Author Topic: Bad Template  (Read 5964 times)

jesterboo

Bad Template
« on: September 27, 2010, 03:24:11 PM »
If someone in game calls you bad for how you play, what does that make them if they die to you?

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Bad Template
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 03:33:03 PM »
Depends on how they died and how much you had to do with them dying. Could have just been luck or just the kill shot or rez kill or maybe a super well planned out kill like no one has seen the likes of before.  There are alot of determining factors that have not been included.

jesterboo

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 05:01:35 PM »
to put it this way, it was a guild mate and I on our stealthers and took out 5 necro mages in despise

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2010, 05:21:42 PM »
Well, TBH a stealth archer who only uses a comp bow with a 1.5s swing, while a good template at killing players is still a crappy template.

This is the reason why people think so poorly of archers these days. Now, If you told me one of you had a regular bow on equiplast weapon and slapped a para shot right as the player started to panzy off and then you both timed 2 ai's landing while they were paralyzed, then more props to you. But a player that just rely's on landing 5 armore ignores back to back in 8 seconds.... meh....

Then again, all thats required of a mage is that they don't LAND any blows in 8 seconds LOL, I never did get why people tried to talk about mages like it was soo much more skill. Same difference, just watching pixels and reacting.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2010, 05:29:40 PM »
to put it this way, it was a guild mate and I on our stealthers and took out 5 necro mages in despise

necro mage spawners.. not so impressed at all.   These guys are getting hit by spawn already and wear low resist suits with high sdi for spawn.  no challenge at all.

red necro mages ... a little more respect for that.

but riding dirty on a stealther in a spawn gives an advantage for sure to pop shot.  I know because i have done it.  more patience and being manipulating spawn and not so much dueling skill.

some think the only skill is pure dueling.  i tend to disagree.  sounds like you got undersomeones skin...hehe

jesterboo

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2010, 05:39:49 PM »
the guild is the biggest one on GL. They say were bad but half of their factioners are stealth archers. On the contrary, If i was able to pull off 5 AI's in a row, I would be invincible...lol. I can only land 2 maybe 3, these guys have all imbued suits and it was all blues and 1 necro mage that use to be in our guild. My stats are the best for a stealth archer, but i do well. The guild I'm in has been one of the most hated guilds on GL as far as i can remember. My point is, there were 5 necro mages and not one cross heal on any guild mate, and we took them down in sequence from best to worst, Now i did die once to their 5. But I still don't understand how that can be bad, i just want to know what that makes them if they die to 2 stealther archers. Does that make them worst, or are they just that bad at cross healing and calling shots

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2010, 06:11:35 PM »
Think that's bad.

Guild on My Shard is known for being the biggest speeder/exploiters on the whole shard. My GM kicked the crap out of their "Best" mages in mage duels, all of them claimed he cheated or was using a script to do the casting. Now, they started doing dexxer duels, only instead of actually doing duels they just call in ganks and then proclaim over global chat that we got rolled in a duel 1 on 1. (Oh, and their VERY best mage who could take on his other mage guildmates in a 2 on 1 and win happened to transfer his mage off the server shortly after that)

It has got to be the saddest thing I've ever seen in my life.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2010, 08:16:33 PM »
*Sniffs the air*

Starting to smell like a Stratics thread in here.  Peeeyooo.

:P

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2010, 08:23:54 PM »
Agree'd nobama! Sorry for even bringing it all up!
Monkeys and Typewriters!

jesterboo

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2010, 04:16:45 AM »
stratics? What's that. I go to UOPVP.net for trash talking, that just makes my day worse for you guys saying that. Sorry if you guys feel that way, it was just a simple question. Dang

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2010, 09:26:47 AM »
The Major point here was that we are a scripting community and not a trash talking PVP community.  No offense meant just a fact.

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2010, 10:02:53 AM »
I lubs the dead guy who stands around as a ghost proclaiming "you guys suck" ROFL.

MW - the last dude I killed on my stealth archer went down like this.

Heavy Crossbow Dismount Shot
DP'd Shuriken
- Swap to Bow
Mortal
DP'd Shuriken ; his bandage cured the last poison
Mortal
Deathstrike

Then I had Para Shot up in case he cured cause he was getting close to the exit of Destard. That's 2 bows and 4 different attacks with a 5th ready to go, and not a single Armor Ignore.

Now don't get me wrong... I'll moving shot chase your butt across T2A if I have to, and if you do stop to cure/heal it's an Armor Ignore for you! I just don't like to get stuck with the same combo's when there are some pretty fun ones out there.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2010, 10:35:49 AM »
But, you get the point cerveza. There is a time in place for certain bows. I can't tell you how many times i've whipped out my magical shortbow and targetted a monster/pet/player with lowest dci and done the lightning special so I could fizzle all the mages around that target.

Large group chasing you? Run for 3 seconds, stop, para shot, keep running. Or, go animal form and drop mirror images behind you. Acts as a Blockade.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2010, 10:43:51 AM »
Oh yeah, I fully agree with you. A regular crossbow is one of my favorite weapons... people poop a little when you Conc them and follow it with a Mortal hehe....
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2010, 11:16:16 AM »
there were 5 necro mages and not one cross heal on any guild mate

Hehe,  nice...

no cross heals.  ugg- i hate playng with selfish players like that

Tags: