Author Topic: Champ spawn info / advice  (Read 8821 times)

Offline baldielocksTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • baldielocks has no influence.
  • Respect: +11
  • Referrals: 5
    • View Profile
Champ spawn info / advice
« on: August 10, 2010, 05:20:01 PM »
Okay, I admit it. Since the initial release of champ spawns I have been an objector. Most of that was due to a dev (Fiery Ice) not willing to entertain constructive criticism. Two years later, we got power scrolls and regulated spawn.
Now, Oh so many years later, I have gotten the champ spawn bug. Of course, noone ever envisioned us SOLO'ing them.
So, I am looking for input on which skil sets work BEST at each spawn. I am fond of Rikktor. Mainly due to no casting. What do yu use there?
I used my Sampy, and worked rather well. I think I need to do some tweaking though, as it seems to take too long. I use a 70% cold reptile slayer LBOE ( 25% ssi, 55% life leech, 55% mana leech, 55% DI). From what I have seen, a whammy with high SS would actually be better for this fight.

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Champ spawn info / advice
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 05:23:43 PM »
Ultima is our resident boss expert.  Maybe send him a PM, or perhaps he will respond here.

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 05:29:32 PM »
Use a Feint weapon and hammer him. Or use a composite bow and AI him.

When you hear the wing sounds, his EQ attack is coming. Get a feint off, or run off screen.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 05:29:55 PM »
Actually an archer is alot faster and safer to kill ricky ricardo with.

Stay mounted and keep on the move and you can take him out in a few mins.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2010, 05:44:34 PM »
I have a problem with the wing sounds. Read that before. I cant use sound on my comp. NOT a hardware issue. Wife and I  have noise as migraine triggers.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2010, 05:46:49 PM »
I have a problem with the wing sounds. Read that before. I cant use sound on my comp. NOT a hardware issue. Wife and I  have noise as migraine triggers.

Right before he EQ he also pauses to stomp and then do the EQ so you dont need the sound you can watch for when he pauses to eq everyone.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2010, 06:00:06 PM »
 ;D Gotcha mass! Will watch for that! Thanks!

Any more tips on speding up toe to toe?

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2010, 04:44:41 PM »
Found a way around putting archery on. Since I am a die hard macer, I went with a hammer pick. BEAUTIFUL jousting wep. THe slow speed is actually a bonus, since I can get 93 mana and life leech. With 5% SSI and 181 mana, speed aint TOO bad. But I get near constant mana leech for Armor ignores. Time to take down riktor went from 40 mins to 20.

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2010, 08:26:03 PM »
Actually an archer is alot faster and safer to kill ricky ricardo with.

Stay mounted and keep on the move and you can take him out in a few mins.

I don't see how it can be faster than standing toe to toe with him. Safer Yes....Faster...no! I'm not saying your wrong I just don't see how it's possible....

What kind of Bow? How long to drop Rikktor?

@Baldielocks are you fighting Rikktor at full strength or are you discording him and then engaging him?

Discorded Rikktor toe to toe will drop usually in under 5 minutes unless you get some bad rolls and miss two in a row. Then it could be monochrome time and add a few minutes to regroup.

Without discordance the chances of him dropping your are much higher and there is going to be alot of backpeddling to heal up and re-engage.

I always use constant Lightning Strike followed by Counter Strike on the Cream of the Crop Bosses (Rikktor makes it on the list).   Evade as often as the timer will allow. I prefer one handed radiants so I can drink alot of potions as well.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2010, 08:27:53 PM by Ultima »

Scrripty

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2010, 08:30:29 PM »
I think what he was saying is that multiple xhealing archers with dragon slayers that auto follow each other, and a disco archer in the group... makes it nice and easy and fast. :)  I wrote something like this for someone so they could chain out Rikki's really fast on their archer duo.  Auto discos and everything.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2010, 08:02:38 AM »
I think what he was saying is that multiple xhealing archers with dragon slayers that auto follow each other, and a disco archer in the group... makes it nice and easy and fast. :)  I wrote something like this for someone so they could chain out Rikki's really fast on their archer duo.  Auto discos and everything.

Yep I dont have this script but have seen it in action and it is smoothhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2010, 11:48:58 AM »
Full strength. I could toe to toe him, but my reflexes are jsut fast enough to run, not button mash. The pick works well. And boy does it surprise peeps who see it in action. I dont do a full length joust, just run a couple tiles out of range. But no death rikki solo is pretty awesome for me.
besides, whoever thunk to see a pick used at a champ spawn? It tickles the perverse side of me. ???

Update: got it down to exactly 3 EOO's in time.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 02:08:23 PM by baldielocks »

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2010, 05:40:57 PM »
Some notes from the spawning (I am addicted). 17 champs pwned solo
1- My drop rate is around 23% for replicas ( Two archmage statues, a slime, a crown)
2- I have gotten 17 relics from unravel from items
3- I have noted that MOST of the time, monster damage is calculated and applied before player damage. THis is a GOOD thing, as your leech will heal you after your hit
4- EVERY time, I have lost all honor at least twice. With 45 HCI and 30% HLD on mace and shields.
5- Chugging pots and using confidence, I was able to get total kill time down to two full EOO's.

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2010, 02:12:05 PM »
Looks like your on a roll Baldielocks! 2 EoO's would be be just under 6 minutes, I'm not sure one can do much better. Not bad at all for a full strength Rikktor.

Spawning can be an absolute blast.  I love testing out different weapons and templates to see what's effective. Good to see you enjoying one of the best aspects of the game.

I've seen a few guys running around with Hammer Picks so your not alone. It's not like you Macers have a bunch of choices....

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2010, 04:23:00 PM »
Can you post a screeny of your weapon, or at least the stats?

Also - Your template.  I'm thinking it's time to start spawning again...Might need to start with DH or something easier...

Tags: