Author Topic: Ter Mur Lumberjack  (Read 40415 times)

Offline slyoneTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • slyone has no influence.
  • Respect: +40
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Ter Mur Lumberjack
« on: April 20, 2010, 09:21:31 PM »
+1
Nicar's Recall Lumberjacker has been my script of choice for lumberjacking for the past couple years.  When Ter Mur came out, I went and marked a full runebook of trees and went to work.  I found that the script did not recognize my trees!
I'm not the most advanced scripter but I am learning.  So i went to try and figure out how to make Nic's LJ work in Ter Mur.  After a bit of work on the script, I've got something that works quite well.  The script is My Ter Mur edit of Nicar's Recall LJ.  It still has issues with timing...(sometime I lose my client when unloading my backpack which is quite annoying)...but I find it very effective.

To make the script work in Ter Mur, I basically hardcode my trees into the script.

So to setup up the script, you first have to fill one or two runebooks with trees for Ter Mur.  Name one of them 'ter 16' and the other 'mur 16'.  Then run the setup script for each runebook in Ter Mur.  The setup script makes you recall around to each tree in your runebook and target the tree you want to harvest at each spot.  It pauses in between each rune so that you can recall from one rune to the next.  After the 16th tree, the script creates a file named 'mytrees.txt' and puts it in the same directory as the setup script is found.  Copy and paste the code created from the mytrees.txt into the corresponding subs at the end up my lumberjacking template script.  If you are using two books for ter mur, then you have to run the setup script for each book and copy the code into the template each time.  The LJ script only supports two books for Ter Mur.  Once you have copy and pasted the code into the template save the script and you are done with the tree setup.

As for setting up your lumberjacker to use Nic's LJ: First I suggest you get a couple runebooks for Ter Mur setup,  Then I would get a separate runebook containing a rune to my secure location.  Then I would set my variables in the menu and press Play!

The script auto locates trees to chop in fel. The script is not specific to only Ter Mur.  It also works with other facets.  You only have to do the runebook setup for the trees in Ter Mur.  Name the Ter Mur runebooks:  'ter 16' and 'mur 16'.  Name the runebooks for other facets:  'wood 16' or 'tree 16'.  Make sure that you only have one 'ter 16' runebook and one 'mur 16' runebook and that the tree setup code has been copied and pasted to the correct sub at the end of the template script.

I did my best to write clear instructions at the beginning of the scripts.

I have had quite a bit of success using this script.  I hope you find it as effective as I have.
Thanks!

Note:  I am posting this script as my edit to Nicar's Recall Lumberjacker.  I give the credit to Nicar and J4bber for writing it and many thanks to all those who helped make it such a powerful script.  Thanks to all who have contributed to it in the past!

Sly did make reasonable attempts to get in touch with the previous authors.  So we're OK with him taking over this script.  FYI

Revision to Version 2.2:  I simplified the logic in how the runebooks get setup.  Now the script correctly determines how many runebooks you have in your backpack and adjusts to any combination of ter 16, mur 16, and tree/wood books.
Revision to Version 2.2a: I added a crystal shard counter. 

There are 2 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
nics lumber slyone's edit_templatev2_2a.txt
slyone's Tree Setupv2.txt
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 01:20:55 PM by slyone »
Started playing back at the Second Age

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Ter Mur Lumberjack
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 09:35:31 PM »
+1
How hazardous is it Lumberjacking in Tel Mur? I've noticed there are alot of critters running around...

I might have to put down my shovel and pick up the ole' axe again.

How is drop rate of the Crystal Shards?

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 07:27:15 AM »
+1
plenty of places that you can chop safely.  Q me regarding crystal shards.

:)

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 08:15:36 AM »
+1
pretty sure its something like 5 an hour or so
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2010, 08:16:25 AM »
+1
We're not on the same shard NObama.  ???

Fortunately I don't put DI on any of my weapons in fact I make it a point to look for weapons that don't have DI on them. Virtually every weapon I come across that has DI on it I toss.

It's too bad it's not another property that Crystal Shards produce...  
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 08:20:36 AM by Ultima »

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2010, 08:27:38 AM »
+1
Spell damage increase?
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2010, 08:43:52 AM »
+1
That explains why their fetching what they are...

I don't play too many spellcasting templates. Archers, Samurai , tamers and Bards are pretty much all I play with.

Spellcasters are labor intensive. I don't want to be smashing my keyboard all the time tossing out spells left and right when more than likely something else can get the job done that suits my taste.

With the release of the Fey Slayer Book I might have to get my hands on some of these Crystal Shards and see how much SDI I can load up on.

I worked the Weald last night with some folks and one of them was working the spawn in Wraith Form with a Fey Slayer book and he was pretty impressive. I might have to try that route myself. :)

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2010, 09:42:22 AM »
+1
I've found that crystals shards drop frequently enough to make lumberjacking in Ter Mur worth it.  I have to watch out sometimes for random monsters but for the most part I have been able to find trees without dangerous spawn.

Also, crystal shards come in handy when you need arcanic rune stones. 

Offline kenshin87

• Activity:
    0%
  • kenshin87 has no influence.
  • Respect: +35
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2010, 05:34:36 PM »
+1
ok so great work on revamping the script to work in ter mur really works great. and giving a heads up for people going to be doing this is that they seem to be banning people with ease over there. on a more script side note is that a counter used for crystal shards would be very cool and also it seems to snag up a ways into it and not target it the tree and continues to double click the axe for use but not click the tree. i am restarting the script againa nd doing the initial setup to see if it fixes it but great job and thank you!

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2010, 05:42:55 PM »
+1
Yeah, due to the limited tree space in ter mur its pretty frickin obvious when you are scripting it :)
Monkeys and Typewriters!

Offline kenshin87

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2010, 06:05:41 PM »
+1
haha yeah but just giving a heads up and another thing i just found is  that when if you are just running one runebook in ter mur if you go through all of the trees it gets stuck i tried to fix it but really didnt know how to. also i am just thinking of things off the top of my head i will take a look into them in more detail tomorrow. but when running the setup portion and you are recalling to target the trees maybe allow a check to see if it actually targeted the tree or if it was a bad tree spot.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2010, 08:51:43 PM »
+1
Thanks for testing it out.  I'll see if I can get it to reproduce the issues you are having.  It would be nice to add a crystal shard counter...I'll look into it  :)

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2010, 06:20:51 AM »
+1
Ultima, ultima, ultima.  Generally, when I tell you to Q me, it's cause I have a secret...

:)

Offline Petkiller

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Petkiller has no influence.
  • Respect: +7
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2010, 07:42:03 AM »
+1
I use an edited copy of MW's lumberjacking script for turmur.  I just have the script click at the same x and y for every tree spot and edited the sub where it scans for new trees.  I just had to mark my tree runes so a tree is located at the same x and y for every spot for all my rune books.  The counter says its doing about 12k logs per hour.

Offline kenshin87

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2010, 09:07:03 AM »
+1
simple fix for the script stopping is just add another rune book of trees whether it be the mur 16 or just a tree 1 2 3... the script looks for the second rune book with the +1 and since there is no other rune book itwill continually run that loop. not a big deal just make a second book quick easy fix.

Tags: