Author Topic: Cook says Hi  (Read 4834 times)

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
  • Respect: +151
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
Re: Cook says Hi
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2014, 07:51:32 AM »
Thanks Cheffe, really appreciate what you have done for all of us.  Neo is definitely the man when it comes to UOP MUL conversion. 

No, revoke his restriction lift. I want to know more, I find this intro to be poor and lacking!

See, there's the advantage of being me. I can get away with all sorts of things. :)

No seriously, I haven't played UO in 10 years. Always a pain registering a new OSI account that runs out after 14 days just to test stuff. Although I appreciate all the free scripts this site has to offer, it's not as if I could make any use of them myself. I'm also unlikely to ask many questions although I could probably come up with some stupid ones. ;)

I played UO probably from 1998 to around 2002ish or so on shard "Drachenfels". The first version of EasyUO I wrote to automate my miner. At some point, playtime pretty much dwindled down to nothing and was replaced by development. This is sometimes quite a hindrance as I'm pretty much disconnected from the daily difficulties in the game. I know UO has some "new" stuff such as flying gargoyles (I often hear about #charstatus C...) and a targeting system and buffs/debuffs etc. If I were actively playing and scripting, support for those things might have been added to EUO ages ago.

The good news is that, for the time being, it apprears I'm getting stuff done again. I've heard it said some people would give body parts to see UOP support added to EasyUO. So I'm here to collect those parts. ;) Just kidding... I'm currently working on the GUI but I'd like to look into the UOP stuff at some point in the near future... and thought a lurker account here might come in handy at any rate.

So there you go... and no, I won't send you any pictures of me naked, just in case you were going to ask. :P
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2014, 11:16:31 AM »
The good news is that, for the time being, it apprears I'm getting stuff done again. I've heard it said some people would give body parts to see UOP support added to EasyUO. So I'm here to collect those parts. ;)

heh, that was me.  Unfortunately I only have one kidney left, I do need the one I've got.  But I do know there are some really talented people out there willing to help out.  Didn't Ximan sort through most of the issues with that using the Russian code?  I kinda lost track of his work with that code.  I did an original pass just by stripping off the apparent header, but it turned out there was more to do with that header.   I believe Neo actually became more xen with the UOP format and managed to untangle it mostly.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2014, 11:35:49 AM »
Wow, welcome to the site and thank you for the years and years of fun that you have added to my UO experience!

Offline dxrom

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +100
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2014, 02:00:15 PM »
Well then, welcome to our little community :>

o7

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)
I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2014, 10:09:24 PM »
I must say I LOL'd a little when I realized that Cheffe had taken the name "Cook" here! I remember raising blacksmithy to 120 by hand and literally 1 day later, an old UO friend told me "Why didn't you just use EUO?" And EUO kept me playing for 10 years longer than I should have played! Hehe. I finally retired from UO almost a year ago, but thought I'd poke my head in and say Thanks for all that you did for the UO community. Maybe one day EA (or I guess Broadsword?) will send you a check for all the subscriptions you helped keep in the game!

*must resist urge to reopen UO account*
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Tags: