Author Topic: sending a parameter to a form  (Read 3218 times)

Offline smittyTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • smitty has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
sending a parameter to a form
« on: November 25, 2017, 06:07:59 PM »
Hey there!!!!
So I have been dissecting Drabadan's Auto killer script, and it looks amazing!!! ive been basing my own project off of this script! i do have two questions that i cant really figure out on my own. throughout the script Drabadan sends Action<string> messanger around to a lot of different places.

My questions:
1) What is the Action<string> messanger accomplishing.
2) It appears the shell constructor is taking a parameter... Where is that getting sent from?

Code: [Select]
public Shell(Action<string> messanger)
        {
            InitializeComponent();
            _messanger = messanger;
        }

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: sending a parameter to a form
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2017, 06:19:54 PM »
Those are to be send to your phone.   So they can monitor what going on.  I have read about it,  but never use it or fully understand how it work really

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
  • Respect: +151
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
Re: sending a parameter to a form
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2017, 06:05:42 AM »
Hey there!!!!
So I have been dissecting Drabadan's Auto killer script, and it looks amazing!!! ive been basing my own project off of this script! i do have two questions that i cant really figure out on my own. throughout the script Drabadan sends Action<string> messanger around to a lot of different places.

My questions:
1) What is the Action<string> messanger accomplishing.
2) It appears the shell constructor is taking a parameter... Where is that getting sent from?

Code: [Select]
public Shell(Action<string> messanger)
        {
            InitializeComponent();
            _messanger = messanger;
        }

His whole script is to be able to send notifications to ICQ also.  It is very specific to this autokiller.
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

Tags: