Author Topic: How messed up is UO's RNG??  (Read 2449 times)

Offline CrisisTopic starter

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
How messed up is UO's RNG??
« on: July 16, 2017, 10:45:27 AM »
It is so messed up that it is crazy. Yesterday in 2 hours I pulled 27 mibs while today I have gotten 6. I don't pull my boat but leave it for the next time so it is mostly in the same spot it was lol. I have a difficult time believing that they cannot update/redo the rng like they claim.

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: How messed up is UO's RNG??
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 04:10:07 PM »
Pardon my ignorance, but what does RNG stand for?  Random something (I would assume).  I have not started a Fisherman yet, but I am looking forward to pulling up some white nets.  Love to get a one tile Soulforge.  Looking at the scripts you have written Crisis, it looks like you love to fish as well.  Sometimes I watch the guy moving in the boat catching things.  Just like a little UO Anime...!    8)

ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

Offline CrisisTopic starter

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: How messed up is UO's RNG??
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2017, 04:23:54 PM »
RNG = Random Number Generator. UO/games use it to determine what loot is going to be given. Think about the old dungeon and dragon games back in the day, rolling to see what the loot will be. From what I have read, they used some college kids random number generator when they made UO and it was not very good. Think about crafting as an example, when you have a 60% chance to craft something and you fail like 30 times in a row when 60% is 6/10 so you should never fail 30 times in a row with a good RNG. Every time you snag a serpent, the RNG is used to determine if you get an MIB, Treasure Map, or zilch.

Yes I love fishing and treasure hunting. It is harder to use scripts for treasure hunting but a lot easier with fishing!

Tags: