Author Topic: Knock knock a.k.a Hello there  (Read 1199 times)

Offline dneemitTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • dneemit has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Knock knock a.k.a Hello there
« on: November 26, 2017, 11:06:47 AM »
Hi all,

Thanks for having me.

I am a PhD candidate who struggles with the reality of studying in a non-native language. In my free time (u wut) I like playing Ultima on a roleplaying server - there is nothing like a good old 2D graphics and a fancy dungeon your avatar has to face in order to save the world. Do not get me wrong, the pvp site of business is enjoyable - but in my honest opinion not in Ultima, no idea which factor has contributed to the fact that I stopped playing pvp in UO, while I played heavily competitive in other MMORPG games. From wow, swtor gw2 - the sole reason to play these games was to smash other people and giggle like a 2 years old.

In Ultima it feels different, I want to decorate a house, kill few zombies, gather ingredients and enjoy killing bosses with friends. It seems that my experience of Ultima has turned me into a dude who wants to create rather than destroy, especially in UO. Perhaps, the fact that most of the players are mature contributed to this.

But let me tell you a secret, back in the days I shared my account with my brother and we argued so much who supposed to play and when. Naturally, after some time I did not want him to touch my precious warrior with 40 str who could not even handle a zombie on his own. I changed the password and told him t get himself another account. I know a proper di** move, I would not do it again and if you a have a brother, remember to be nice to him ;).

Apart from UO I love to travel and scuba dive. Recently I have completed open water PADI and dove around World War II shipwrecks in Indonesia - pretty cool stuff, but the experience was disturbed by other divers - there was way too many of them.

I am pretty good at cooking, so if anyone thinks of impressing a lady with a properly made meal then let me know.

Another interesting fact, I am trying to learn how to code in MATLAB to increase my chances of contributing to a groundbreaking research in neuroscience. Yet I really hope I will be able to find a job in the industry rather than in Academia. The fact that I would have to publish and write for living for the rest of my life is scary. Especially given the fact that English is not my native language, and to be completely fair with you, I do not feel very confident about my English skills - I am making waaay too many silly mistakes.

That should be enough to give you a fraction of an iceberg of what type of a person I am. However, the overall message would be more positive if I would type it after a good night sleep. I did not sleep for about 16 hours :) so yeah.

Once again, thanks for having me and nice meeting you all.

J.

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Knock knock a.k.a Hello there
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2017, 11:23:47 AM »
Welcome to SUO! I am sure Gim will be along soon to unrestrict you.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Knock knock a.k.a Hello there
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2017, 01:28:24 PM »

And just like that it is done!

Thanks for your excellent introduction - restricted status lifted - feel free to enjoy all the benefits of the site!

WELCOME!

Tags: