Author Topic: Ingredient Dupe  (Read 13949 times)

Offline NewsmanTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • Newsman has no influence.
  • Respect: +38
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Ingredient Dupe
« on: September 30, 2013, 04:17:41 PM »
I've been hearing a lot about an ingredient dupe involving commodity deed boxes.   I don't have the time to look for every bug in the game like I used to.  So I'm putting this information out to the public.

Is there any truth to these rumors?

Does anyone know?

Pursuant to our standing policy, major bugs will yield access to the exclusive private bug section.  If you're looking to exploit and benefit from the knowledge of additional exploits, this is your way to cash in that bug in another fashion.

Offline dxrom

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +100
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Ingredient Dupe
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 05:02:24 PM »
If server lines are involved... best place to try is out at sea on a new boat. The cargo holds act as commodity deed boxes.

Personally I don't touch anything duping related at all anymore. Too easy to get caught with new tracking system.

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)
I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 08:45:00 AM »
I was never able to find anything out on this but there are so many 100 & 1000 count deeds at cheeper prices that I have to believe it was or is legit.

Never heard of a new tracking system.  Humm...

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2013, 03:25:40 AM »
I was never able to find anything out on this but there are so many 100 & 1000 count deeds at cheeper prices that I have to believe it was or is legit.

Basicly its easy : Dupe = 2x same serial. You only need to look for those in your database and flag owners of double entrys.

Offline dxrom

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2013, 04:19:55 AM »

Basicly its easy : Dupe = 2x same serial. You only need to look for those in your database and flag owners of double entrys.

^ This.

And when you have multiple flags from one person... It's simpler! If suddenly in one night one person becomes owner of many duplicated serials, GMs will watch and see what that person does. That's when they catch them. Basically imho only reason GMs are around in UO anymore are to check flagged accounts/characters and take action when needed... Responding to tickets is just something to do on the side nowadays.

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2013, 06:31:38 AM »
Anyone with any brains would claim the deed and re-deed thus changing the item ID.
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline dxrom

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2013, 08:09:06 AM »
Anyone with any brains would claim the deed and re-deed thus changing the item ID.

You're still flagged. The moment the duplicate items are created they get flagged.

I used to do the same thing with gold checks. Dupe 124 Gold checks with beetle dupe, Recycle them with vendor house and bank on same node. Safety then was that if the duplicated items crossed a server line that they would be deleted, which is why character xfers were changed so that when you initiate one you are changed to a different server like jumping a server line (aka what ea calls the "warehouse") so that any duped items are automatically deleted. However ea implemented a non-intrusive flagging system for duped items. The moment that two duplicate IDs are created on server they get flagged, normally it would be easiest to have them deleted right there (which they can implement) but I think that instead of doing that they recognized if they just had their GMs tend to the flagged people and watch, they would be able to not only remove the items and ban the players but also witness first hand how the dupe is performed and assess a method to fix it.

Think back like a year ago or something, there were a couple server roll backs and atl was mysteriously brought down for "extended maintenance" after "a bug was found post patch". My theory is that was when they implemented that flagging system, and they were suddenly introduced the reality of just how severe the problem was, resulting in a panic on their part to roll back and extend server maintenance as a means to dealing with the issue.

Most of this info though is just conjecture and theory on mine and friend's/associate's parts from watching the spike in duping bans. In the 33 people that I know who have been banned for duping in the last 8 months, 11 of them have been doing it (With different methods over the years) since Pre-AoS, four of them together. All except a few greedy guinea pigs, were experienced, recycled items that were able to be recycled and most used proxies.

Like I said, I wouldn't touch anything dupe related at all. Anyone with any brains would stay away from it :>

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)

Tags: