Author Topic: Paulonius' Imbue Trainer *BETA*  (Read 31872 times)

Offline PauloniusTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Paulonius' Imbue Trainer *BETA*
« on: January 29, 2010, 02:33:12 PM »
I put together this script for training Imbuing. Wiz' script is too much of a resource hog for me, so I built this script around using more lower intensity properties to take advantage of the higher intensity to ingredient ratio at the low end of property intensity.   Script will keep you at 55-60% success for most of the run from 40 to 120. On the low end it runs with a bit higher difficulty and at the high end a bit lower.  It will stop at your skill cap.  

I use Luck as the primary imbue throughout, so it should use signicantly more Citrine than any other gem. It also uses Amber and Rubies.  My revised guesstimate of ingredients required to hit 120 based on preliminary testing: 15000 Residue 15000 citrine, 500 amber, 3500 rubies, 1500 ingots.  Still working on projections...

SETUP

You must have enough smithy to craft exceptional daggers 100% of the time for this script
You must have enough tinker skill to craft tongs
You must have a tinker tool in your backpack
You must stand near enough to your forge/anvil/soulforge to imbue and smith
Have iron ingots, residue, citrine, amber, and rubies on the top level of a secure within reach.

You should have 100 arms lore or the script will take longer and consume more resources
You should be human or the script will take longer and consume more resources

I no longer want to suggest the you train on a human toon.  It will help with the curve, but the lack of a race quest to gargoyle makes this problematic.

Version .15

I modded the script to make heavy plate jingasa from 65 imbue skill.  This allows a more cost effective progression, but requires that you have 120 blacksmithing, or the equivalent with a talisman so that you make HPJ exceptional 100% of the time.  If you have 120 blacksmithing, give .15 a try as an alternative to .10.  .15 will use more ingots than .10, but will use very few rubies and overall should consume less resources. It has a more aggressive difficulty through the last seven or so points to 120 and is cheaper to run througout.

This script calls the two associated scripts for infomation it needs to run imbue processes. You must have all three in the same folder.  

Code: [Select]
;=====================================================================
; Script Name:   Imbue Skill Trainer from 0 to 120
; Author: by Paulonius
; Version: 0.10
; Client Tested with:
; EUO version tested with:
; Shard OSI / FS: OSI
; Initial Release Date:  01/29/2010
; Revistion Date: TBD
; Global Variables Used: N/A
; Purpose: Train Imbue
;======================================================================
; TO Do List
; 1. build a set-up and tracking save routine
;
;======================================================================
; Instructions:
; 1. Position yourself with reach of a soulforge, forge and anvil
; 2. Be within reach of a secure holding iron ingots and gems on the top level,
; 3. Have a tinker kit in your backpack
; 4. Buy Imbuing to 40 from the Arcanists in Ter Mur
; 5. Place iron ingots, Magic Residue, Citrine, Amber, and Rubies in your resource secure

Performance Testing:

I am running my first real trials with this script right now.  I will post results as I have them. If anyone else uses it, please keep track of any errors and let me know what your resource consumption looks like.

My First significant run with the script results as follows:

No significant errors and no stoppage. I did notice that it occassionally grabs more residue than anticipated.  This might cause problems with a brand new toon as it could become overweight and be unable to unravel.  I will look into what is causing the problem and work in some safeguards.

I was going to start from 40 for a pure test, but had to made residue first.  With the new changes crafting bows and unraveling them for residue increased my skill to 73.8 before I started using the script. Results from my preliminary run are as follows:

73.8 to  105 skill  (31.2 points)
Residue 5037
Citrine 4778
Amber 494
Rubies 700
Ingots 510

at 110 skill  (36.2 points)
Residue 6898
Citrine 6500
Amber 784
Rubies 1221
Ingots 690

at 117 skill  (43.2 points) -- Sorry, I was eating dinner at 115... Mother in law cooked a turkey.
Residue 10877
Citrine 10063
Amber 1614
Rubies 2459
Ingots 738

Total Resources to 120 skill  (46.2 points)
Residue 14475
Citrine 13263
Amber 2459
Rubies 3659
Ingots 1381

Gems at base cost 950,525 gold.
Residue at 400gp each: 5,390,000

Savings over Wiz script is about 50% of gems and 25% of residue with current process. I believe these numbers can be signficantly reduced if I switch to making an SE armor item and I am looking at adding that in with the next update.  Wiz' script uses a plate jingasa.

I have not used Wiz script since the change that allowed 20 attempts on an item so calculations are based on a post from someone who used Wiz from 71 to 120 and got the following numbers:

Residue 16968
Citrine 17674
Amber 10711 Amber
Rubies 0
Ingots unknown

Gems at base cost: 1,418,700
Residue at 400each: 6,787,200

There are 4 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
Imbue Trainer .10.txt
Imbue Trainer .15.txt
ImbueIntensitySort.txt
ImbuePropertyInfo.txt
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 05:01:06 AM by Paulonius »
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline Xclio

• Officially "The MAN"
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Xclio has no influence.
  • Respect: +56
    • View Profile
Re: Paulonius' Imbue Trainer *BETA*
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 06:48:10 AM »
I need to train another imbuer so i will give this a try.

Offline Wilk

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Wilk has no influence.
  • Respect: +24
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2010, 07:37:47 AM »
Guess I'll start on my 4th imbuer. I'll test her out tomorrow Paul.

Offline Belthon

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Belthon has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2010, 01:42:05 PM »
looked good, but I cant test it out.  I put my imbuer on a second account that has no mule.  But I am guessing its a sweet script.  I need to find one with out the mule requirements to move mine from 112-120

:-X

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2010, 10:26:10 PM »
I guess I don't completely understand.  Mule? You need your toon to make exceptional daggers.
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

-Mario Andretti

Offline Belthon

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Belthon has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2010, 04:10:58 PM »

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2010, 04:17:08 PM »
Gave this a try yesterday paul it was easy setup *if you follow the instructions*.  After using my unravel formula to get me to 82.5 imbue this took it to 120 imbuing in about 8 hours.  I used around 10k citrine and around 2k amber and around 1.5k rubies and around 8-10k residue as a gargoyle.  I was also using .15 version of your script.  It worked wonders and had no hickups that i could tell. Great job.

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2010, 07:42:30 PM »
Just an FYI, I found this much Easier than Just about everything Else I have seen so far. Wasn't writing down the skills when I changed from one thing to the next but here is the general Idea.

Exceptional Iron Carp Hammers + Luck
Exceptional Gold Carp Hammers + Luck (Basically just getting the Lower Requirements)
Exceptional Gold Carp Hammers + Hit Dispel
Exceptional Bloodwood Bokutos + Dispel

I think that was everything.... Took me From 50-120 in 24 hours no Problem and as you can see it only requires 2 Types of Gems :)
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2010, 06:29:06 AM »
Thanks MWinc.  I don't love that it uses carpentry, but I do like the idea of using special ingredients to save on imbues and gold.  I think I am going to build in an alternative to allow use of your suggestion. 

I would also like a version that runs with tinker only so that it can rely on only one skill other than imbue.  I may do that with both the special and normal ingredient options.

I appreciate the feedback!!

-Mario Andretti

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2010, 12:49:03 PM »
Just curious...as I've been farming resources, I collect the loot and unravel it myself (I have about 2k residue, 200essence so far). Can I simply wait until I have 15k residue (and buy up all the gems I need) and then just run the script and have it attempt to imbue? Or will it always try to make/unravel stuff??
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2010, 01:03:34 PM »
I am not 100% sure I understand your question, but wonder if this might help:

Since some of the recent changes to Imube you can gain almost to 60 by crafting oak bows and unraveling them to make residue -- and higher if you are unravelling things that make essence, although I don't recommend it as there is some suggestion that you will be losing some essence by unraveling it with a less skilled toon.  There are a couple of scripts for turning oak into residue that and its where I get most of my residue.  Its also a good way to start training. Once that peters out, you might give this script a try the rest of the way.

The script will craft daggers, imbue them, then unravel them. You have to imbue an item to gain in skill above a certain point, but after 20 imbues an item loses its ability to give skill gains. It gives a message to that effect when you try to imbue it again.   It should say it loses most of it as I have seen a rare gain on an item past that point, but you get the idea. There is a marginal return when you unravel the item after it hits the point of diminishing skill gains, but nothing close to sustainable.

As MWinc points out, this is not the most efficient possible method, but its as far as I have gotten to date... 

-Mario Andretti

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2010, 02:43:57 PM »
That answers my question, thanks! I originally meant it differently (forgetting that you can now only imbue an item 20 times), so technically my question changed, and you answered it!  ;)
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2010, 04:31:45 PM »
Actually I think the number of times you can gain off imbuing something changes with how high intensity the item is. Noticed like 25-30 when I first started and about 15 towards 120
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2010, 11:58:36 PM »
They said it was 20 in one of the releases, but I have not done any checking in a while.  I have the script working on a journal scan in any event.

-Mario Andretti

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2010, 07:03:03 AM »
Both scripts are updated withhe pub 65 gump changes. I checked the imbue gumps and found no changes to those.  I have not had a chance to re-test the script, but believe it should work with the updated craft gump.

-Mario Andretti

Tags: