Author Topic: The Taming Appraiser Redux  (Read 27744 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: The Taming Appraiser Redux
« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2015, 10:33:06 PM »
Evaluation works pretty well now.  I even put up the Star rating over the head of the subject creature.

I think it would be cool to remember the rated creatures and refresh the ratings over their heads as you come into range.

Much easier to do this while stealthing for dragons.  lol

See pics below....

There are 2 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
suo_creature_eval_stars2_v8.png
suo_creature_eval_stars_v8.png
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 10:03:25 AM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2015, 04:18:54 AM »
I need to find crisis in game and test on the same pet, so we can have a good base.  connection/machine.   

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #47 on: June 06, 2015, 10:11:32 AM »
I need to find crisis in game and test on the same pet, so we can have a good base.  connection/machine.  

I'll stick version 8 up in the group F section for you guys.  I guess for now it'll be helpful to test under little stress, so when you take the ratings, try and be invisible of peace so that you don't have to run around and possibily mess up the OCR.  

We can work on bullet-proofing that part later.

Actually Cheffe was talking about being able to extract the contents of gumps instead of relying on OCR, so that would be sweet for scripts like this.  OCR sucks!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 11:22:40 AM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 06, 2015, 11:47:46 AM »
Not that I want to be picky.  How hard will it be for GD to have they magery listed and for Rune Bettle to have Pioson.       Correct me if I wrong. but sometime having high skill do more damage.     

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2015, 01:06:20 PM »
Not that I want to be picky.  How hard will it be for GD to have they magery listed and for Rune Bettle to have Pioson.       Correct me if I wrong. but sometime having high skill do more damage.     

So I'm adding a skill summary visualization as well, just haven't gotten to that yet.  I had to develop the drawing routines.  So soon you will be able to see magery and poisoning. It's already read, I just haven't visualized it yet.

But are you requesting that you might want to change the weighting based upon whether you are evaluating a GD or Rune Beetle?  So this would impact your final rating skill.  That was the original premise of this script would be to allow for programmable weighting so you can customize the score based upon what you'd like to see from a specific creature type.
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #50 on: June 06, 2015, 04:33:52 PM »
I added the skills visualization.  I need to play with placement, etc.

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
rune_beetle1.png
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 06, 2015, 08:00:38 PM »
Nice work.   Now I can see that I have shitty pet on some shard :)    On the visualization  all the number have a grey background.   

You don't need to add this to the rating. because I'm not sure how to weight this.  I had seen some onwer that was looking for high skill. 

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2015, 08:04:10 PM »
Nice work.   Now I can see that I have shitty pet on some shard :)    On the visualization  all the number have a grey background.  

You don't need to add this to the rating. because I'm not sure how to weight this.  I had seen some onwer that was looking for high skill.  

I'll fix that grey background.  I was just trying to get the function up and running.  I got a Cu that jumped out almost all red earlier except for key resists.  Bummer.

But I'll think more about the programmable weighting; I'm about to have an epiphany I think.  ;)

BTW, I put verson 9 up for testing.  Now you can see how bad your skill actually are!  heh, 

This is coming together nicely.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 10:42:42 AM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2015, 08:06:30 AM »
I'm finding using this for farming the perfect CU is really nice.  With the targeting on the left hand (ALT-F1 and ALT-F2) and mouse movement, it makes evaluation almost effortless.  Every once in a while, the gump looses focus, and you have to manually click the eval gump to make it top-most again, but the script pauses while it's out of focus and will continue the evaluation.  I still need to work on more safeguards when you are trying to evaluate under stress of being eaten by something.  The classic client and EUO just don't do well with gumps.  I really hope Cheffe fixes that in the new EUO.

Anyhow, this is a pretty useful tool.
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #54 on: June 09, 2015, 10:31:35 PM »
So does the max dex raise to 125 for all tamables?  Shows how long I've been out of the mix.  Seems like since I've been training my first CU, I believe the dex has gone up from post taming.  I can't remember now.

I got myself a ice-white CU last week that's bonded and was only a 2.11 star critter.  However, since I've been training him, he's up to a 2.38 now.  When you have 10% weighing in skills/stats (int/dex) then you can affect the final trained score somewhat.  So whatever wild rating shows, you can always train it up to a little more.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 10:33:26 PM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 10, 2015, 04:35:28 AM »
Yes, dex will always train up to 125, can't remember any tamables off hand that don't. I love the visual bars, nice addition!

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 10, 2015, 05:07:25 AM »
Crisis  we need to hock up on Chessy so we can test the Dragon & GD for TM.   Getting my a$$ chew.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #57 on: June 10, 2015, 08:27:27 AM »
Yes, dex will always train up to 125, can't remember any tamables off hand that don't. I love the visual bars, nice addition!

Ok cool.  I'll modify the tamed maxes for dex then.  The same doesn't happen for INT does it?  

You guys will like the next update.  I'll keep a history of readings from a session, and let you add pets to your stable so you can compare your own creatures with ones you find in the wild.

Plus I'm working on keeping those ratings floating over the heads of the critters you've evaluated so you know what's been evaluated and what hasn't.  Good for the sea of critters in Destard or TW.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 08:29:33 AM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #58 on: June 10, 2015, 08:30:28 AM »
Crisis  we need to hock up on Chessy so we can test the Dragon & GD for TM.   Getting my a$$ chew.

Yes, please don't get too gnawed on.  :)
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #59 on: June 13, 2015, 11:43:18 PM »
Some steady progress.  Now you can see a list of creatures that you've evaluated.  Checking the "Show Floating Rating" checkbox will float the rating over the head of the critter and refreshes periodically.  I also re-wrote some of it to make it more modular.

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
suo_creature_eval_v11_2.png
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: