Author Topic: OT at all: Mail and Calender on the go  (Read 1967 times)

Offline rana70Topic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • rana70 has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • MyScripts
OT at all: Mail and Calender on the go
« on: June 12, 2011, 06:33:37 AM »
Hi,

I would like to ask for help with a non UO related topic, maybe one of you can help out.

That is my problem:
I need my Calenders and eMails synced within my family on different locations.
There should be a shared calender between the familymembers (Read and Write able).

That's what I have on different locations:
3 WinOS Computers with Outlook 2010
3 iOS Devices

Anyone has an idea how I can get this to work ?
I have a webspace with webDav, ftp and http access
and there I can run php and cgi stuff.

I hope anyone has an idea, how I can get this solved.
I am really not a fan of gmail at all and I like to avoid this stuff.
There are a lot of google Searchresults about such a topic
but to be honest so far I havn't got a working solution for me.

thx and cu

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
Re: OT at all: Mail and Calender on the go
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2011, 07:31:48 AM »
As much as you may hate gmail, their calendar is pretty awesome. Calendars can be shared among people, or you could all just access the same account. If using separate accounts, you can set up who can read/write etc. It also syncs with just about any device including iOS devices.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline rana70Topic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • rana70 has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • MyScripts
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2011, 12:33:00 PM »
As much as you may hate gmail, their calendar is pretty awesome. Calendars can be shared among people, or you could all just access the same account. If using separate accounts, you can set up who can read/write etc. It also syncs with just about any device including iOS devices.

Thanks for the idea, but the "NoGo" of the Google Sync for Outlook is the fact that you only can
Sync One of the Calenders, only the Main Cal can be Synced...... and so far I was unable to find
a working "caldav plugin" for OL2010

cu

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2011, 06:25:02 PM »
Is there a reason you must use Outlook on the PC's? If not, you can just use the web interface of Google Calendar perfectly fine which handles tons of calendars perfectly. I know that many people may not like Google for one reason or another but they truly do make the best and most seamlessly integrated suite of tools. Universal browser access makes it that much easier plus its ability to synch with any handheld device/phone
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Tags: