Author Topic: The Taming Appraiser Redux  (Read 27568 times)

Offline Ultimafreak77

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Ultimafreak77 has no influence.
  • Respect: +14
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: The Taming Appraiser Redux
« Reply #60 on: June 14, 2015, 04:36:48 AM »
I am a Gargoyle tamer. I evaluate/tame Greater Dragons on Atlantic every day. I would be happy to assist with the anything you needed help with.

V/R
Dragonborn
The few. The proud. The AFK.

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #61 on: June 14, 2015, 10:38:23 AM »
I am a Gargoyle tamer. I evaluate/tame Greater Dragons on Atlantic every day. I would be happy to assist with the anything you needed help with.

V/R
Dragonborn

I added you to the group.  As noted in the PM, you can't really wiggle about and survive while the evaluator does it's thing.  So you need to be able to stealth, invisible, peacemake, or whatever you need to do for the evaluator to have about 6 seconds.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.6%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 14, 2015, 11:15:12 AM »
It is working pretty good. Bake Kitsune showed 3.5 pre-tame and 3.32 post-tame and running the stats on uocraft came up with 3.4!

There are 2 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
Bake Kitsune.png
bake kitsune2.png

Offline Ultimafreak77

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 14, 2015, 01:28:51 PM »

V/R
Dragonborn

I added you to the group.  As noted in the PM, you can't really wiggle about and survive while the evaluator does it's thing.  So you need to be able to stealth, invisible, peacemake, or whatever you need to do for the evaluator to have about 6 seconds.

Thank you for giving me access to the project!

My normal process is to fly around until I find a greater dragon and cast invisibility on myself. While I am invisible I will animal lore it. Without sounding critical, because I am not, is the 6 seconds something that will be present on the release version or should it be able to evaluate an animal much quicker in the future?

Offline Ultimafreak77

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 14, 2015, 01:57:18 PM »
Hitpoints, Stamina, Strength and Dexterity all are cut in half upon taming. Mana and Intelligence stay the same.

Skills go down 29-30%. Don't know the exact number. What they can be trained up to is pet specific.

Tested on Greater Dragons, Cu's and Rune Beetles.

edit:
Something to consider; spell casters will cast Bless on themselves. Is it possible for the script to determine this?

As someone who tames greater dragons on a regular basis, the best way to see if a caster has blessed themselves is to compare their hit points to their max hit points. Normally I animal lore something before I attack it, so its hit points should equal its max hit points. If you animal lore something and its hits points are less than its max hit points, it has blessed itself.

On rare occasions you may come across a creature that was previously beat on by someone else, usually the creatures hit points will be noticeably lower than if they had just blessed themselves. If a caster was recently in combat then chances are it has blessed itself as well, which means you should patiently wait until the blessing fades.

My observations have been that when a greater dragon blesses itself, it normally shows a health percentage of approximately 96% on its health bar. Using some quick number crunching, I believe a greater dragon that has just blessed itself should show its max hit points to be 48-80 hit points higher than its current hit points. My best guess is that if a greater dragon had its current hit point and its max hit points at a difference of more than 100 hit points, the damage must have come from combat.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #65 on: June 14, 2015, 02:31:23 PM »

My normal process is to fly around until I find a greater dragon and cast invisibility on myself. While I am invisible I will animal lore it. Without sounding critical, because I am not, is the 6 seconds something that will be present on the release version or should it be able to evaluate an animal much quicker in the future?

Unfortunately, 6 seconds is kinda the normal considering the way EUO does character recognition.  You'll find that it's not a big deal once you play with it, especially if you have invisible going.  You basically can't really read it faster anyhow, let alone doing any computation.

Having said that, I know EUO is considering doing things differently when it comes to gump information.  If they do go through with making gump info available to the normal scripter, then eval gumps can be considered much faster.

For the time being, we are stuck with what EUO gives us to work with. 

As it stands, many gump-related EUO scripts can take a bit of getting used to.  You might have to adjust your playing timing, and know that if things are happening around you, they might affect the way scripts work (such as damage_numbers being spammed).  These are the fleas of this particular dog.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 02:39:18 PM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 14, 2015, 02:39:10 PM »
Thx for this forgotten info Ultimafreak77.  So going with your info, if I bit down a GD before I tame him will give him let HP that if I tame him full strength.

Offline Ultimafreak77

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 14, 2015, 06:03:20 PM »
Thx for this forgotten info Ultimafreak77.  So going with your info, if I bit down a GD before I tame him will give him let HP that if I tame him full strength.

I believe you are asking if you beat a greater dragon down to low hit points before you tame him, will he still have all the hit points he was supposed to have? The answer is yes, it doesn't matter if he is blessed, near death or full health he will always have the same amount of hit points when he is tamed.

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 15, 2015, 08:17:39 AM »
Thx, that was my understanding aswell. if not that will had explain the low rating of some of my GD

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #69 on: June 15, 2015, 11:59:41 AM »
I won't have many updates for a while.  The rating builder editor is a pretty intensive UI addition and will take some time to work through.  Doing interactive UIs in EUO is really painful.  :(
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 16, 2015, 01:45:21 PM »
Sorry I haven't done much testing yet TM. All my playing time so far has been spent on... other things.

But I have tomorrow off! Is there anything specific that you're looking to get tested at this point?

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #71 on: June 16, 2015, 02:36:05 PM »
Sorry I haven't done much testing yet TM. All my playing time so far has been spent on... other things.

But I have tomorrow off! Is there anything specific that you're looking to get tested at this point?

Nothing really, just usefulness, accuracy, stability.  EUO gump handling being what it is, there's probably some stability issues that just might not be addressable.  *shrugs*

Suggestions are always welcome as well.  Perhaps something I forgot about or I'm just not as seasoned as other tamers.  I'm a noob honestly.
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #72 on: June 21, 2015, 11:47:54 PM »
In case anyone would like to try out the script, I have it postes at the RebirthUO forum.

http://rebirthuo.com/Community/index.php?threads/scriptuo-creature-evaluator.1369/
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: