Author Topic: Very Possibly a newbie question  (Read 1653 times)

Offline MasscreTopic starter

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Very Possibly a newbie question
« on: February 07, 2011, 11:40:56 AM »
I am trying to script stealthing using pathfinding but is there a way I can turn off run with some script fuction? I have looked at almost everything function wise at easy wiki and can find nothing? Any ideas? Thanks alot guys.

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
    • View Profile
Re: Very Possibly a newbie question
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 11:42:25 AM »
I have not tinkered with it much, but I believe you need to use move commands instead of pathfinding to keep yourself in stealth. 
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline Dixie Wrecked

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Dixie Wrecked has no influence.
  • Respect: +31
    • View Profile
Re: Very Possibly a newbie question
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 11:48:30 AM »
Paulonius is correct, the best way is to use move instead of pathfind, as pathfind tries to follow the cursor, so you have to leave the cursor close to your character to avoid trying to run.  I wrote a script to randomly stealth around my house plot just a week or two ago and ran into this same problem, with move being the fix over pathfind.
"hmm, theres no examples and directions sticky in new member intros.  you have to admit script library would have been a good place to put it"
- karrde