Author Topic: Showing Player Housing on Maps  (Read 5567 times)

Offline GemviperTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Gemviper hides in shadows.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Showing Player Housing on Maps
« on: November 03, 2015, 12:38:27 PM »
Heya,

I have tried the UOSteam, Razor and Stealth mapping systems, as well as the now defunct UOAM, and am having a great deal of trouble getting player housing to show on the maps. If you have player housing appearing on your maps I'd love to know what you're using and how you got it to work.

- UOSteam, works great, tracks statics like trees BUT housing does not appear at all for me(though I see screenshots others have taken that do have houses). I do have track statics set to on.

- Razor, exact same problem as UOSteam

- UOAM, appears dead

- Stealth, houses show up if in the immediate vicinity(yay!). I wish they'd stay on the map permanently but hey. Problem, the more I run around with the stealth map up the slower and slower the program starts to respond until finally it crashes everything. It takes 1000 or more houses appearing to start to have problems but it's an annoying problem.

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
  • Respect: +151
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
Re: Showing Player Housing on Maps
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2015, 12:48:25 PM »
Look into UOCartographer
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2015, 01:27:41 PM »
I did, exact same problem as UOSteam and Razor, the map shows and it does pick up game statics like trees and whatnot but does not display housing at all. I can set markers, and it does notice town marker, but the map does not show player housing.

That's not my pic, and it's for UOAM not Cartographer, but the problem is exactly the same.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 01:46:29 PM by Gemviper »

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
  • Respect: +151
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2015, 02:18:37 PM »
I did, exact same problem as UOSteam and Razor, the map shows and it does pick up game statics like trees and whatnot but does not display housing at all. I can set markers, and it does notice town marker, but the map does not show player housing.

That's not my pic, and it's for UOAM not Cartographer, but the problem is exactly the same.

might be a MUL issue....  I used to have problems with my maps and it was a MUL issue.
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2015, 02:56:44 PM »
The maps show up though...

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2015, 01:48:43 AM »

I still wonder how UOAM could be able to read packets from client to draw player houses. The other houses like vendors in town are statics but the map UOAM basicly shows is only a bitmap of the mul file..

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2015, 03:10:34 AM »
Since it was once a 3th party program that was legal, let me to believe that UO and UOAM was able to communicate  or read some of the information.  Not really sure where the house info will be stores,  I know that I have some location that have 2 houses of difference size on my UOAM. 

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.6%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2015, 02:50:31 PM »
Last I remember, you needed to run UOA (paid for or trial account) in order for housing to appear on UOAM, UO Cart, or UO Automapper.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2015, 01:33:12 AM »
UOAssist paid account is making no difference and, for what it's worth, it works the same with Razor so you can use whichever of the two you prefer... but the problem persists, no houses appearing on map.

I'm not so sure that UOAM got special privileges for being an approved program, if you run Stealth right now and check the map it shows houses in your vicinity. OMG would I love that program long time if those houses STAYED on your map and only re-scanned when you got near but alas, they do not. Only houses nearby appear much like the tiny little itty bitty radar that is UO's official in game version.

Unfortunately the learning curve for stealth is keeping me from digging in too deeply to come up with a solution. And as I said I SEE screenshots of people using steam where housing is on their map(uomap).

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2015, 06:39:41 AM »
OMG would I love that program long time if those houses STAYED on your map and only re-scanned when you got near but alas, they do not. Only houses nearby appear much like the tiny little itty bitty radar that is UO's official in game version.

This actually was a feature of UOAM at one point.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2015, 09:37:09 AM »
 guess what :

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2015, 10:29:31 PM »
So it does work, I'll try it out again soon. I went ahead and took the biggest .jpg versions of game maps I could find on google and did my recall point marking and path to take via photoshop and loaded that onto a second monitor when I search. Not as good as an in game aid but does the trick OK. I actually enjoy running it manually again now that I have clear paths and rune locations worked out.

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • UO Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2015, 02:21:30 AM »
I wouldnt fiddle with any file on web. you export from fiddler and get a bmp file.
then try to use this :
http://www.runuo.com/community/threads/how-to-bmp-to-mul-map-copy-using-dragon-radmap-copy.105425/

Also an overview for modders :

http://www.uoroleplay.com/?page_id=73
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 02:24:27 AM by Crome969 »

Tags: