Author Topic: Howdy ho!  (Read 902 times)

Offline ChronicFatigueTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • ChronicFatigue has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Howdy ho!
« on: December 23, 2020, 06:44:28 AM »
Hi! I'm an old UO player from when the game first released. Think I was about 13. I spent most of my time on the Pacific server back then though I think I played Catskills originally. Eventually I got into a freeshard and started playing on one off and on for a few years. I used EasyUO religiously back then. Training skills, looting, pot throwing, house placing, idoc finding... I loved writing/tweaking every one of those types of scripts. I generally had to write most of my scripts from scratch due to the server I was on, though I'd be lying if I said I didn't snag some useful tricks/ideas out of others' code. I'm ready to tinker around and find me some more IDOCs. Hopefully you folks will be kind enough to grant me access. I'm hoping some of these scripts will help jog my memory and make it easier to come up with my own. I'd be happy to share with the community though I haven't decided if I'll be playing on Hybrid or Outlands. If anyone is knowledgeable enough to know whether one of the 2 is more compatible for EasyUO scripting, that'd certainly make it an easier choice.

Fun fact! I apparently registered this account about 10 years ago, but I had 0 posts till now. I'm shy. :-\

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.8%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Howdy ho!
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2020, 06:50:19 AM »

A Warm Welcome!

Thanks for your introduction - restricted status lifted - feel free to enjoy all the benefits of the site!

WELCOME!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Howdy ho!
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2020, 11:14:15 AM »
Welcome to SUO!

Tags: