Author Topic: Dealing with Damage gumps!!!  (Read 6799 times)

Offline _C2_Topic starter

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Dealing with Damage gumps!!!
« on: October 03, 2009, 11:59:10 AM »
Alright-  I was trying to farm in the cave of discarded and the constant damage gumps were rolling above the head non stop and making it hard for my looter to keep pulling corpses which started to slow the script.  I know I heard TM talk about them once - anyone else been dealing with them or have ideas.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Dealing with Damage gumps!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2009, 12:02:48 PM »
You should dissect how I did it in the CLAw.  Khameleon and I did a bunch of work trying to filter it out and I think it's dead nuts now.  You might even think about grabbing my OpenContainer sub because that will also return the correct #CONTID for you to loot from.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2009, 12:12:15 PM »
I Played with using #contid for looting a while back, I just said F' It, and went with good old.

nextcpos 0 0
set #Lobjectid #findid
event macro 17 0
wait 20 (25)

and then I just loot from all containers (Excluding paperdoll and backpack.)
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2009, 12:21:33 PM »
When you have streaming damage gumps, you run the risk of missing the correct #CONTID.  On OSI, you have to be aware that the #CONTID from the body is different than the ID that comes from the actual container when you open the body.  So you have to filter this value, and it becomes much harder when you have 3 energy vortexes spamming gumps.  My OpenContainer handles all this and will return the real #CONTID, and does it pretty fast as well.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline _C2_Topic starter

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2009, 12:48:02 PM »
When you have streaming damage gumps, you run the risk of missing the correct #CONTID.  On OSI, you have to be aware that the #CONTID from the body is different than the ID that comes from the actual container when you open the body.  So you have to filter this value, and it becomes much harder when you have 3 energy vortexes spamming gumps.  My OpenContainer handles all this and will return the real #CONTID, and does it pretty fast as well.

That is basically my problem but it does eventually get the container pulled but with a lot of fuss

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2009, 12:57:01 PM »

That is basically my problem but it does eventually get the container pulled but with a lot of fuss

Definitely check out my OpenContainer sub then.  I've optimized the crap out of it to handle things like looting rights, accessibility, container spamming, etc.  Also has timers to handle the un-openable.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2009, 02:14:44 PM »
Isn't there a way to modify the client to eliminate them?
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2009, 02:17:51 PM »
I don't think there was a setting for that in the setup.  Also, there would be no way for the script to know of anything, so it's best to optimize the script to just filter it out.  Makes for less, "Your script doesn't work." posts.  :)
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2009, 03:57:17 PM »
Right, but I think there is a way to modify the client to avoid the messages. I know there was a way of removing the "you can not gain any more valor" type messages. I suppose damage would be similiar.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline xapcx

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • xapcx has no influence.
  • Respect: +2
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2009, 04:04:37 PM »
have been working on the same issue for the past two days.

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2009, 04:09:17 PM »
Right, but I think there is a way to modify the client to avoid the messages. I know there was a way of removing the "you can not gain any more valor" type messages. I suppose damage would be similiar.

Hmm, probably not.  This is actually data that comes through the #CONTNAME, #CONTSIZE variables.  This isn't journal spam, but rather packet level information that's coming from the server to the client.

If you quickly sample #CONTNAME and post the values, you'll see "damage_numbers_gump" show up, but then be replaced by whatever gump happens to be selected and is on "top".  I have a test script I wrote at one time to sample this so I could more effectively determine what checks I needed to put in.

Now if you are talking about a client hack or patch, then that's possible.  I don't talk much about those; I work just with EasyUO and the client to keep a scripts dependencies to a minimum.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Thimotty

• Activity:
    0%
  • Thimotty has no influence.
  • Respect: +7
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2009, 05:18:35 PM »
@TM I'm sorry i have to say this but i have just checked your OpenContainer sub and ...... why are you alway try to kill a fly with a tank :)

Here is the solution:
(this is something i just wrote here, don't try to use it directly, it is only to show the idea)

Code: [Select]
findItem YFM_JNF_QNF_YNF_MNF_LNF_WNF_VNF_KNF_PNF G_2
if #FINDTYPE <> X
   {
   set #LOBJECTID #FINDID
   try_again:
   event macro 17 0
   wait 5
   str right #FINDID 4
   if #STRRES notin #CONTID
      goto try_again
   event ExMsg #charID 3 %color body ignored
   set %real_body_cont_ID #CONTID
   }

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2009, 05:21:41 PM »
Heh, it's amazing how similar your sub is to what mine started out as.  Put some mileage on yours and see how it performs in heavy spawns, invalid targets, etc, etc.  It LOOKS easy at the start... Trust me.  

And BTW, tanks are required so that I can release a script and KNOW I don't have to answer constant questions about little corner cases of function.  You tend to over-design something when you release it for mass-consumption. 
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 05:24:02 PM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Thimotty

• Activity:
    0%
  • Thimotty has no influence.
  • Respect: +7
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2009, 05:28:39 PM »
Maybe you are correct but I do riki often alone and it never fails.

Edit: Yes you are correct about scripts designed for public use. I have never deal with that side of the problem :)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 05:31:09 PM by Thimotty »

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2009, 05:33:18 PM »
Maybe you are correct but I do riki often alone and it never fails.

Well what you have to do is release your script and let 100s of people use it to really see where the corner cases are.  That sub has been iterated from the beginnings (much like yours), but has taken into consideration much input from many different players with different playstyles.  It's probably still not perfect, so whenever someone else comes up with an issue I tend to incorporate that feedback.
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: