Author Topic: All my computers running at the moment.  (Read 19485 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
All my computers running at the moment.
« on: June 29, 2008, 05:12:24 PM »
So what's everyone running at their place?  I'm just about to upgrade my main gaming system, but this is what's going right now:

AMD Athlon64x2 4.4, 4GB dual channel, Nvidia 7800GT(x2) SLI, 20"Hitachi SuperScan 811 + 20" Iiyama Vision Master 510 (WinXP-64)
AMD Athlon64x2 5.6 4GB, Nvidia 7800GT, 2TB RAID, dual Scepter 19" LCD gaming monitors (FC8)
AMD Athlon64x2 3.8 4GB, Nvidia something, (FC7 - server, firewall)
AMD Duron 3.2, 2GB, (2TB RAID fileserver, FC7)
Intel Core2 duo 2.8, 2GB, 20"Hitachi SuperScan 811, (Fedora9, Win2000) Business computer (have a Core2 duo 3.0 in parts atm)
Laptops: Dell c300(Win2K)(Bedroom), Dell M1210(Business), Dell 8100(P3-XP)(Living Room), Dell c560(Win2003)(Kitchen)

(yes, I still use 3 20" tube monitors...)
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Freddy

Re: All my computers running at the moment.
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2008, 07:24:35 PM »
Wow, Looks like you have an AMD fetish :D

Here's my system:

Iphone - everywhere - 620 MHz ARM 1176 processor, underclocked to 412 MHz -GPU: PowerVR MBX 3D, 128 MB DRAM, 16gb flash memory

In the closet - A half built PC with 2.2ghz core2 duo, onboard 128mb shared vid, 1gb ram

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2008, 07:32:26 PM »
Sounds like someone should get you a Best Buy gift card, freddy! lol ;)

I'd own an Iphone just about the time when you start seeing snow drifting at the corner of Hell St. and Pigs Fly Ave.  Sorry, used by the Apple machine too many times in the past.  Apple II, canceled.  Mac II, converted to PowerPC.  Newton, huh? Newton?  PowerMac converted to Intel.  Fool me 7 times, shame on me, fool me 8 times, well I suck.

Funny about the AMD stuff; I own a bunch on Intel stock.  Go figure.  lol.  In any event, AMD has now handed their lunch to Intel.  I hope their tuna sandwich was good.  ROFL.  AMD is presently a disaster, although their 2X offerings are still top notch.  Just grin and snicker at their 4X offerings.  :)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 07:37:58 PM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Freddy

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2008, 08:14:58 PM »
You want to know what I got for christmas last year? A blender.

Seriously...who the hell gets someone a blender for christmas? That was the only thing I got too...kind of sad

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2008, 08:42:05 PM »

Seriously...who the hell gets someone a blender for christmas? That was the only thing I got too...kind of sad

Oh man, I shouldn't have laughed at that.  But I think I got snot on my monitor.  Yes, that is harsh.  No man should get a blender for xmas.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2008, 04:19:51 AM »
Well that does depend, what kind of blender was it? Who was it from?

If it was a nice, heavy duty Hamilton Beach or Kitchen Aid and it was from a female friend it could have been for daiquiri's!

Otherwise, just sad really.... ;)

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Freddy

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2008, 09:44:33 AM »
it was a blender that my mom bought at walmart for like $15

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2008, 11:31:44 AM »
Man, that's really, really, really sad.....

;)
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline gateCrasher

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • gateCrasher has no influence.
  • Respect: +7
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2008, 10:00:01 AM »

Funny about the AMD stuff; I own a bunch on Intel stock.  Go figure.  lol.  In any event, AMD has now handed their lunch to Intel.  I hope their tuna sandwich was good.  ROFL.  AMD is presently a disaster, although their 2X offerings are still top notch.  Just grin and snicker at their 4X offerings.  :)

I have the same thoughts. My newest workstation/desktop is Intel based. I have q600 quad core with 4 gigs of RAM, 22" and 19" lcds. Intel, starting with the Core Duo started cleaning house. I'd like AMD to get back in the race, they were doing really good there for a while.

/gc

Offline gateCrasher

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2008, 10:04:29 AM »

Yes, but is it a blendtec blender http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000GIGZXM , or jsut a crappy ole blender?

/gc

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2008, 12:38:42 PM »

Yes, but is it a blendtec blender http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000GIGZXM , or jsut a crappy ole blender?
/gc

Oh man, they did a special on the blendtec blender on Modern Marvels on the History Channel in the "Worlds Strongest" category.  It's simply amazing what they were doing to these poor little machines.  So freddy, if you had happened to get a blendtec, I would be jealous and in awe.  ;)

Oh and freddy, I think we found a great new proper use for your iPhone.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 12:40:18 PM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2008, 12:43:28 PM »
Oh and with all these computers, the only one I have Trillian on died last night.  So if anyone was trying to ICQ me, you are presently being ignored.  ;)  I have to make a Fry's run for a new power supply today.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline gateCrasher

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2008, 04:22:35 PM »
Oh and with all these computers, the only one I have Trillian on died last night.  So if anyone was trying to ICQ me, you are presently being ignored.  ;)  I have to make a Fry's run for a new power supply today.

Trillian died because ICQ did something to make a lot of 3rd party clients incompatible. I've got a better client for you:

http://pidgin.im/

/gC

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2008, 06:40:12 PM »

Trillian died because ICQ did something to make a lot of 3rd party clients incompatible. I've got a better client for you:

http://pidgin.im/

/gC

Well I'm hoping that the ICQ people didn't send hired assassins to vaporize my power supply!  However, I have never hear of this program, so I think I'll give it a whirl.  Yahoo breaks Trillian quite a bit and it does get annoying.  Thanks for the info!
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Pathion

• Activity:
    0%
  • Pathion has no influence.
  • Respect: +6
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2008, 08:12:37 AM »

My main computer.   Stats are not that great but when you get married the other half kinda shuns upgrades.

-AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+, 2211MHz, 640KB   I mae the mistake of buying Vista and I am to lazy to downgrade again  :(   
 Disk Information: Total Disk Space: (1.1TB/2.85TB - 38.8% Free - 8 Drives)

Tags: