Author Topic: Paulonius' Imbue Trainer *BETA*  (Read 32223 times)

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Paulonius' Imbue Trainer *BETA*
« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2010, 04:46:28 AM »
LOL, you don't need a PM. You just have to remember that, no matter what, always make sure the user has read the instructions first, especially when other called files are concerned ;)

After all of the scripting and file calls that I do and/or have done I can't believe I skipped right over making sure the path you were using in the script actually contained the correct file. *sigh* I'm considering deleting the last page of discusison just so I'm not reminded!

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2010, 04:50:54 AM »
Oh yeah, seriously. One of the worse things EUO did right there....

Of course a good script would include a

display Can not find required file %filename, You may have 12x'd up! Fix and restart.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline PauloniusTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2010, 06:05:41 AM »
Good point. I will include that in the next update.
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2011, 03:39:39 PM »
So, I'm finally making an imbuer and using this script. Only 3 comments:

#1 - I don't have tinker so I changed the MakeTwoTools subroutine to just get some from my resource container (I have approximately 100 in my secure container with 100+ uses each so I'm hoping that should do fine for me). I'll post my edited version if you'd like!

#2 - I had my smithy tool set on bronze from some enhancing I was doing. Your script does not set the ingot type to iron before attempting to craft daggers. Luckily I had no bronze in my pack so I got an error that there were not enough ingots to craft instead (probably could have figured it out quicker if I DID have bronze in my pack LOL). So maybe that's something that could be added

#3 - The menu only updates the status data when you're done with an item. So all the multiple gains from one item don't update the display, only when it's unraveled. Not a major deal for those who only glance at it every few hours.

I'm gonna let this thing roll and see how far I get! Started at 62.6 and I'm at 63.8 while I typed this up! Thanks again!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 03:41:29 PM by UOMaddog »
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2011, 04:43:02 PM »
Thanks for the feedback UOM.  Its a pretty rough beta, like most of my craft scripts - none of which are in real release mode yet.  Getting close to putting a couple into real release soon though.  This one is on the short list for being reworked, so I appreciate the feedback.
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

-Mario Andretti

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    1.4%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2011, 05:02:05 PM »
Will be trying this on Seige in the near future - Thanks Paul

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2011, 05:36:16 PM »
I have 0 complaints about the script so far while running it! I'm up to 84.5 (I screwed myself over at 80.0 for about 15 minutes because I didn't have my other skill set to lower) and have used:

62.6 to 84.5
3268 Residue
3123 Citrine
61 Amber
1641 Ingots
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2011, 08:23:42 PM »
Here's my latest stats to 100.0! (Trying to collect 50 relics now to get my 120 powerscroll so I can finish up!)

62.6 to GM:

6607 Residue
7003 Citrine
507 Amber
3821 Ingots
4.75 Hours

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    1.4%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2011, 08:41:11 PM »
Boy thats stupid (no offence) dont use relics get 10 -115s use the green stuff!

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #54 on: May 02, 2011, 09:43:17 PM »
Boy thats stupid (no offence) dont use relics get 10 -115s use the green stuff!
??
And then a scrollbinder?? Anyone have one on Chessy?

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2011, 03:54:01 AM »
Gim, hold off starting this on Siege.  I just finished writing a bowcraft script to let me train that skill enough to start training imbue.  Reworking the imbue trainer is my next order of business to get my Siege imbuer up and running.  The version of this script that I release in the next week to ten days will have siege ROT timers and address a number of bug issues.

-Mario Andretti

Offline 12TimesOver

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 13, 2011, 06:52:29 AM »
Me again, Mr Librarian. Paulo, what do you think about releasing the most recent, stable version of this script as "non-Beta" so that I can move it into the Script Library? Seems that with 40-50 downloads and being the only Imbuing trainer on the site we should give some respect and get it approved. Then you can work on your RoT integration as a feature update or something maybe?

Let us know what you think!

X

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 13, 2011, 06:55:18 AM »
Go ahead and push it.  I am working on a re-write to add ROT, clean up some issues, and add an optional tinker progression that will be cheaper, but probably nothing that is necessary.  Just stuff I am not happy with. Its not perfect, but I think its reliable enough to move over.

-Mario Andretti

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #58 on: May 13, 2011, 09:51:25 PM »
Did you want my version that doesn't use tinkering??

Offline 12TimesOver

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 14, 2011, 02:32:24 AM »
MOVED to ScriptUO Approved Script Library.

X

Tags: