Author Topic: Ultimate Pot Drinking Sub  (Read 8728 times)

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Ultimate Pot Drinking Sub
« on: October 20, 2008, 06:46:50 AM »
I've been wanting to do this for some time... Soliciting inputs and maybe I'll work on it.

A potion drinking SUB routine that will sense if a hand is free and react intelligently.

Determine how to free up a hand for drinking.

1 - two handed weapon in hands - fast weapon switch to see if one hander is alternate weapon, if NOT then switch back and return without drinking.

2 - two handed weapon in hands - fast weapon switch to see if one hander is alternate weapon, if SO then drink, switch and return.

3 - shield and weapon in hands - drop shield, drink, arm shield.

4 - shield and spell book - drop spell book, drink, arm spell book.

Determine what to drink.

1 - Greater Heal
2 - Greater Cure
3 - Total Refresh
4 - Greater Agility
5 - Greater Strength

Nightsight, etc... ?

Include eating stuff?

I want to make this a sub routine that would be easily integrated to anyones script. Include a simple call and timer when required. Something like:

Code: [Select]
gosub QUAFF g_curedrink a greater cure

gosub QUAFF g_heal rightforce a disarm right hand, then drink a greater heal, then rearm right hand - over rides the subs logic

I'm still in the pre-pre-pre-planning phase. If this is already available then disregard completely. If anyone has inputs, please post them here and I might start some preliminary data gathering.

Thanks.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Ultimate Pot Drinking Sub
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2008, 09:46:11 AM »
Kool idea!  Don't forget timers too.  If you get one that works for two handed weps intelligently, that would be impressive.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2008, 10:09:06 AM »
I have some great uber-fast disarm/rearm subs somewhere I'd donate to the cause.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2008, 10:47:15 AM »
Great, I'll definitely be needing that. Quicker then the default "quick weapon switch"?

I'm not sure I want to go through a "what weapon do you want to disarm" setup. I'll make some basic rules and leave it up to the user to have a one hander as a secondary weapon. I don't want any config for this at all, just a plug-n-play sub.

Right now I'll just gather up the data required. Timers will be set in the sub itself...

What factors would be involved in determining what to do to free up a hand for drinking?
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2008, 10:52:43 AM »
These are nice because you just give it the #FINDID, and it'll arm you.  Disarm/rearm of the same weapon/shield then is handled with the standard event macros.

I guess you'll just need to be aware of what's being held in the off hand and not disarm that.  It's been a while since I've done anything with that stuff however.
Come play RIFT with me!

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2008, 11:40:31 AM »
I'm thinking of making a listing of every two handed weapon. If it's found in right or left hand (some two handers are in the opposite hand, like some bows) then the sub knows to try the "equip last weapon" of event macro 37 0.

I don't think I'll need to put in every type of weapon in the game, just two handers, spell books, and shields. I mean if someone is running with a fishing pole and a lantern, they probably shouldn't be in a situation requiring potions.

Of course, that said, I'm sure I'll have users chiming in with "why won't this work with my Halloween 2001 trick or treat bag and my event item dragon scrotum shield equipped?"

Offline bliss

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • bliss has no influence.
  • Respect: +2
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2008, 08:12:20 AM »
you gota add eating apples in there some where with all the omen curse strangles going on in game plus the timer has been changed on them so they are worth carrying around now i think its like 10 sec. how about a trap box too keep the pesky para spamers off ya. you can make the ultimate life saver script all in one oh ya dont forget to add the band aid part in there too

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2008, 08:54:30 AM »
Still on the list of "Things I wish I had time to get to, but won't for a while".

Offline Djego

• Activity:
    0%
  • Djego has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2009, 03:48:39 PM »
*necromances the thread*

I know it has been a while, but is there any progress? Such a sub sounds really useful! But you should definitely add also to disarm the weapon but shield, in situations when you are very low health it's better disarming the weapon and parry a blow than the other way round ;)

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2009, 04:52:22 PM »
Nope, none at all  :(

Offline Djego

• Activity:
    0%
  • Djego has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2009, 06:12:19 AM »
That's a pity... i'll wait for it and hope you will do something with it... i would try it for myself, but this task is too hard for me i think :D

Offline casca

• Activity:
    0%
  • casca has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2009, 05:53:00 PM »
I've been wanting to do this for some time... Soliciting inputs and maybe I'll work on it.

A potion drinking SUB routine that will sense if a hand is free and react intelligently.

Determine how to free up a hand for drinking.

1 - two handed weapon in hands - fast weapon switch to see if one hander is alternate weapon, if NOT then switch back and return without drinking.

2 - two handed weapon in hands - fast weapon switch to see if one hander is alternate weapon, if SO then drink, switch and return.

3 - shield and weapon in hands - drop shield, drink, arm shield.

4 - shield and spell book - drop spell book, drink, arm spell book.

Determine what to drink.

1 - Greater Heal
2 - Greater Cure
3 - Total Refresh
4 - Greater Agility
5 - Greater Strength

Nightsight, etc... ?

Include eating stuff?

I want to make this a sub routine that would be easily integrated to anyones script. Include a simple call and timer when required. Something like:

gosub QUAFF g_curedrink a greater cure

gosub QUAFF g_heal rightforce a disarm right hand, then drink a greater heal, then rearm right hand - over rides the subs logic

I'm still in the pre-pre-pre-planning phase. If this is already available then disregard completely. If anyone has inputs, please post them here and I might start some preliminary data gathering.

Thanks.

I've been thinking about doing this as well.. I'm glad someone else is going to do it LOL!! :)  SO that said let me add a little fuel to the fire... different heal pots have different timers.  I've been playing around with how I would approach this script for awhile (which is why I actually never got to the coding part).... but let me lay this on you...

Have you thought about doing something about measuring damage per second somehow and having the script adjust intelligently the style in which it utilizes different heal pots...

For example...

Chug a lesser a regular and then a larger one (since the timers are smaller on the other ones, you could actually heal more PER SECOND in some instances by combining the two or three)

Anyway just a thought to royally screw up your planning hehehe

Offline bliss

• Activity:
    0%
  • bliss has no influence.
  • Respect: +2
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2009, 07:36:09 PM »
so now that all the smart peeps at ea have jacked up chugging you think this is still gona work?. i dont see why they had to mess with the heal pots, im not sure if all pots are going to go through immunity thing all a see is heal but the one they realy needed to do was cure pots atleast just put a timer on it so peeps can insta cure every sec when deadly or leathal poised some time ea is so dam ignorant to the game its not even funny

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2009, 08:28:02 PM »
Edited
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 07:21:33 PM by UOMaddog »
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2009, 08:44:49 PM »
Hey cool!  Thanks for this MD.
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: