Author Topic: So, I have this new script to organize/combine PS - any interest?  (Read 2339 times)

Offline GaderianTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Gaderian barely matters.Gaderian barely matters.
  • Respect: +50
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
I have a script I worked on this past year that can organize and combine Power scrolls. It requires some locked down books to hold the PS and a secure with scroll binders already made.

It has a known issue that is modestly complex to fix - mostly because of how I got there in the design. If I had known it was an issue at the start, I could have done it differently, but I did not know that books get closed when you add a scroll. Basically, I need to add a routine that will open up the book again after adding scrolls to any book... not a big deal, but I would have done it differently if I had known that up front.

I am posting here to see if anyone has an interest in such a script. If there is interest, I will look at fixing the bug and getting it released.

The bug remaining only shows up once in a while... it is dependent on how many scrolls are getting processed. If a single scroll is being processed, then it will combine the first one, then proceed to the next skill - which looks very successful.
However, if there are 2 to combine, then it combines the first one and struggles to complete the second one. It sometimes adds the lower level (not yet combined) scrolls into the next PS book.

There is a second "bug" (notice in parentheses) that when the setup directions are not followed, it will not organize the scrolls correctly. The design setup was for 2 books to hold PS for each level (105, 110, 115, 120). The only level where 2 books are strictly required is for 110. My design to use the books was to keep the lock down requirement in a house to a minimum (8 lock downs, vs. upwards of 1000 lock downs of loose PS in secure containers).

So, is there any interest in such a tool? or is it just a pretty menu system on my PC EUO folder?

Gaderian
"Go ahead ask me: 'Should I use hard waits or timers?'"
You say:"Should I"
Gaderian:"Timers!"
You Say:"use hard waits or timers?"

The serious side of timer use is illustrated here: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=12094.msg101926#msg101926

However, every time I go back and look at this [AutoLooter] script, I realize I had wrote it in my zen state of EUO scripting - so it makes my brain hurt.

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: So, I have this new script to organize/combine PS - any interest?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2020, 04:17:46 PM »
It sounds good to me, I would be interested.

Offline GaderianTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Gaderian barely matters.Gaderian barely matters.
  • Respect: +50
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: So, I have this new script to organize/combine PS - any interest?
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2020, 04:57:53 PM »
+1
Since Crisis is at least interested... that is good enough for me. I will upload it as it stands... knowing it has a couple issues.

Gaderian
"Go ahead ask me: 'Should I use hard waits or timers?'"
You say:"Should I"
Gaderian:"Timers!"
You Say:"use hard waits or timers?"

The serious side of timer use is illustrated here: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=12094.msg101926#msg101926

However, every time I go back and look at this [AutoLooter] script, I realize I had wrote it in my zen state of EUO scripting - so it makes my brain hurt.

Tags: