Author Topic: Thinking IDOC's are my new UO love!!  (Read 18548 times)

Offline Kalaka

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Kalaka has no influence.
  • Respect: +25
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Thinking IDOC's are my new UO love!!
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2010, 04:26:37 PM »
+1
Hm.. I haven't done A TON, but maybe like 10-15 now that fall late in the afternoon, and I haven't noticed them being any better loot, and I'd expect more from people who are being banned, although you could still be right.

Offline MeWonUoTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • MeWonUo barely matters.MeWonUo barely matters.
  • Respect: +85
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2010, 09:11:10 PM »
+1
From what I read on stratics.  Or at least the way I took it.  A lot of the bannings were for skill training scripting. 

2 Idocs I went to this morning were extremely nice, while a couple others over the past couple days have been a bit lacking. 

So, who knows. :)

Offline Kalaka

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2010, 09:46:18 PM »
+1
Dunno. I wasn't playing in September.

I know a few people who script 24/7, one guy with a ton of accounts.. and neither got any bans.

Look in shoutbox if you haven't.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2010, 10:06:07 PM »
+1
Thanks for pointing me up to the shout box, I hadn't looked for a little while. 

That would be an amazing spot to place, just wish I had any idea when it would actually be falling. 

I think I'll monitor it anyhow, and give TM's house placement script a try.  Never know, might get lucky beyond words. :D  Just not sure about how the newer house placement rules work.  Guess there is only one way to find out for sure.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2010, 10:11:41 PM »
+1
No guarantees for the placer...  That was written waaaay before all the changes for placement.   I haven't really run an account capable of placement since then.  I'd love to see someone step up and come up with something more modern.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Kalaka

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2010, 10:46:27 PM »
+1
The house should fall roughly 530-615 Eastern. 530 probably being the earliest.

Easiest way to work IDOCs now for placing is use a few accounts, and make a razor macro to hit the gump.. It wont target the ground for you.. but u can hit it on each instance and then quick target and cycle that way..

With the housing delay timers each account has, you'll have a better chance getting it that way.

Offline Adenocard

• Activity:
    0%
  • Adenocard has no influence.
  • Respect: +18
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2010, 07:50:55 AM »
+1
Houses fall around the sametime most days ... either server up, 11 am, 3pm, or 6pm most commonly... its 7 hours and 15 minutes from when it idoc...

As for placing a house I have know from posts its anywhere from 20 minutes after it falls to two hours... but most commonly I have found high traffic places are open to place about 50 minutes after it falls...

There are a lot of people that have this all down to a science, I haven't take the time for all that but I do go to a lot of them. :P

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2010, 09:46:50 AM »
+1
No guarantees for the placer...  That was written waaaay before all the changes for placement.   I haven't really run an account capable of placement since then.  I'd love to see someone step up and come up with something more modern.

Morning TM.  I was thinking I may look into your placer when I get back home tonight and see if I could easily put a wait in there between placement tries.  Since it seems that houses become open in intervals of 5 minutes, thought that might be something to at least give a shot.

As for doing a new script for this, could be something someone as novice as myself might be able to give a whirl at.  With a lot of studying as to how your's worked in the first place that is. :)

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2010, 09:52:09 AM »
+1
The house should fall roughly 530-615 Eastern. 530 probably being the earliest.

Easiest way to work IDOCs now for placing is use a few accounts, and make a razor macro to hit the gump.. It wont target the ground for you.. but u can hit it on each instance and then quick target and cycle that way..

With the housing delay timers each account has, you'll have a better chance getting it that way.

Went back over this morning to look and see if it was still there. :)

From what I've heard, as long as it still has vendors in it, it won't fall.  Once they disappear the fun will begin.

Offline Kalaka

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2010, 06:56:55 PM »
+1
It can fall the second they disappear.. It could have fallen last night.

Will keep an eye on it for sure.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2010, 11:58:37 AM »
+1
I may have misunderstood what I read about vendors and idocs.  Thought it said that once the vendors finally disappear that the 7 hour timer begins. 

I'm really not sure about this one.  I've only been doing idocs heavily for about 3 weeks now, and I've not seen one with vendors in it.  Only going off of the info I've read. 

Offline Kalaka

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2010, 01:20:02 PM »
+1
I've done some.. and I haven't been able to pick any rhyme or reason out of it exactly. How long it takes to fall probly depends on the contract length now.

Offline Tarpan

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Tarpan has no influence.
  • Respect: +18
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2011, 08:28:51 AM »
+1
I may have misunderstood what I read about vendors and idocs.  Thought it said that once the vendors finally disappear that the 7 hour timer begins. 

I'm really not sure about this one.  I've only been doing idocs heavily for about 3 weeks now, and I've not seen one with vendors in it.  Only going off of the info I've read. 

I've got one on the line with a vendor on it which has cycled through the decay timer twice now, I'll post once I see it actually fall. I assumed that the vendor's contract would cancel autorenew, then after the contract length was up the vendor would go into the house sign. Contracts usually run a week, though, and I've been keeping an eye on this one for more then a week so far and that vendor is staying put...  :-X

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2011, 08:39:04 AM »
+1
The way I understood it was that if the vendor is owned by the home owner, there is no renewal to the contract.  Which subsequently means that you have to wait for it to run out of money before it will drop to the sign and start the 'final' decay timer.

There is a home on my shard, with one vendor in it, that has been in OSI status for well over 3 years that I'm aware of.  Who knows how long it was that way before I ever noticed it?? 

They should implement something that either drops the vendor immediately once a house goes OSI, or raise the daily vendor fees to some outrageous amount so that the thing will go away within a reasonable amount of time.  Once a house is in that status, there is no way for the home owner to get it back...which I know from personal experience and many hours on the phone with C.S., as well as multiple emails to and from a friend that used to be on the dev team.

Ugh.. That house I lost almost had me quitting the game permanently.  Darn housing bug.. 

Offline Kalaka

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2011, 02:08:39 PM »
+1
Actually if it's the owners it's supposed to fall right on its would be normal schedule, and does from my experience.

It's when it has vendors from someone else that it's anyone's guess.

Tags: