Author Topic: I still love UO and I came back again  (Read 853 times)

Offline SSDXTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • SSDX has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
I still love UO and I came back again
« on: June 01, 2020, 06:16:25 AM »
Hey, I'm SSDX. SSD as in solid state drive... I still love how fast this SSD thing boot my Windows compared to those old, slow and noisy HDDs. So I often put "SSD" in my forum/account/character names.

Anyways, I started playin UO like... 20 years ago ? The package I bought was Renaissance Edition. It was still a big paper box package... with the CD and the thick paper playing manual(loved it). I got addicted quickly, yes literally addicted for the next 5-6 years to the level I may destroy my real life. I got even more addicted after AOS.  Unlike many, I love the change with AOS that turned UO into "Item based" game like Diablo. I still remember how excited I was when I first saw the very original Doom Artifacts. Axe of Heavens, Titan Hammer, The Inquis...Hit Chance Increase, Damage Increase... those maxed out properties on them !! Most are useless now but I still remember how shiny they looked to me... And there were people, MANY people, shards were crowded and packed.

PvP was what I was interested most back then, but unfortunately my machine was too slow and with the 14.4k modem connection I just coudnt compete in PvP. It was very frustrating... I often went to Test Center and play stealth archer because that's the only way I could enjoy PvP. But it was fun. I still miss those random PvP fights that's going on 24/7 on TC back in the day.

My account age is still only 10 years or so because It was so addictive and I limited myself to only subscribe with the 30 day code at a time. It expires in 30 days so I could force my self to quit UO and get myself back to real life, play 2-3 months then real life for 3-4 months then came back again... repeated this cycle for like... 10-15 years ? Now I really regret not keeping my subscription every month... I could've had my own shard shields by now !!

While I was always interested, scripting was always a bit too difficult for me to understand when I was younger. I wanted to use it, but it was just too hard for me.

Now I come back again. Too old to click over and over just to gain skills. I need some scripts badly to skip all the tedious boring work. Maybe I'll finally try to write my own scripts too !

Thank you for reading !

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: I still love UO and I came back again
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2020, 06:47:15 AM »
Welcome to SUO! Thanks for your introduction - restricted status lifted - feel free to enjoy all the benefits of the site!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: I still love UO and I came back again
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2020, 08:22:10 AM »
 WELCOME!

Tags: