Author Topic: BOD Question  (Read 1966 times)

Offline holmedogTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • holmedog has no influence.
  • Respect: +5
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
BOD Question
« on: October 25, 2011, 06:10:54 AM »
I'm working on a little private project that may go public - later.  Before I reinvent the wheel, however, I was wondering if any of you have seen something that does this already.

Also, I'm going to use this post as my template, because I really don't feel like firing up Visio.

My current design calls for:
Automatically sort books into "good" deeds and "bad" deeds (based on reward) (probably require 4 books: Good large, Good small, recycles, garbage)
Automatically dump garbage into trash barrel (this would be large deeds not worth filling)
Empty recycles, fill all deeds, put back in recycles (or recycles 2 as they are filled)
Recall to guildmaster
Recycle all recycles until max weight (trash sturdies, gargoyles; keep prospecting tools
Recall to house, empty prospecting tools into mining box (to be used w/ runebook miner later)
Restart process

My intention is to use BodSwap2.3 for the turnin part and the script here that ties to s7's bodfiller for the filling part.  I believe I can write the sorting program myself, but if someone knows of a good one that would be awesome.  Dumping the prospecting tools shouldn't be too much of a bother.  As silly as it sounds, the part to run up to my forge/anvil is the part that bothers me the most about writing. 

I think I'll start the script at the guildmaster with 1 full BOD in backpack.  You would have to babysit one run up to the sorting routine to set everything up.

Please, the reason I'm making this post is I want some feedback before I get started.  I'm at work and won't be back on my home PC until tomorrow evening.  So, that's the earliest I think I'll be working on this (if I do then - I'll have the kids, so it may be Thursday before I start).  The important feedback I'm looking for is as follows:
1) Has something similar to this already been done?  If so, was it done well and is it supported?
2) Does anyone know of a good BOD analyzer/sorter that would know which pieces don't go into the more important large BODs?
3) Does this sound like it would even be useful?  I'm kind of worried it wouldn't be worth using with less than 50 recycles (as you would quickly diminish the number of recycles each time by sorting out the keepers).

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: BOD Question
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 07:06:27 AM »
Holmedog -

There are a number of various efforts in this general area (BOD collectors, BOD sorters, BOD Turnins) although only one comes to mind that includes a similar set of all the features and this is still a Special Projects, non-public release. I'm not sure if this is something that will ever go totally public or not as I'm not the author.

This would be a great public release if you ran with it, maybe a little too powerful ;)

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline holmedogTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • holmedog has no influence.
  • Respect: +5
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 08:23:18 AM »
Holmedog -

There are a number of various efforts in this general area (BOD collectors, BOD sorters, BOD Turnins) although only one comes to mind that includes a similar set of all the features and this is still a Special Projects, non-public release. I'm not sure if this is something that will ever go totally public or not as I'm not the author.

This would be a great public release if you ran with it, maybe a little too powerful ;)

X

Thanks!  I'll take a stab at it this weekend.  It actually doesn't sound like it's going to be too hard (short of the routine to sort if one doesn't exist). 

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 09:05:38 AM »
As silly as it sounds, the part to run up to my forge/anvil is the part that bothers me the most about writing. 

This bit is very easy.. heres some example code.. you can play around with ... as long its a relatively short distance and no obstructions should work fine.

Code: [Select]
finditem %vendorid
if #findcnt > 0
   move #findx #findy #findz 10
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Tags: