Author Topic: Script Request - Runebook Copier - $10 donation  (Read 2268 times)

Offline devin123Topic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • devin123 has no influence.
  • Respect: +6
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Script Request - Runebook Copier - $10 donation
« on: July 17, 2013, 11:58:58 AM »
Not sure where to put this. I am looking for a scirpt to copy runebooks, i want to be able to edit the script when i want to rename the runes. I dont think my server can have the feature for scripts to read the runebook im copying so ill need to be able to edit the script when i want to copy different books.  I want the script to be able to recall to my house to drop off finished runebooks, and pick up new empty runebooks when the copies are finished. i want the script to be able to recall to a mage shop and purchase blank runes.  and i want to be able to copy 5 books at a time.

i will donate $10 via pay pall to whoever wants to help me out.  thank you

so this script works great exept i need to manually type in the rune names every time i want to start copying books.  the problem is the script can't read the runes in the book to copy so the menu pops up asking what to name them.  so it works quit well.  but like i said, im looking for something to just hit play, set the book to copy, the blank books, and thats it.  I want to be able to type in the script what to name the runes.
<snip>

this is something more what im looking for, but this script just loops on renaming the rune. it will rename it, then rename it again. and it doesn't stop renaming the first rune it marks. everything else seems to work fine though
<snip>

[modbreak]
Please include links to the scripts in question instead of posting the code.  Thanks.  TM
[/modbreak]
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 01:22:09 PM by TrailMyx »

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
  • Respect: +151
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
Re: Script Request - Runebook Copier - $10 donation
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 12:25:31 PM »
Send me some pseudocode or a flowechart and i will see what i can do for you. I want the steps that you are looking for it to specificly. Any loops that you are wanting to handle also.  It is a good idea, will be a good contribution, however it is more specifically geared towards yourself.  Not looking for the donation. Just want a bit of work from you on your side to fully map out how you want it done.
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 12:39:51 PM »

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 01:46:15 PM »
I have a script that does all of that and then some +++  Had it for going on 10 years now i guess was one of the first scripts i ever wrote and have revised it and revised it numerous times, carnt count the number of hours invested in writting it......    but would take more than $10 for me to get me motivated to even open it up....  and sharing is out of the question.

Lol it always amuses me and frustrates me how people always underestimate the time it takes to write a really stable script.. and as we all know time = money.

$10 = tops 10min of time = open client + euox type a hello world program lol.    Now if someone was writing their own and needed help sure id help .. but if were talking paying well I not working for Ethiopian farmer wages, and i dont know any scriptwriters who are.   I guess my point is your better off not mentioning $$ at all unless you mention real $$.

Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Tags: