Author Topic: suit adjustment advice requested  (Read 3170 times)

Offline baldielocksTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • baldielocks has no influence.
  • Respect: +11
  • Referrals: 5
    • View Profile
suit adjustment advice requested
« on: July 30, 2010, 07:28:39 AM »
Really not sure where to put this. Uber suit thread? Imbue thread? Sampire V 2.0 thread? Ah well.
I finally got the resources I need to make at least three uber woodland pieces. I am non-faction, elf. I have on hand to put in suit:
Heart of lion, runebeetle carapace, basilisk hide armor
leggings of bane, fey legs
stormgrip
Mace and shield.

Wep skill is macing, with val hammer crafted LBOE. HML 68 / HLL 60 / HSL 46 / Hit magic arrow 48 / HCI 13 / DI 40 (Yah, I really want HLA, but what can you do?)

I am mostly torn between the tunics. If I were factioned (see below), I would most likely go with runebeetle and fey legs.
after reading faction stuff, it would appear to be real easy to get the level 1 items. but I don't pvp, so how would I go about doing that? Any suggestions?

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Re: suit adjustment advice requested
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 07:51:05 AM »
Start with M&S and work down from there. This setup is for normal M&S and not the Factions one. L10 is sometimes difficult to attain/maintain.

I'd go HotL as mentioned in chat. Great resists and DCI which is critical in a Toe-to-Toe char.

Fey Leggings nice, but not necessary. You can skip the leggings, but you'll only be able to get to 45 DCI without them. Lot of people like the extra for when you get HLD'd... if it's a primary PvM char then you can pass on Fey and go with the Insane Tink's, or imbued.

Stormgrip if you need the DI. Most Samps don't have enough DI. Grip has so-so resists, but adds in that 25 DI which is a huge bonus.

So just with M&S (non-faction), HotL (faction), Crimmy (faction) and Grip (faction) you have:

55/29/43/28/43, Int 8, Str 10, HPI 10, HPR 2, Dex 15, HCI 10, DCI 15, DI 25, 30% HLD

That leaves you with 3 armor slots to pick up 15/46/27/47/32.

You have 3 imbued armor and 2 jewelry to pick up the rest of your points.

Armor: LMC, MR, HCI, DI, HPI, SI
Jewelry: LMC, DCI, HCI, DI, LMC, Stats, Skills

Jewelry: I recommend 8 Dex on each. It's one of the few places you can get it. Also, HCI/DCI/DI.

You can mix up the last stat.... LMC, Skill or Resist. I recommend LMC or Skill.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 12:37:41 PM »
interesting side not. I have been buying verite and valorite hammers as I find them. I just burnt 6 val and 1 verite (110 attempts) on leafblade of ease.
Out of 110, SIX had hit lower attack.
Will work up full stats later, but damn, thats not kewl. ALL I wanted really was HLA and HML on same wep. HLL and HLS are good bene's but the first are critical imo.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2010, 12:18:21 PM »
Suit done. Thanks for the input everyone! I can evaluate others suit, but save me if I have to do my own!
This is what I am running currently. Using LBoE (Leaf Blade of Ease), I needed to get to at least 45 HCI on suit for Feint. Plus, with ninja on template for now, need HCI for focus attack.
HotL, LoB, MaSRG. Woodland gloves, arms, tunic, conjurers trinket.
(Heart of the Lion, Leggings of Bane, Mace and Shields Reading Glasses).
Due to resistances from LoB, went with 8 stam, 7 mana, 7 LMC on each woodland piece. Two have HCI, one is 10 DI.
As set up, without jewels, I am at
30 DI
22 LMC
30 HCI
25 DCI
30 HLD
+ 10 str
+10 dex
HPR 4
stam + 32
mana + 21
int + 4 (relic boots)
SSI 5 (ranger cloak)
Resistances (No Jewles!) Are 70/62/68/70/64

Jewels have me waffling. If I put + 30 necro and +30 ninja, I can get to 70 ninjitsu. But that keeps me from 150 dex / str. If I dont go with nija, I can get to 99.9 necro without jewels, freeing up a ton of imbuing room, that will let me get to 38 LMC and most likely 70 fire resist.

Got working jewels on now, not final.
Total is
70/70/68/70/64
HCI 55 (68 with my LBoE )
DCI 45
DI 95
SSI 5%
HPR 4
LMC 22
MR2
HLD 30%
Dex + 25
Dex 150 / stam 181!

Str + 15
str 135, HP 127

Int + 4
int 14, mana 55

70/70/68/70/64

« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 12:33:07 PM by baldielocks »

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2010, 01:37:01 PM »
What's template are you running on this suit?

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2010, 06:28:06 AM »
For now, standard sampire v 2.0, with 30 necro from jewels atm.
120 bushi
120 mace
100 anat
100 tactics
100 parry
74 chiv
69 necro (+30 from jewels)
30 ninja (experiment)

Will be putting the ninja on the necro skill, which will free up two slots on the jewels AND quite a bit of intensity room.

jesterboo

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2010, 08:07:28 AM »
just a quick question i have a sampire template close to that but actually took necro off to make him an actual fighter. what do the jewels you wear have on them. mine on int 4, ep 25, HCI and DCi have 15 and DI is 25. no f/c or fcr.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2010, 10:10:31 AM »
Ring is (i think, not at home to check)
+25 di
+15 necro
+7 dex
+12 DCI

Brace is
+15 Necro
+15 HCI
+ 13 DCI
+ 8 dex

something like that. When i shift necro off, will put either EP or LMC on. not sure yet.

Tags: