Author Topic: Zeus' Introduction  (Read 2489 times)

Offline guchaTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • gucha has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Zeus' Introduction
« on: June 29, 2014, 08:04:57 AM »
Hello guys!

My nickname throughout the shards I've played is Zeus. Don't think anyone will remember me, but would be very nice to find someone from the past!

Let's start with my story: About 10-11 years ago a friend of mine from school showed me Ultima Online. Unlike most kids, I would assume, I was instantly hooked. Since the beginning of my gaming days, I always looked for games with a nice story and gameplay, not giving much attention to the graphics. The first game I remember playing for real was RTCW (Return to Castle Wolfenstein), then Wolfenstein:Enemy Territory and then, more recently, Urban Terror. All of them were way behind the others of their time when it came to the graphics but, in my opinion, way ahead in gameplay.

Ok, with that said, let's go to what's really on topic: I am 20 years old now (About to turn 21), I am from Brazil. About 11 years ago, I start playing on a Brazilian server, which I can't really remember the name hahahahhaa... I played there for about 2 years, I guess, until the shard went down. I never thought I would find a new home... Which I did. I found a shard called Krozier's Castle. That's pretty much where I learned English (Sorry if it was not well learned hahahahah). So there I played for about 6 months, and then I got a GM position, which was so great. I loved making events and even started scripting a bit (Which I remember nothing by now). It was great, until, unexpectedly in 2006, if I am not mistaken, it went down and never came back.

Now, I am playing on UO Freedom. It's been a month or two since I came back to UO and I am really loving this new shard. Now we got a new owner (Vorspire), who seems incredibly competent, so I have great hopes for the shard in the near future, since he seems to be fixing everything the old owner ignored.

Well, all I can hope is that this new shard gets its player base back to what it was about a year ago.

Thanks for taking the time reading my little story, hope I can find someone from back in the days, or at least meet new people that are as good as them!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Zeus' Introduction
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 08:51:45 AM »
Welcome to SUO! What is your favorite template to play?

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2014, 09:01:20 AM »
If I remember correctly, in the first Brazilian shard I mentioned, which was an OSI-like shard, I used to play a Necromance/Archer (Even for a time I had a Necromancer/Mage). After this shard went down, I only played in shards that you started with all skills set at 100 (Krozier's Castle/UoFreedom), so I guess the templates were less useful here.

Offline SunTigress

• TopTwo's Woman
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • SunTigress has no influence.
  • Respect: +43
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2014, 09:06:12 AM »
Thank you for the intro, Zeus. One of the Mods will be by to un-restrict you soon. I will poke a certain one for you   :-\
If at first you don't succeed, try try again. Then give up. There is no use in making a fool of yourself.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2014, 09:09:18 AM »
Which one?? I am curious now :D

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2014, 10:03:20 AM »
If I remember correctly, in the first Brazilian shard I mentioned, which was an OSI-like shard, I used to play a Necromance/Archer (Even for a time I had a Necromancer/Mage). After this shard went down, I only played in shards that you started with all skills set at 100 (Krozier's Castle/UoFreedom), so I guess the templates were less useful here.

I love hearing about different templates, even if they are on a freeshard. I would imagine that many could be modified to OSI as long as it didn't have custom skills. What are you playing now? I have modified my sampire into a straight paladin and checking out the differences. I am also experimenting with different tamer templates.  ;D

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2014, 10:39:50 AM »
Welcome!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2014, 12:49:26 PM »
Nowadays I can't really classify what my template is. I can say it's been a while since I tamed a thing, but other than that, I use skills that would come from a variety of templates, depending on what I am fighting. Though most of the times I only use Wither/Earthquake/Whirlwind to clear champ spawns, and to kill bosses I will only tank them with a Pet and heal, while going for a Double Strike, after honoring and using Enemy of One. I don't PvP at all, so I guess I am pretty much limited template-wise! Of course I use some more Bushido and Chivalry spells.

I guess the template I am most near is a Sampire, depending on the occasion, a Paladin would fit as well.

Offline Pearls

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Pearls barely matters.Pearls barely matters.
  • Respect: +65
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2014, 07:52:04 AM »
Welcome aboard oh mighty Zeus ;)
XII : "My happiness as a married man is directly related to the amount of sex I have which, in turn, requires that I pretend I like these movies every now and then and that it really doesn't bother me when she tells me about her problems but doesn't want me to give her a solution ;) "

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2014, 02:56:28 PM »
Thanks Guys!!!!

Tags: