Author Topic: Stealth Client Freeze With Second Monitor Issue  (Read 5070 times)

Offline VlekTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Vlek has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • Bloodclan Orcs
Stealth Client Freeze With Second Monitor Issue
« on: July 26, 2014, 11:15:28 AM »
Hello, I've been enjoying using stealth so far. One thing I recently found was that, if you have the stealth client window on a second monitor and try to "Configure Profiles". The main window freezes all of the buttons and the pop up window doesn't show. I have to shut down the program manually and restart it to get it to work again.

Offline Orich

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Orich has no influence.
  • Respect: +12
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Stealth Client Freeze With Second Monitor Issue
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 09:50:43 PM »
Hello, I've been enjoying using stealth so far. One thing I recently found was that, if you have the stealth client window on a second monitor and try to "Configure Profiles". The main window freezes all of the buttons and the pop up window doesn't show. I have to shut down the program manually and restart it to get it to work again.

I reported this back in November of last year, when I was still developing for Stealth.

I think a workaround is to start Stealth on the monitor that you want it on.  Something stupid like that.
Member of the Stealth development team.
Author of Stealth .NET DLL

• Activity:
    0%
  • Vlek has no influence.
    • View Profile
    • Bloodclan Orcs
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 07:57:54 PM »
Well, yes, of course that's a work around, but isn't it our duty to submit what we find? I'm going to admit I've been a little behind on my bug submitting, so I'm going to submit what I have so far (I think three bugs at least and a few feature requests).

They are:

Bugs:
Stealth not closing, have to close from the task manager.
Stealth freezing on second monitor when trying to bring up system settings
Issues with steal.cfg being asked for when it isn't being used by any of the active clients.

Features:
Connect using either razor or vanilla UO depending on settings
Stealth automatically loading last used character connection configuration as setting

Offline Crome969

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2014, 12:41:12 AM »
Bugs:
Stealth not closing, have to close from the task manager.
Stealth freezing on second monitor when trying to bring up system settings
Can you give us more Informations about OS and your System? I use Stealth 5.2.0 from latest Build on AMD Phenom 955 Black Edition, 16 GB Ram, Windows 8 64Bit and 2x 30 Inch Monitors. I cant reproduce your issues.

Issues with steal.cfg being asked for when it isn't being used by any of the active clients.
So you override your uo.cfg instead? You doublechecked the Mark "Use Steal.cf instead of uo.cfg" is nowhere marked?

Features:
Connect using either razor or vanilla UO depending on settings
Stealth works with Razor but not UOSteam. We never intended adding support for Third Party tools, but since UOSteam is no longer supported by their devs it also means we dont need to care much. Once EA updates Packet structures you can dumb the tool.

Stealth automatically loading last used character connection configuration as setting
Doesnt this works already since ages? Maybe you describe this feature request a bit more :-)

• Activity:
    0%
  • Vlek has no influence.
    • View Profile
    • Bloodclan Orcs
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2014, 04:19:46 PM »
Quote from: Crome969
Can you give us more Informations about OS and your System? I use Stealth 5.2.0 from latest Build on AMD Phenom 955 Black Edition, 16 GB Ram, Windows 8 64Bit and 2x 30 Inch Monitors. I cant reproduce your issues.
Stealth v6.5.2, Windows 7 64bit, Intel i7-4770k, 8 gp ram, and 2 monitors 1920x1200 / 1280x1024

So you override your uo.cfg instead? You doublechecked the Mark "Use Steal.cf instead of uo.cfg" is nowhere marked?
Yes, I double checked that I wasn't using steal.cfg. That's the weird part.

Stealth works with Razor but not UOSteam. We never intended adding support for Third Party tools, but since UOSteam is no longer supported by their devs it also means we dont need to care much. Once EA updates Packet structures you can dumb the tool.
I think you completely misunderstood what I was saying. I want the CONNECT button that's on the stealth program to use RAZOR when starting up a graphical client.

Doesnt this works already since ages? Maybe you describe this feature request a bit more :-)
No, no it doesn't. Again, this may be a translation error. I am talking about the stealth profile configurations and how it has the ability to save different configurations of profiles. It may be that, because I can never get stealth to close properly, it doesn't save my profile configuration as the last used one to autoload it for next time. I just know that what I am getting now is that it makes me load profile configurations manually on startup.

Offline Crome969

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2014, 12:35:22 AM »

Tags: