Author Topic: 15 years of UO and still a noob irl and ingame!  (Read 1928 times)

Offline navarthelolllllllllllllllTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • navarthelolllllllllllllll has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
15 years of UO and still a noob irl and ingame!
« on: August 12, 2017, 04:58:13 AM »
Hello!

I started playing this game when I was 13, my sister showed it to me and explained that I can have "dragons and nightmares" and other cool stuff so I made a character on her account (we argued a lot about who gets to play). I got more into the PvP side where some basic scripts went a long way (auto bandage at 221 dex) etc.

I've come back after a long break now and i'm playing Demise :) I am a junior programmer irl at an investment bank doing mainly C# some C++ and lots of stored procedures in SQL playing with large batches of data. Now that I've come back I would like to get more into scripting side of the game using some of my understanding that i didn't have 15 years ago. I've been reading posts and I like the looks of the community here and it seems that people really know their stuff and are willing to help. I would like to be able to ask for help and perhaps introduce some of the common utilities that people have written into my own scripts for e.g. the List<T> method that someone wrote :)

I also enjoy sharing my own code and knowing that something I have written is being used by someone else. Once I gain more of an understanding I would like to contribute more. One example of a small script I have written so far that I think could be useful to other people is that during world saves on these popular free shards; the login server halts further logins until the world save is complete; if you are regularly logging in/out from a script (bod gathering), this will cause the script to die on login screen until restarted. Therefore I have written some very small utility to scan the journal for world save messages; set a persistent variable to true whilst the world save is on going and then set it back to false when the save is complete so other scripts running on the machine will not halt.

Hopefully see you guys!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 05:03:28 AM by navarthelolllllllllllllll »

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: 15 years of UO and still a noob irl and ingame!
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 06:31:13 AM »
Welcome to SUO!

Offline redrum

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • redrum has no influence.
  • Respect: +7
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • Myxproxy
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2017, 07:18:49 AM »
Welcome nooooob:D :D :D

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2017, 07:34:52 AM »
Welcome to the site.  My sister just kicked me in the junk.  She did nothing cool like introduce me to the best online game to exist.  Lucky.. :)
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2017, 08:03:11 AM »
Nice Introduction!
Welcome!

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2017, 08:15:06 AM »
Welcome to SUO.  My step son actually introduced me to the game.  I wanted to see what was so fascinating playing a game for hours at a time...

Nice to have more new faces here...let's liven up the place...!
ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2017, 12:54:52 PM »
Welcome to the site.  My sister just kicked me in the junk.  She did nothing cool like introduce me to the best online game to exist.  Lucky.. :)

LOL TM....   and welcome to scriptuo  navarthelolllllllllllllll
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Tags: