Author Topic: Safe Sparring Weapon Trainer .70b  (Read 14012 times)

Offline PauloniusTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Safe Sparring Weapon Trainer .70b
« on: January 19, 2010, 03:00:35 PM »
+1
I put together this script for training weapon skills with two accounts.  This script will train any combat skill against another toon.  If you are using archery be sure to stock your secure with lots of ammunition. You need to be willing to train up healing and anatomy for the script to work well.  I have tested this with no resists and it is pretty stable (ie. toons don't die much), but I recommend at least 25 physical resist.

Cross healer is updated and versions prior to .25 will no longer work correctly.

SETUP

1.   Get a big pile of bandages (I start with 20-30,000), some fast, low damage weapons

2.   Put the bandages and weapons in a secure locked down on the floor of your house.

3.   If you are using metal armor, craft some dull copper ring suits for elves and humans (Bascinet, ring arms, tunic, legs, gloves, plate gorgets) and gargoyle plate for gargoyles.

4.   If you are using leather armor craft some spined leather suits (full six peice standard leather suit). Leather and cloth are not currently supported for gargoyles.

5.   Put your armor into the secure with your weapons and bandages.  

6.   Secure should be locked down on a space South of four un-obstructed spaces that run East to West. I have tried it in other configurations and ran into problems I have yet to sort out.  You will need the four spaces in a row so that your two combatant toons will be able to engage/disengage, but still reach the secure. You don't want the secure in the line even if it is "walk through" because your toon will cover it during setup. Refer to the attached JPG picture for a recommended setup configuration.  

7.   Stand the toons on the "engaged" space for best results on start-up.

8.   Weapon does not need to be equipped, but you need to be able to grab one and drag it into your pack during setup, either from your hands or secure. Best to involve only one weapon during setup.

9.   When you are setting your positions, wait a moment after you move to the spot before hitting the function key to give EUO a chance to update your coordinates.

10.  Have the toons in the same guild and new to .70 PARTIED.

11. All Iterations must now run in the same EUO iteration.  (See picture below) With update to .55 I split the heal routine into a separate script that exchanges information with the primary script with global variables.  Global variables also operate between the primary scripts. This will allow three or more toons to fight rather than just two, and adds a lot of other efficiencies.

12. If you are using throwing, I recommend that you keep the toons one step apart until they hit 100 Dex and 100 Skill.  Also, if you plan to use a shield, train parry to GM before training throwing for best results.

13. When setup is complete, say "Start Fighting" with any toon to begin. To stop fighting say "Stop Fighting".

EUO SETUP

With the introduction of global variables the script windows must be opened in one EUO Window and started in a specific order.  I have placed a picture of the EUO information window below and numbred the tabs in order. I circled the "open File" button for anyone not used to opening EUO this way.  Just be sure to start the heal script for a toon first, followed by the training script for the same toon.  

For Best Results:

Let Dex go to 120 for 2 second heals (script will heal as fast as you can).
Use fast, low damage weapons: Tessen , hatchet or butchers knife, dagger
As an alternative to crafted suits use self repair armor: Embers or Honor suit are good choices
Use HCI
If you are training bushi or chiv, try adding Mana leech to your weapons

The attached picture demonstrates the recommended setup. Postion Two is the Green player's fighting position, position one is the greeen player's disengaged safe position. Position three is player two's engaged fighting position, position four is player two's disengaged safe position. Position's five and six are the secure positions. You only need one secure and it could be in either spot.    

The script will also do some casting, but I have not incorporated any  safeties (reagent pickup, spell book checks, reagent/lower reagent cost checks, etc.)  Confidence is the only spell that will run without creating any potental problems, but capability for curse weapon, divine fury and lightning strike are in there too.  In general terms if you don't have 100% LRC in a suit with self repair don't bother with curse weapon and be warned that you will eat a ton of tithing with Divine Fury.  Lighting Strike is not recommended against toons without armor.

Code: [Select]
;=====================================================================
; Script Name:   Safe Sparring Weapon Trainer
; Author: by Paulonius
; Version: 0.70
; Client Tested with:
; EUO version tested with:
; Shard OSI / FS: OSI
; Initial Release Date:  01/19/2010
; Revision Date: 06/28/2010
; Global Variables Used: !ThirtySecondBreak, !Secure, !CrossHeal
; Purpose: Train weapon skills with a partner (or 2 accounts) up to your skill cap.
;          Script will use bandages to cross heal, will step back out of combat
;          to avoid dying, re-equip weapons, and cast some spells.
;
;======================================================================
; TO Do List
; 1. Build a skill tracking menu and skill cap shut-down
; 2. Add in some checks and failsafes
; 3. Incorporate Lower Mana Cost Calculations
; 4. Incorporate an attack/start-up sequence

; INSTRUCTIONS:
; 1. Place a secure in your house with 1000s of bandaides and weapons for both characters
;    Setup should look like the following were 1D, 1E, 2E and 2D are the character positions
;    for engaged and disengaged, and S1 and S2 are locations for the secure.  Only one secure is
;    required.
;                1D1E2E2D
;                  S1S2
; 2. Characters should have the similar skill levels be in the same guild and partied (New to .70)
; 3. Characters must be able to grab a weapon during script setup with more in secure
; 4. Recommended setup includes some self repair armor with physical resist or lots of crafted armor.
;    Self repair should be four or higher. Embers work well. Script is relatively stable
;    with unarmored toons. 100% stable at 30 physical resist and well matched toons
; 5. You will need to start two windows of this script and two of the heal script IN ONE EUO WINDOW
;    See the picture in the post for more information.
; 6. Healing and anatomy should be allowed to raise to at least 35 for armored toons.
; 7. Recommend not using spell subs or HCI with unarmored toons
; 8. Recommend using weapons or items without any damage increase
; 9. Recommend using the fastest, lightest hitting weapons possible (butchers, dagger, tessen)
; 10. DO NOT WEAR OR CARRY THINGS THAT YOU DON'T WANT DESTROYED OR LOST
; 11. DO NOT WEAR OR CARRY THINGS THAT YOU DON'T WANT DESTROYED OR LOST
; 12. Once both parties have completed the guided setup, then type "Start Fighting

REVISION HISTORY

1. Fixed a screwup in the check for weapon line. and got that working correctly.
[u][b]24 January 2010 [/b] [/u]
2. Revisited the re-equip weapon routine.  It was failing after running for more than an hour so I added in an open paperdoll
3. Added in equip subs for using armor.  I have it set up to use leather or ringmail suits. With a ringmail suit it uses a bascinet, plate gorget, ring arm, legs, tunic and gloves.  I used ring because it only requires 45 Str with iron (less with DC) so you can use it with a newbie toon.  When set to use leather armor it will use the full six peice standard leather suit. The script will run without deaths if the toons are equiping armor with standard materials (iron or normal leather). If you make the armor suits from dull copper/spined leather they give 60+ physical resist, more than enough for the script to run at very high efficiency with very little disengaging and no deaths.
[u][b]27 January 2010 [/b] [/u]  
4. Completely restructured the weapon re-equip using DropPD. Instead of re-equipping while fighting, I made the weapon check start the disengage sub and put the re-equip routine there so that I could slow it down without the potential for screwing up the training flow and getting someone killt. I tested it pretty extensively using disarm on my opponent and it appears to be working smoothly now.
5. Added in capability to use primary and secondary weapon specials.  I don't see a ton of value for training, but it helped me test the disarm problem.
[u][b]5 Feb 2010[/b][/u]
6. I reworked the armor checks to eliminate a halt that I left in from testing.
7. I fixed the timing in the heal self sub and built out start and success checks.  The sub should work as intended now.  The syntax in the timer set equation was not right and it was not advancing the timer. I tested the bandageself and bandage sub timing and they appear to be working correctly.
8. I added a redundancy to the re-arm code in the setup to address an occassional failure to equip in setup.
9. I modified the initial engage so that it will bandage self and then move into position if the toon is injured.
[u][b]10 Feb 2010[/b][/u]
10. I modified the script start process to accept user input to begin the scripts.  This will synchronize the scripts better and makes journal commands line up more or less.  Once setup is complete have either toon say "Start Fighting" and the scripts will both start rolling. The initialization includes an attack routine, so there is no longer any need to attack your other toon.  I also added a "Stop Fighting" feature that allows you to pause the scripts. Hitting play in the EUO menu gets them going again.
11. I added in a second mainloop option for archery. This includes restocking ammunition and a modified "disengage" routine.   Ammo restock needs some work, but appears to keep toons stocked without going over 150 arrows in backpack at a time.
12. I modified the mainloop structure to consolidate casting into offensive and defensive spells.  I have not had a chance to test these yet.
13. I modified the weapon setup again. This time there I put in a check/redo feature that will keep having you attempt to set the weapon type until it succeeds.  Best results appear to come when targetting a weapon that has already been equipped.
14. While in archery mode toons now drop out of combat on one of them calling for a "30 second break" when they get below 50% hits.  You can initiate the break by typing it as well.  It also takes a 30 second break every 30 minutes to check armor and such. During the break toons will disengage and check armor.  
[u][b]February 16 2010
Version .55 is a signficant re-write.[/b][/u]
15. I replaced all of my journal scanning routines with TMSAdvanceJournal scanner for increased efficiency and function.
16. I split the heal subs off into a separate script.  This increases heal speed, flow and efficiency.  The primary will pause the heal script occassionally while performing other functions, but the delays are imperceptible.
17. I consolidated the two main loops into one facilitated by the use of globals.  The disengage function is currently not in use.
18. I added a 30 second timeout initiated every 30 minutes. This is to collect arrows, but I am not sure it needs it.

June 8, 2010
I had put this on the shelf for a while because I could not figure out a couple of problems I was having and had other things to do. I pulled it out again this week, fixed a couple of issues and added some functionality.

19. fixed a syntax error that was keeping the script from re-arming.
20. Optimized the reequip weapon sub.
21. Added in Bushido move Counter Attack
22. Optimized casting subs: will now case more than one defensive at a time. Will re-attempt a cast if it misses (one extra attempt). Casting is popping now, significantly improving survivability and training (Bushi and Chiv).

[b]June 28, 2010 - .70[/b]
23. Added in Gargoyle plate armor. Script automatically detects race and will equip the right armor.
24. Switched out the equip subs to use a drag and click method. Should be more reliable.
25. Switched out the object/target heal method in favor of event macro 58 and 59 that do not require a target. You must now have the New Targetting system enabled.
26. Now using the New Targetting system for targetting heals. Not recommended for more than two toons, but may work if you position them correctly. It is using target nearest party member on the heals.

[b]Jun 29, 2010 - .70b[/b]

27. I made some adjustments to account for faster timing in the cross heal script and some issues with party targetting.  

[/color]

To Do List

6. Add gargoyle metal and cloth suits.
7. Add in Pig Iron Pickup
8. Add Toon scan and lower mana cost check
9. Add in stat goal toggles
10. Add in Menu Based Setup
11. Add in shut down on skill cap(s).
12. Add in archery mode.
13. Add skill checks to the casting subs

Performance Testing:

Version .70 appears to run smoothly.  Running some additional tests

Known Issues
1. Casting seems to slow down as the script runs
2. Player spoken commands no longer work to stop the script after a while
 [color]

There are 4 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
Safe Sparring Cross Healer .25.txt
Safe Sparring Setup.png
Safe Sparring Trainer .70b.txt
Safe Sparring.png
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 07:44:10 AM by Paulonius »
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Scrripty

Re: Safe Sparring Weapon Trainer
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010, 04:55:58 PM »
+1
If you scan for or have a user input their LMC you can use these to set their actual mana cost based on their LMC on their suit...

SET %mana_required_0  7 - ( (  7 * %user_lmc ) / 100 )
    SET %mana_required_1 10 - ( ( 10 * %user_lmc ) / 100 )
    SET %mana_required_2 15 - ( ( 15 * %user_lmc ) / 100 )
    SET %mana_required_3 20 - ( ( 20 * %user_lmc ) / 100 )

It just calculates their actual mana cost per spell level based on their suits lmc.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
Re: Safe Sparring Weapon Trainer .25
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 06:31:27 AM »
+1
Added in some significant updates based on my testing.
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

-Mario Andretti

Offline gimmeAlighter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • gimmeAlighter has no influence.
  • Respect: +6
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Safe Sparring Weapon Trainer .30
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2010, 01:34:32 PM »
+1
would like to use this script, but cant find it. The code in first post only shows commented out introduction of script.

Do I need to request directly from you?

Post Merge: February 04, 2010, 01:36:49 PM
nm I am retarded, found the DL link. Will report back with my times and gains.  I am starting with two swordsman, training parry, swords, and then ljack.

Already have tactics, and healing. stoned anatomy to reduce damage. but may bring it back and stone tactics instead if i cant stay alive with 2sec heals.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 01:36:49 PM by gimmeAlighter »

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2010, 01:38:21 PM »
+1
The links for the script are located directly under the picture in the first post.
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2010, 05:04:59 PM »
+1
FYI, I have found a couple of additional tips to help in setup.

1. Make sure that you are holding a weapon when you start the script. It should disarm into your backpack, and then rearm.  If it doesn't do that, then restart.

2. When you are setting your spar and safe locations, give EUO a moment after you move to the spot before you hit the function key, or it will not set to the right coordinates. 

-Mario Andretti

Offline gimmeAlighter

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2010, 06:50:13 PM »
+1
everything has worked fine, however at times it disengages, stops and gives me a message you are out of weapon %1 please restock yoru secure and restart.

I've got plenty of butcher's knives in my secure so not sure what it is.

Looked through the script (I am not a coder, nor do I play one on tv) and its looking for item type C_ , in the info bar of the right of EUO its saying my LHANDID & RHANDID are YC, however in Razor the item type butcher knife is 13F6

Other than that I'm not sure what to do next :)

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2010, 05:41:01 AM »
+1
Nice work paul.  I have not tried it all out yet but i like the code and work you have put in.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2010, 06:22:57 AM »
+1
I will take a look at the re-equip sub. I didn't intend for it to stop you, so I will check it out.  Have you tried running it without razor?  I have not tested it for use with razor, so that may be causing problems I don't see in my testing.

-Mario Andretti

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Re: Safe Sparring Weapon Trainer .35
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2010, 07:48:04 AM »
+1
I fixed the issue you were seeing in the armor re-equip. It should give you a message, but won't stop anymore. Sorry about that. 

-Mario Andretti

Offline gimmeAlighter

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2010, 10:46:33 AM »
+1
It wasnt armor it was weapon, and it wasnt finding the butcher knives in my secure bag, thus halting the script. I was wondering if the script ID for butcher knives is wrong? which is why i posted the 3 different numbers I was seeing for butcher knives.

Downloading update now, will let you know if it fixed anything though!

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2010, 11:26:21 AM »
+1
The script doesn't contain any weapon ids, it picks the id up during setup.  My guess is that it didn't catch the weapon ID in the setup routine.  I improved that routine in this latest edit to address this problem. However, it may still crop up.  You will be able to tell if the setup functioned correctly if it disarms your weapon, drops it into your backpack, and then re-arms it.  If it doesn't cycle through those movements, then restart the script.

-Mario Andretti

Offline gimmeAlighter

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2010, 01:17:14 PM »
+1
yep its working much better now.

It gets a little glitchy when the script has to heal itsself ex...

Scripter 1 drops below 40% HP
-script disengages and attempts to heal self

At this point it tries to heal  itsself with the same 2 secondtimer it uses when healing the opponent (from what i can tell) so never gets any healing of self done and wastes bandages.

I looked at the bandageself & healwait subs, tried editing the wait times with no good luck but lots of bad :)

I love this script overall. Its exactly what i;ve been looking for for awhile now!

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2010, 01:44:14 PM »
+1
I appreciate your commments.  Did you download the .35 version I put up today? I worked on the bandage self routine to address the insane healing cycle and hopefully that is fixed.  It seems to be working correctly in my tests. 

I appreciate the comments and feedback, really helps me tighten things up.  Anything else you think would be useful to add? 

For the next significant update I am planning to train a pack of archers up.  I am going to set up a routine that calls uncle and has the opponent toggle out of combat instead of stepping back.  I think I also need it to pick up arrows and have an occassional time out to recover arrows.

-Mario Andretti

Offline gimmeAlighter

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2010, 02:42:46 PM »
+1
the archery part would be awesome.

Yes im using .35.

Gonna give it another go.

Also, would be nice to have a part that asks if you would like to equip a shield, the same way it says target weapon have it ask do u want to use a shield, if yes, then target your shield (have more in your secure) would help w parry gains.

Post Merge: February 05, 2010, 03:44:04 PM
Ok Paul, I have figured out how to isolate where the script is hanging at on the disengage healself part.

This is the lines of code it hangs on and just keeps there, doesnt stop, pause, or send a message just hangs in disengage mode.

Sub HealWait
Repeat
Set %jstart #jIndex + 1
Set %jend #jIndex
scanjournal #jindex
for %ji %jstart %jend
    {
    scanJournal %ji
    If You_finish_applying_the_bandages in #journal
       {
       Set %HealComplete True
       Wait 4

When I paused the script it highlighted the last line, " Wait 4"

Admittedly I wasn't paying as much attention as I would have liked to, was also watching History Channel at the time, so I'm not sure exactly what caused it to jump to the sub as my second script is still trying to heal it so its not that.

Will try and look closer at what is happening on screen this next run.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 03:44:04 PM by gimmeAlighter »

Tags: