Author Topic: Reforge bug?  (Read 9746 times)

Offline baldielocksTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • baldielocks has no influence.
  • Respect: +11
  • Referrals: 5
    • View Profile
Reforge bug?
« on: April 06, 2012, 02:00:19 PM »
If you craft a 100% elemental damage wep with reforge, you can re-reforge it, as those properties do not count as mods.

Offline Wilk

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Wilk has no influence.
  • Respect: +24
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Reforge bug?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2012, 06:08:51 AM »
It's not a bug. Elemental damage doesn't count as a property, so works as intended.

Offline baldielocksTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • baldielocks has no influence.
  • Respect: +11
  • Referrals: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2012, 05:17:00 PM »
Roger. Found so few people aware of it, thought I should say something somewhere. If someone could move to general area then, i would be much obliged

Offline LlamaOnDrugs

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • LlamaOnDrugs has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 07:53:35 PM »
Quick guide on how to craft 100% elemental damage weapons with relatively high success rates.

You need to get yourself either a Shadow or Copper runic hammer (anything higher will result in you getting far too many junk mods and creating useless weapons).

Select Powerful Reforging, Grand Artifice and Inspired Artifice and select Exquisite/Of Quality as your prefix/suffix.

You'll get more junk mods with copper but a higher chance at getting the 100% elemental damage, you just need to weigh up which route is best for you.

One thing to note (not sure if this is a bug or not) but if you hit a durability x% on the weapon you reforge, eg. Scimitar, Durability +90%, 100% Poison Damage, 40% Damage Increase, and decide that you want to keep it so you PoF the weapon to 255/255 and start imbuing, as soon as you hit that first imbue the imbue intensity will SKYROCKET up into the thousands, as it counts the 255/255 durability as a property.  Just warning people so you dont waste your PoF, and that if you want that 100% poison weapon to train a skill then imbue carefully if at all :).

Sam

Offline 8 Ball

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • 8 Ball has no influence.
  • Respect: +13
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 11:14:35 AM »
Reforging an elemental damage weapon makes the name go all screwy too, I have reforged a bow 3 times to get a 100% Energy bow with the Balanced mod (second reforge didn't add anything so I had to do it again). If you see a shield or armour with a messed up name it means it was created with another bug, where Damage Eater was given no weight and therefore didn't count as a mod, allowing the item to be reforged again. That one wasn't as well known though, and was fixed with the no weight Damage Eater bug.

Offline LordAmitlu

• Activity:
    0%
  • LordAmitlu has no influence.
  • Respect: +4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2012, 09:28:55 PM »
What else would you reforge on it?

for instance I am making leafblades... any tips appreciated. :)

Offline LordAmitlu

• Activity:
    0%
  • LordAmitlu has no influence.
  • Respect: +4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2012, 01:18:46 AM »
Also, Dull Copper Runics + Enhance give 100% elemental weapons too.

;D

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2012, 06:33:04 AM »
Reforging an elemental damage weapon makes the name go all screwy too, I have reforged a bow 3 times to get a 100% Energy bow with the Balanced mod (second reforge didn't add anything so I had to do it again). If you see a shield or armour with a messed up name it means it was created with another bug, where Damage Eater was given no weight and therefore didn't count as a mod, allowing the item to be reforged again. That one wasn't as well known though, and was fixed with the no weight Damage Eater bug.

As an aside, I'm very glad they fixed this.  It ups my relic count dramatically when unraveling.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2013, 11:32:00 AM »
If you craft a 100% elemental damage wep with reforge, you can re-reforge it, as those properties do not count as mods.
Thread-res...

Is this still true? I'm assuming this means that the reforge would have had to have done nothing else at all thus using a shadow or copper, as mentioned above, isn't necessarily the best way to go since you end up not getting just 100% elemental damage?

Is this not the best way to make 100% elemental weapons?

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2013, 04:33:25 PM »
Thread-res...

Is this still true? I'm assuming this means that the reforge would have had to have done nothing else at all thus using a shadow or copper, as mentioned above, isn't necessarily the best way to go since you end up not getting just 100% elemental damage?

Is this not the best way to make 100% elemental weapons?

X

Yes. 100% elemental does not count as a property. So if you reforge a weapon to say 100% fire damage, you still have 500(+) intensity to imbue.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2013, 04:49:40 PM »
Right, got that but the "bug" was that it didn't trigger the "reforged already" flag. From what I can tell this is no longer applicable.

Thanks though OID!

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Tags: