Author Topic: Not a bug exactly but very useful  (Read 4787 times)

Offline GemviperTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Gemviper hides in shadows.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Not a bug exactly but very useful
« on: October 17, 2017, 01:51:51 AM »
+2
As you know you cannot recall or go through a gate while dragging something heavy, the game doesn't let you. Well, that doesn't apply to a high seas boat, apparently.

If you get on the boat once by clicking on the rope, then get off again, and use a very simple in game macro for "last object" you can press it and you will be on the boat again. Now, if you drag something extremely heavy that you cannot even carry and you pick it up near your boat you can hit the last object button and you will be on the boat with your heavy load.

I find this very useful at IDOCs when I want to drag a commodity box to safety, for example, but I'm sure it has other uses, perhaps dragging ore while boat mining etc?

Anyway, maybe not a bug exactly but probably not intended. So long as the last thing you click on is the boat's mooring rope the macro will work to get you and whatever you are dragging onto the boat safely.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 01:54:32 AM by Gemviper »

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Not a bug exactly but very useful
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2017, 05:30:29 AM »
+1
yes - i didn't know that this was not common knowledge. This is actually a feature that the developers put in since you can not drop things onto a ship.

I have a permanent macro set up in UOS and razor to use a mooring line.

Offline leonrefa

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • leonrefa has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Not a bug exactly but very useful
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 12:10:11 PM »
+1
yeah