Author Topic: Salutations !  (Read 2211 times)

Offline quadro313Topic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • quadro313 has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Salutations !
« on: October 11, 2010, 10:46:08 AM »
Hail to thee , dear friend. I go by the name Quadro ( and some random numbers usually ) and I would like to tell you what brought me here and I shall start from the beginning itself.

'twas way back in 2003. I was reading the new issue of a gaming magazine and I glimpsed at their "old pages" - a section in which odd/old games would be listed. I wasn't expecting anything interesting , nor have I ever done so. This time , however , two pages were dedicated to a game of the so-called MMO genre , which was until that point unfamiliar to me. Ultima Online , that was it's name. I remember being totally captivated by the description on the zine ( which was by the way referring to a local-based server , not the original ones ). First thing I did on the other day was to follow the links on the page and see what it was really about.

Now I won't go in detail about the magic UO worked on me since I believe we've all been on that road. Not knowing what to do but being absolutely happy since that lack of knowledge equals lack of restrictions. Me and a friend of mine would do whatever we felt like doing currently - attacking a skeleton , then running as soon as a wraith came along , fetching horses for PKs in order to buy out our lives or just chop wood in some desolated area - you name it , we did it. We've all done it. I , however , set off to be more of the peaceful kind whereas my friend went down the road of thievery and murders. I was usually on a crafter or a tamer.

Two years it must've been that I simply could not put Ultima Online aside. There was so much to do , so much to find , so much to earn , yet the more you did/found/earned , the more you realized how much more there is! Then I started taking short breaks of a month and so until , in 2007 , I quit for an indefinite amount of time. It sure felt bad !

Back to present times , 2 months ago to be precise , I decided to stop this inner fight with myself and finally come back. Upon playing for a few weeks , I realized that some things have changed. I found out about Razor , and was alternatively linked to EasyUO. I liked EasyUO's idea , I dug around a bit more and I found this place. Decided to give it a shot , so here I am !

---- READER'S VERSION OF THE TEXT ABOVE ----

hai i need itenz & scriptz

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Salutations !
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 10:53:11 AM »
Welcome to the site.  Thx for the intro.  your restriction is lifted any you are free to roam...etc

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 11:39:03 AM »
I prefer the longer, more thoughtful version!  Excellent introduction! Welcome!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2010, 11:52:03 AM »
I prefer the longer, more thoughtful version!  Excellent introduction! Welcome!

As do I! Thank you for the well thought out post. Enjoy the site...please feel free to join in on the discussion boards, there are a ton of knowledgable people here that are more then happy to help out.
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2010, 12:05:16 PM »
LOL!   ;)  I need items and scripts!  That's Funny.  What I dont understand though is, are you saying that the people who really need items and scripts can't spell?

ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

Offline quadro313Topic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • quadro313 has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2010, 12:13:52 PM »
Nay , mate , it was just a joke. No specific references , just a few lads I've seen use those exact words. They kinda got stuck in my head hehe.

Thank ye for the warm welcomes , and I shall definitely stick around ! Wasn't expecting this quick of a reply.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2010, 12:53:10 PM »
Nay , mate , it was just a joke. No specific references , just a few lads I've seen use those exact words. They kinda got stuck in my head hehe.

Thank ye for the warm welcomes , and I shall definitely stick around ! Wasn't expecting this quick of a reply.

We are a pretty active site here so we tend to respond to good reads very quickly.  Thanks for the good read and most definately check out our infamous search button.

Tags: