Author Topic: Old Schooler returning to a whole new UO!  (Read 5424 times)

Offline krs187Topic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • krs187 has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Old Schooler returning to a whole new UO!
« on: May 03, 2011, 01:21:00 PM »
Hey all!  I am one of the origanal beta testers actually... I quit more than 12 years ago before t2a! LOL Killing dragons and stuff got boring... i was around for the original bugs in the game I actually still remember those... The MA bug 1 shot kill, then it was harm after magic arrow was debugged... spam cast all spells cause no faster casting/recovery was impletemented around the beta lol was funny as hell ! The best was the invul plain leather armor that was bought from npcs... and put on in certain order actually made u superman lmao cept for harm i beleive...

But ya friends told me to check the changes in the game the new expansions/bosses/skills/chars are sweet... A ton more bang for your monthly payment i would say!

But anyways I am on here cause a friend actually told me about this "Scripting to avoid carpel tunnel" and it sounds like a great idea to me! haha

anyhoo im back for quite some time i think now... Hoping this will be a good community aswell!

Cheers;
KRS187

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Old Schooler returning to a whole new UO!
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 01:25:46 PM »
Thanks for the intro, restricted status lifted.

Who was it that pointed us out to you?
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.8%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 01:34:27 PM »
Welcome!

Offline Outlaw Josey Wales

• Full Moon Rising!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Outlaw Josey Wales has no influence.
  • Respect: +59
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011, 02:57:39 PM »
welcome

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011, 03:11:33 PM »
welcome
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2011, 03:21:42 PM »
Welcome and always check out our search button.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2011, 04:40:43 PM »
Hey all thank you! appreciate the warm welcomes lol... my friend on Atlantic told me as he heard from an old friend about this site! It definately seems really cool this site! so far people seem great aswell... I am unsure actually as to what name he signed up on here with his name is Genisis on Atl i beleive...

He is waiting on acceptance too I beleive...

Cheers again !
KRS

Oops forgot to add this part i was recently approved as i stated before in this message... I am just wondering how i get ahold of the script uo engine thing, the on i have from (search bar lead me to download section)  Although it sais run mode disabled on the top of the suo program.  (the one where i open and edit scripts, also seems to have no play button probably due to the fact that it's a disabled version) ? 

Some help would be greatly appreciated im not that horrible at computers, but not the best either.. :P
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 05:13:57 PM by krs187 »

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2011, 05:22:27 PM »
ScriptUO will only be a script editor.  If OpenEUO ever becomes really "open" I would add running scripts to ScriptUO. 
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2011, 05:39:27 PM »
Ok cool! do you happen to know why the euo engines wont work right ? openeuo has errors saying scipt is wrong = in wrong places or ; etc... and normal euo newest version same issue the play button wont work.... I tried to run many scripts after editing the parts that needed to be edited and still had the same errors above... I am unsure why they won't work i have the newest version for the newest version (patch) for ultima online osi shards.

I downloaded the blacksmith.txt set it up to no avail.... actually just allow me to copy and paste an error here for you,
!C:\openeuo_110403\Blacksmith_Trainer_.30.txt:1: unexpected symbol near '=='
all scripts give same error and other euo(non open one) wont plat at all is it an editor like your's also perhaps??

Sorry again for noobish questions... appreciate your quick response!

If maybe i dont have the right program in general where can i receive the right .exe or w.e ?

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2011, 05:41:10 PM »
OpenEUO doesn't run old EUO scripts directly, but only Lua code.  For the old scripts, you need use EUO.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2011, 06:03:09 PM »
Oh i see.... well I got the openeuo version and the old euo version.... the old one is the problem where the play button wont work with anything EUO not SUO?? I am unsure how to correct this issue?

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2011, 01:44:31 PM »
SUO is currently just an editor. If you are trying to run LUA scripts you will need OpenEUO. If you are trying to run older scripts you will need EasyUO. Does that help any?

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2011, 03:54:55 PM »
aye i got that part now thanks... but for some reason the regular euo engine's play button never works with .txt scripts (and i made sure that i loaded the non openeuo and non .lua files)? :(  dunno why it wont play scripts i  got the most recent euo after ea patched uo recently...  Could my issue possibly be that my windows version is win 7? or would that not make a difference?

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.8%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2011, 04:38:28 PM »
aye i got that part now thanks... but for some reason the regular euo engine's play button never works with .txt scripts (and i made sure that i loaded the non openeuo and non .lua files)? :(  dunno why it wont play scripts i  got the most recent euo after ea patched uo recently...  Could my issue possibly be that my windows version is win 7? or would that not make a difference?

Right click on euo and do properties, then capatability and at the bottom click on change settings for all users, then click on run this program as administrator.

Enjoy and remember Gimlet = awesome!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 04:40:02 PM by gimlet »

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2011, 04:55:00 PM »
Hmm i just changed permissions in properties as you stated... and the play button is still inactive ? not functioning still... and there was only access restrictions tab not capability. ? I set access to run as admin and nada

Post Merge: May 04, 2011, 04:59:30 PM
Thank you so much right clicked on .exe file and run admin was in list of options along with properties etc... and now its acually playing and also seems to be running initial set up.

:)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 04:59:30 PM by krs187 »

Tags: