honest, I don't know about this one.  I have scripts that do about 95% of what I've seen on here that I either got from the official easyuo site or that I wrote myself.  I surely don't need in-game money (I'm eRich I suppose).  I just enjoying writing scripts, and this seems to be the community that frowns less on my full-on-automation style of scripting.

Who am I IRL?
Software developer, divorced w/ 2 kids, 27 years old, small town Hickville USA.  I'm surprisingly boring ;)

Anything else, just ask!  I look forward to at least annoying you guys a bit around here with some random banter.  

Post Merge: October 24, 2011, 11:45:29 PM
I forgot some actual gameplay notes, LOL:

When do I play?
Evenings, sporadically.  I have two daughters most of the time and so I'm not able to play as much as usual

What do I play?
Content up to ML.  I haven't bought in to SA just yet.  Maybe, if I stick around long enough

Where do I play?
GL

What templates?
Right now I have:
Sampire
Tamer
Miner/Smith
SpellWeaver
Archer

What guild am I in?
None

How long have I played?
Counting breaks, free shards (in the day), etc?  Probably a cumulative 6-7 years.  I didn't play beta, but I bought the game at release.  

And, as a very random note: The captcha to sign up on here is CRAZY.  It took me like 7 tries to figure out vertical meant "Standing upright" and not Make them vertically oriented.  *old man grumble*
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 07:47:43 PM by holmedog »

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Hi, I'm Holmedog
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 07:59:41 PM »
Twenty seven with two kids?  Wow.  I'm way older than that and I wouldn't have been able to handle my two kids at your age.  Good on you, man.

Welcome.  I see you're dumping some of your personal library.  Nice to see someone contribute right from post one.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 08:04:38 PM »
Twenty seven with two kids?  Wow.  I'm way older than that and I wouldn't have been able to handle my two kids at your age.  Good on you, man.

Welcome.  I see you're dumping some of your personal library.  Nice to see someone contribute right from post one.

Hah, I started early (on the kids).  Had the first while I was a freshman in college.  5 and 3 right now.  They kind of just run the show when they aren't at their mothers.

As to the library, I'll post some more tomorrow.  I'm trying to get the feel for the site right now and I figure my AFKHunter is going to be my biggest contribution at any rate.

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2011, 08:34:56 PM »
Welcome to the site!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2011, 09:10:43 PM »
WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2011, 12:11:14 AM »
Hello and Welcome HolmeDog

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2011, 02:39:54 AM »
Great intro, thanks and welcome to ScriptUO Dog!

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2011, 05:29:11 AM »
Welcome ... great to see an a new member active right off the bat...  I think you will make friends here for sure.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2011, 05:31:19 AM »
Welcome to the site. Hope to see you active on the boards!
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline Goliath

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Goliath has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2011, 11:54:41 AM »
Welcome and Good Luck!

Offline Newsman

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • Newsman has no influence.
  • Respect: +38
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2011, 09:36:56 AM »
Welcome home!

side note: Ask Chopper Bug Testers are better than most people. it's a widely believed fact.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2011, 04:05:05 PM »
Welcome home!

side note: Ask Chopper Bug Testers are better than most people. it's a widely believed fact.

So I've heard :)  If I remember names correctly, there are more than a few people here from there. 

Offline Noobie

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Noobie has no influence.
  • Respect: +13
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2011, 09:29:29 AM »
Welcome to the site!

Got to love those kids I have two myself 2 and 2 months my first was born when I was 23 and in college as well (PLANNED and Married). Anyhow see you on the boards.

Offline SolidSnake

• ScriptUO Guild
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • SolidSnake has no influence.
  • Respect: +34
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2011, 06:56:48 AM »
Welcome to the crew brother..nice to see you so active right from the getgo..

Tags: